GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, job is now open. Good luck.

So just keep going with what isn't working. Untouchables.

The Bills salary cap man, Jim Overdorf, may also be on the way out. His fate will be determined by the new GM.

The Bills salary cap man, Jim Overdorf, may also be on the way out. His fate will be determined by the new GM.

There is a lot to process here, but at the end of the day I'm really just worried about one thing. Did Leroi get fired? Did we lose our source?

The rest of this...meh. McD is the sheriff for better or worse.

I'm glad Doug Whaley is gone, he had plenty of time to make us a playoff team, it wasn't very difficult to make us better after the dumpster fire team he was inherited, no playoffs in his tenure so it's time to move on, that said I hope this isn't McDermotts complete show and that all party's were informed upon or part of McDermott's hire.

I'm glad Doug Whaley is gone, he had plenty of time to make us a playoff team, it wasn't very difficult to make us better after the dumpster fire team he was inherited, no playoffs in his tenure so it's time to move on, that said I hope this isn't McDermotts complete show and that all party's were informed upon or part of McDermott's hire.

When a GM can't decide who the HC will be, it's hard to solely blame him for results on the field.

When a GM can't decide who the HC will be, it's hard to solely blame him for results on the field.

He seemed like someone who thought he could pass the buck every year.

This kind of person eventually gets the ax if the company keeps losing (games, $$$$, prestige.)

If he was a jerk to the staff they will be dancing in the hallways of the office, I've seen champagne ordered on the spot and toasted to this kind of dismissal.

So just keep going with what isn't working. Untouchables.

Sal MaioranaVerified account @salmaiorana 2h2 hours ago

More

Sal MaioranaVerified account @salmaiorana 2h2 hours ago

More

And he's part of the interview committee, no?

I was happy with the Whaley hire originally but firmly believed Pegs should have cleaned house from the beginning. Now those asswipes Brandon and Overdorf need to go. Overdorf clearly sucks, and I don't care how good of a marketing man Brandon is. They are both a big part of the culture of mediocrity and stench of losing that permeates 1BD. Those two are the last skid marks left in an organization that has sucked for far too long. The fans who have supported this abomination deserve better and it's time to bring on the bleach and wipe the stains clean.

I was happy with the Whaley hire originally but firmly believed Pegs should have cleaned house from the beginning. Now those asswipes Brandon and Overdorf need to go. Overdorf clearly sucks, and I don't care how good of a marketing man Brandon is. They are both a big part of the culture of mediocrity and stench of losing that permeates 1BD. Those two are the last skid marks left in an organization that has sucked for far too long. The fans who have supported this abomination deserve better and it's time to bring on the bleach and wipe the stains clean.

One useful step at a time.

This is the best Bills news I have heard in years.

Didn't understand why people gave Whaley 100% of the benefit of the doubt his whole time here.

Kind of surprised to see the axe fall on him like that.

I think it's for the best.

A few others should be gone as well shortly... hopefully...

Yeah but that hasn't been confirmed has it? I've never heard that as being fact other than random people saying it.

Yes, Multiple times confirmed by Pegula himself. Terry does the hiring. Rex was on "group advisement" (aka Brandon), and this year he let "Whaley lead the search, but did the final hiring".

"Pegula said that Whaley was responsible for putting together the Bills’ draft plan and executing it, but very few people truly believe that. McDermott, who Pegula hired as the new head coach of the team in mid-January, was basically serving as its de facto general manager these last couple months, too, and his voice has overridden everyone else's."....Sal M.

Yeah but that hasn't been confirmed has it? I've never heard that as being fact other than random people saying it.

Brandon hired Marrone before bringing Whaley aboard. Then the Pegulas hired Rex when Whaley wanted Hue Jackson. Then Pegs says Whaley will head up the search and we end up with McDermott, who turns out to be Whaley's executioner.