Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

Doesn't seem like coach speak to me... if anything it seems like Beane almost made him walk back his enthusiasm right after that response and McDermott's response right after that was the diplomatic one.

Sure seemed like genuine enthusiasm as his initial response.

But to each his own.

I absolutely do not think McDermott will hesitate moving on from Taylor if he's disappointed in his 2017 season. But it sure doesn't seem like this is the open competition some believed was being advertised.

Some of the comments from the new players suggest this is Taylors team.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaep was in the Super Bowl in 2012. He had a solid year in 2016. I don't know how we project QBs with like qualities? TT is also like Randall Cunningham whose best football was played at the end of his career.

It is not a prudent approach to expect anything other than what we've seen. We don't know if he will be Kaep, Cunningham, RG3 or Russell Wilson (running out of black QBs that I am allowed to compare him to). We shouldn't expect him to be different.

I like that comparison between TT and Cunningham, Randall became a better passer once he could t rely on his legs anymore.

Matt MillerVerified account @nfldraftscout 5m5 minutes ago

More

Myles Garrett listed at No. 6 overall on @NFLPA Rising 50 list. https://www.nflpa.com/players/rising-50-2017 Tyrod at #16

Deshaun Watson - 9

Sam Bradford - 24

Mitch Trubisky - 25

Trevor Siemian - 26

Paxton Lynch - 39

DeShone Kizer - 45

Jimmy Garoppolo - 50

Make of that what you will

Of course things aren't what they seem to be when it fits you're narrative.

If McD would have gave a halfhearted endorsement though, you would have claimed it meant nothing and was just talk to promote competition and to bring out the best in Tyrod.

You view things in the light that supports what you believe. This is undeniable.

Of course things aren't what they seem to be...?

Here's the exact question AND McDermott's immediate response.

MMQB: Is Buffalos quarterback of the future on the roster now?

McDermott: He is, in Tyrod Taylor.

What kind of twisting am I doing there?

But keep finding a way to personally insult me. You're really showing how much of a winner you are :thumbsup:

But keep finding a way to personally insult me. You're really showing how much of a winner you are :thumbsup:

So you think McDermott is telling the truth Taylor is the future QB but lying about the open competition?

I'm sorry... that's an unreasonable interpretation?

Did you click the link and read that part of the interview?

You explain how you interpreted Beane's inter

I think it's really reaching and I don't think you know what reasonable is because your bias. I think you're a fairly intelligent person but your ability to reason struggles because your biased views.

Doesn't seem like coach speak to me... if anything it seems like Beane almost made him walk back his enthusiasm right after that response and McDermott's response right after that was the diplomatic one.

But to each his own.

I absolutely do not think McDermott will hesitate moving on from Taylor if he's disappointed in his 2017 season. But it sure doesn't seem like this is the open competition some believed was being advertised.

So McD is lying here? Or is a 1 year tryout your definition of "QB of the future?"

He's picking and choosing what to believe is the truth or not to fit his narrative.

McD "there is an open competition". LIE

McD "Taylor is our QB of the future". TRUTH

He also didn't post the entire quote. Especially the part where McD said he didn't know if the QB of the future was on the roster.

But to each his own.

Oh, I wasn't trying to say it will be some big, open competition. I think Tyrod is the starter unless/until someone legitimately Takes the starting job from him. I don't see it being an open competition like in 2015 when TT earned the job. I think Tyrod will run with the 1's.

I was just speaking to that stuff about him saying Tyrod is our QB of the future. I think that is still very much TBD, and I don't think McDermott is settled on him being the Bills QB of the future. I think unless Tyrod unequivocally locks down that starting job and leaves absolutely no doubt that he is the franchise QB of the future, they will be looking hard at drafting a QB high in next year's draft.

Look at it this way Transplant - if he were so sure that Tyrodmis the Bills future QB, then why did they insist on re-negotiating Tyrod's long term deal? You'd think he'd want Tyrod,locked in for 5 years on a very reasonable starter salary. But instead they made it a 2 year prove it deal that kind of bets against Tyrod and allows the Bills to walk away after this season if they really want to.

If he does very well, he will be making more per year then he would have on that long term deal and it will likely end up costing the Bills more than it would have if they just picked up that deal.

So you think McDermott is telling the truth Taylor is the future QB but lying about the open competition?.

Not that Taylor is but that McDermott believes he is...

Tell me... which of those 2 statements do you think are more true?

If you think I believe if Taylor struggles a lot this summer he's still penciled in as the starter, I don't. Others have provided very good explanations for what kind of a competition this will likely be, and it's not as a truly "open" one the way it was between EJ, Tyrod, and Cassel. That I agree with.

I'm human. I'm biased. You clearly are, too. That doesn't mean it blinds me.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

So you think McDermott is telling the truth Taylor is the future QB but lying about the open competition?

I think it's really reaching and I don't think you know what reasonable is because your bias. I think you're a fairly intelligent person but your ability to reason struggles because your biased views.

And we have a winner...

If you think I believe if Taylor struggles a lot this summer he's still penciled in as the starter, I don't. Others have provided very good explanations for what kind of a competition this will likely be, and it's not as a truly "open" one the way it was between EJ, Tyrod, and Cassel. That I agree with.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193703-tyrod-will-not-be-handed-starting-job/?p=4380461

Looks like the only one dishing out personal insults here is you, my friend.

You are outing yourself more and more over the course of this thread.

And I, for one appreciate you doing so.

Okay then....you believe McDermott isn't telling the truth about the competition.

There is bias and then there are extreme bias....you're the latter.

Looks like the only one dishing out personal insults here is you, my friend.

You are outing yourself more and more over the course of this thread.

And I, for one appreciate you doing so.

I respect Teefle and Bang, but you-the guy who claimed he could have thrown the ball and Watkins would have had the same numbers in 2015-you are as biased as biased can be. Let me know how the QB tryout goes.

I keep going back to when McD said the #2 WR was on the roster.

Then he traded up for Zay Jones.

None of these quotes mean anything until they suit up and we are all overanalyzing. Myself included because it's what I do.

Jmo!

Edited by YoloinOhio