We should trade Sammy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather just trade him, but with his injury history no one is giving up a 1

LOL.

Although McDermott lessened Sammy's trade value today by acting emotionally, he would still bring a gigantic haul in a trade because he is one of the top receivers in the NFL. He had an injury that anyone could get. He is a game changer as seen many times even on a run oriented team that barely featured him. His value is obvious to anyone who watches football.

McDermott is a new coach. I still have high hopes for him but he acted very foolishly with this decision. There really isn't even an argument to be made in defense of it. It is an odd, bad, emotional and irrational decision. This is not opinion. It's a fact.

If we are truly not picking up his option, we might as well salvage something from him while we can. We likely aren't contending for anything this year anyways so I feel this might be the right move. What could we get? Would you do it?

Edit: yes, I know, a snap reaction to the firing but might as well see what the board thinks!

Not picking up his option is meaningless. We can still Franchise him if he stays healthy and performs or work out a long term deal.

LOL.

Although McDermott lessened Sammy's trade value today by acting emotionally, he would still bring a gigantic haul in a trade because he is one of the top receivers in the NFL. He had an injury that anyone could get. He is a game changer as seen many times even on a run oriented team that barely featured him. His value is obvious to anyone who watches football.

McDermott is a new coach. I still have high hopes for him but he acted very foolishly with this decision. There really isn't even an argument to be made in defense of it. It is an odd, bad, emotional and irrational decision. This is not opinion. It's a fact.

This is straight up wrong. No one is giving a 1 for a player who misses half the season constantly. Not to mention the fact that he has 1 year left on his contract. Nobody is trading for a 1 year rental.

Edited by ndirish1978

Damaged goods. Coming off another foot surgery. For that kind of value if you think he will be healthy, you pick up the option and hope he has a great and healthy season then trade him. Highly doubtful anyone gives a first for him now.

So did Julio Jones and Dez Bryant who both had the same surgeries and both had to have an additional surgery. Watkins will be fine . If I'm him I don't do anything extra until contract has been extended. whether its here is Buffalo or Carolina who is looking with great interest . They know micky-d and the owner don't understand personnel. Carolina cant wait to steal him

Edited by liverpoolkev

This is straight up wrong. No one is giving a 1 for a player who misses half the season constantly. Not to mention the fact that he has 1 year left on his contract. Nobody is trading for a 1 year rental.

Before last season, he missed three games total in two years.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

There is one team that is throwing around seconds on Randy Gregory's and injured Jaylon Smith's.

Trade Sammy to the Boys. Jerry wants another run at s dynasty and this move would make them Super Bowl favorites.

Sammy to Dallas for a 2nd in 2018 and a 3rd in 2019.

If Sammy has 75 catches or 1100 yards it becomes a 1st in 2018. If the Cowboys make it to the Super Bowl they add as long as Sammy plays a snap in the playoffs.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Not picking up the option doesn't mean the plan is to let him go.

Exactly. Wait. If he plays lights out this season, he will earn a big payday. The Bills could still be in the running to pick up his contract or they can let him go. It also let's Sammy know that his payday very much depends on how he performs ths year.

LOL.

i disagree with this entire post...for once i feel the bills actually acted in a very measured and rational way...the emotional and easy thing to do would have been to just give sammy the 5th year option because of how much draft capital was invested in him...however, it doesn't make sense giving a guy that kinda of guaranteed money until he proves he can stay healthy...because as of right now, nobody knows if sammy can even play again- how foolish to give him guaranteed money?

Well done coach McD...i like the new methodical approach.

We should offer him to Dallas for their first, it will be 32.

i would take this in a heartbeat

i disagree with this entire post...for once i feel the bills actually acted in a very measured and rational way...the emotional and easy thing to do would have been to just give sammy the 5th year option because of how much draft capital was invested in him...however, it doesn't make sense giving a guy that kinda of guaranteed money until he proves he can stay healthy...because as of right now, nobody knows if sammy can even play again- how foolish to give him guaranteed money?

Well done coach McD...i like the new methodical approach.

i would take this in a heartbeat

Your posts always make perfect sense to me.

The coach is basically the GM at this point too. Picking up 5th year is a no brainer. Not doing so hurts Sammy and the Bills. There is no rational reason to deny it. It has to be emotion based. Obviously we don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes but McDermott is biting off his nose to spite his face. It's irrational.

Your post is irrational. They want to make sure his injury is not long lasting. It hurts neither. Sammy presuming he is fully recovered will rip it up and have options. The Bills will have options including giving him a huge deal next year.

Before last season, he missed three games total in two years.

He played half his first year hurt and with very little explosiveness. He has not played to his ability at all because of injuries. This is SUCH a pick and choose way to skew facts in your favor "well if you only look at the games where he scored a TD, he has scored a TD in every game I'm considering" would be just about as arbitrary.

Edited by ndirish1978

Sammy is the type of player that cannot 'suck it up'. If he has a hangnail, he will be pining for IR. I don't blame the Bills for passing on his option. Sammy has 'proven' himself again,and again. (Pu$$Y)

Travis Henry, our former criminal running back, played with a broken leg while bangin' seven women, and doing a big pot deal.. ----Anyone think we'd see that sort of testicular fortitude from Sammy? (Pot deal is the exclamation point)

Sammy is like a doily on a piece of '40's furniture. Look, but don't touch. Don't even THINK about sitting there...

I wouldn't disrespect Sammy that way...dude played on a broken foot for a losing team last year...if that doesn't say "heart" I don't know what does.

LOL.

Its clearly opinion. I spent 20 seconds after googling Watkins ooption and literally all the links i clicked on agree with the bills decision.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/5/2/15514476/buffalo-bills-decline-sammy-watkins-fifth-year-option

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.newyorkupstate.com/v1/articles/20595480/3_reasons_why_buffalo_bills_declined_sammy_watkins_fifth-year_option.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/02/bills-were-smart-to-admit-sammy-watkins-mistake/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2018-sammy-watkins-fifth-year-option-declined-buffalo-bills-wide-receiver/npd67y948lpmzapzawivv8as

His trade value isnt worth it. Its better to do as the Bills did and see if the young man overcomes adversity and if so hes services will be rewarded with a large contract.

Sammy is the type of player that cannot 'suck it up'. If he has a hangnail, he will be pining for IR. I don't blame the Bills for passing on his option. Sammy has 'proven' himself again,and again. (Pu$$Y)

Travis Henry, our former criminal running back, played with a broken leg while bangin' seven women, and doing a big pot deal.. ----Anyone think we'd see that sort of testicular fortitude from Sammy? (Pot deal is the exclamation point)

Sammy is like a doily on a piece of '40's furniture. Look, but don't touch. Don't even THINK about sitting there...

You are an idiot. And probably would be crawling to the nearest hospital if you took even one hit on an NFL field. Internet tough guys are such douches...