Beane not a good fit

How the !@#$ am I the most mature poster in here after making a Beane flicking comment?

:D

I'll be the jerk and say, I don't think the age group of some posters get the reference lol.

That aside, while I'm not a fan of his Crucci just posted an article about why Beane would be an ideal fit. And how their philosophies and ideals match up.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/02/vic-caruccis-bills-analysis-beane-logical-gm-choice/

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We know which way the defense goes. However it looks like Beane and McDermotts offensive philosophy couldn't be more different. Beane is an offense guy, played Quarterback in college and scouted QB and offensive skill positions his entire career until being assistant GM.

You look at Carolinas offense and ours as it sits, quite different. If you look at the players Carolina has on offense. They like them BIG (Benjamin, Funchess, Olsen). They also like to let Cam sit back and sling it, we don't know if Taylor is capable of that.

Dennison likes a lot of PA, boots, screens. With short yardage throws, probably occasionally taking a deep shot. I think we should stay away from Beane, If we want to go the current way on Offense.

You seem to be conflating the role of the GM (who is supposed to get the players the coaches need/want to execute their scheme) and the coach (who is supposed to draw up the scheme, use the overall scheme to craft the week's game plan, and teach both to the players.

If Beane can scout and recognize offensive talent, that's fine. It wouldn't surprise me if one factor behind Whaley's firing was that McWrestler feels he can recognize defensive talent as well or better than Whaley could, but wanted someone who has more of an eye for offensive talent in the GM role. I think it has to be said that Whaley and his staff have done a better job finding players on D than on O.

We know which way the defense goes. However it looks like Beane and McDermotts offensive philosophy couldn't be more different. Beane is an offense guy, played Quarterback in college and scouted QB and offensive skill positions his entire career until being assistant GM.

You look at Carolinas offense and ours as it sits, quite different. If you look at the players Carolina has on offense. They like them BIG (Benjamin, Funchess, Olsen). They also like to let Cam sit back and sling it, we don't know if Taylor is capable of that.

Dennison likes a lot of PA, boots, screens. With short yardage throws, probably occasionally taking a deep shot. I think we should stay away from Beane, If we want to go the current way on Offense.

That's ridiculous. Because the two teams run different types of offenses is no basis for eliminating someone from consideration. A GM needs to be able to work with the HC and draft players that fit the coaches philosophy. Every draft is different, every HC is different. Do you think that because Carolina runs a different offense that Beane is only capable of drafting one type of player? Makes no sense to me at all.

You seem to be conflating the role of the GM (who is supposed to get the players the coaches need/want to execute their scheme) and the coach (who is supposed to draw up the scheme, use the overall scheme to craft the week's game plan, and teach both to the players.

If Beane can scout and recognize offensive talent, that's fine. It wouldn't surprise me if one factor behind Whaley's firing was that McWrestler feels he can recognize defensive talent as well or better than Whaley could, but wanted someone who has more of an eye for offensive talent in the GM role. I think it has to be said that Whaley and his staff have done a better job finding players on D than on O.

Sammy, Karlos, John Miller, Jonathan Williams

Newton and Taylor couldn't be more opposite except they both are mobile.

both inaccurate af. Both can't read defenses for beans. Both struggle when pressure is on and have no clutch in them.

The only difference is Taylor doesn't turn the ball over much.

I suggest you watch Carolina play. I probably watch more of their games than the bills

both inaccurate af. Both can't read defenses for beans. Both struggle when pressure is on and have no clutch in them.

The only difference is Taylor doesn't turn the ball over much.

I suggest you watch Carolina play. I probably watch more of their games than the bills

Cam throws over the middle and tries to fit the ball in tight spots. I will no longer say Taylor's name in the same breath as Cam.

We not exempting him from the grammar police, ;)

We are just accepting it to try and keep the thread on track. ;)

Don't you mean we were excepting it? Sorry, couldn't help it. But for the record, this thread was already off the track when the OP created it.