Beane not a good fit

Lay off the reefer man. Every thought doesn't need its own thread.

A good GM can find players for whatever scheme the coaches run. Dennison's offense doesn't prevent us from taking big players or a QB next year who can be a pocket passer.

Don't blame reefer for OP's lunacy.

Buffalobud420 and billsbareback should be buddies. They know more than everyone else. Duh.

Oh, also.... This thread is a train wreck. And saying something stupid becomes compounded when you double down and defend it. How in the sam hell could you even glean a philosophy from an asst GM, even if that were a thing and/or mattered at all?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalobud420 and billsbareback should be buddies. They know more than everyone else. Duh.

Oh, also.... This thread is a train wreck. And saying something stupid becomes compounded when you double down and defend it. How in the sam hell could you even glean a philosophy from an asst GM, even if that were a thing and/or mattered at all?

just start throwing out comparisons to Ted Nugent and it all makes sense ...

Yes, it is true. It's well documented how high carolina was on the guys we ended up taking.

Like that 6'2" big bodied WR to play on the outside.... hmmm isn't that where you claim carolina values their only big bodied offense?

Jones is a slot WR. In our offense and especially theirs. They needed a slot and maybe liked Zay. They have two outside WRs. Edited by BuffaloBud420

The OP "did his homework."

Jones is a slot WR. In our offense and especially theirs. They needed a slot and maybe liked Zay. They have two outside WRs.

Zay Jones will be lining up outside, the only thing stopping that is if they feel he isn't ready, meaning Holmes the 6'4" FA acquisition will be lining up outside. We actually signed one of their slot WRs Philly Brown whom is 5'11"

This is hilarious

Edited by BillsFan17

Zay Jones will be lining up outside, the only thing stopping that is if they feel he isn't ready, meaning Holmes the 6'4" FA acquisition will be lining up outside. We actually signed one of their slot WRs Philly Brown whom is 5'11"

He will be slot. We can revisit this.

This is hilarious

"I was a slot receiver my first three years, and I wouldn't say I perfected the slot, but I was damn good at it," Jones said.

Not that my opinion matters but for this GM position I'd prefer old age and treachery over youth and enthusiasm. Someone Coach is familiar with and trusts to be looking over his shoulder

Edited by bmur66

He will be slot. We can revisit this.

"I was a slot receiver my first three years, and I wouldn't say I perfected the slot, but I was damn good at it," Jones said.

Lmao and the very next quote he says how he moved to the outside this past year hahahah... where he had his best college stats ON THE OUTSIDE. Edited by BillsFan17

Lmao and the very next quote he says how he moved to the outside this past year hahahahshs

Ok. Most of NFL sees him as a slot. Holmes and Watkins on outside, Jones in slot. Pretty good. Some of the best WRs in NFL line up in slot most of the time. I don't understand the problem.

Ok. Most of NFL sees him as a slot. Holmes and Watkins on outside, Jones in slot. Pretty good. Some of the best WRs in NFL line up in slot most of the time. I don't understand the problem.

Because you are telling me they only put big bodies on the outside. When I brought up Curtis Samuel said he drafted to be their slot cause they like their big guys on the outside... Zay Jones isn't small and I haven't seen anyone project Jones to be a slot guy without having not panned out on the outside.

More over you are helping my case by saying we have added players similar your made up knowledge of how Beane values players.

to quote the late great George Carlin... "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

lol :thumbsup:

Did I not read somewhere that Holmes and Jones would likely be boundary receivers. And, that Sammy would be moved around ala Antonio Brown

Edited by horned dogs

Because you are telling me they only put big bodies on the outside. When I brought up Curtis Samuel said he drafted to be their slot cause they like their big guys on the outside... Zay Jones isn't small and I haven't seen anyone project Jones to be a slot guy without having not panned out on the outside.

More over you are helping my case by saying we have added players similar your made up knowledge of how Beane values players.

Height is not the end all be all for slot WRs. Jordan Mathews is 6'3 and Jarvis Landry 6'1. Very good slot WRs.

Since when did GMs become scheme-defined?

That's for the coaches to worry about.

Exactly right.

Here's why I kind of lean toward Beane: Most GMs want to pick their own HC. And Doug Whaley will gladly tell you why. GMs are judged by wins and losses - and wins and losses are determined largely by the head coach. When the coaching is bad, the GM often loses his job too.

Some GM candidates will therefore be reluctant to link up with a HC they didn't choose. Beane however already knows and - supposedly - likes McD. They ought to work together well.

it is... not that hard.

and yet we read here from many folks that whaley was only good at certain positions and such.

i think there is some merit to the conversation that a GM/scout will have types of guys they are best with.

i think there is little merit in asserting that beane is not good with the guys that fit our scheme.

I'm opposed to Beane because of his larger background in comm/marketing, single-franchise work history and potential as a lackey for McD. However, this is the first I've ever heard of a scheme being referenced in regard to a GM.

Pulling for Veach, resigned to the fact that it'll be a charade and Beane is the shoe in.