When Will You Be Done?

Gugny

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very interesting. I get the fan devotion but I wonder how many of you would return to a business (restaurant, bar, etc) once let alone year after year that provided a sub par and disappointing product/service?

Buffalo Bills.....The United Airlines of sports franchises. :lol:

Lighten up, Francis, it's just a game.

I think there are some who are pure haters.

I'm in the "frustrated and losing patience" camp, myself.

What frosts my ass the most is the "moral victory" crowd. Those who are !@#$ing happy with a 7-9 or an 8-8 season .... AFTER going 9-7 three years ago with a far less-talented team.

Or those COT parishioners who only blame the Defense. The whole !@#$ing team sucked. Not just the defense.

And I'm tired about hearing how we scored 26 pts. a game and had the 7th best offense. Give me a !@#$ing break. Score some points when we need them to win a game and then I'll be impressed.

I do see positives. The O Line was great, IMO. The receivers last year - great. They did their jobs. They were open A LOT in EVERY GAME. Obviously, Shady and TD Mike.

But ... Woods is gone, TD Mike is gone, Goodwin is gone, Hunter is gone. Defense - Williams, Graham, Meeks, Gilmore, Robey, Brown - gone.

And people think after all of those departures ... and the addition of a rookie HC .... that we'll be better???

That makes no sense to me.

That's not negative. It's not hatred. It's frustration and it's a real look at a team's status going into a very difficult schedule.

Go Bills!

These 2 posts together make me smile.

I'll never quit on the Bills. Mainly because I have already quit caring win or lose. I used to die with every loss. After the Falcons debacle in Toronto where Chandler and Stevie fumbled away the win I was fuming. My wife rolled her eyes and told me I had a half hour to get over it. Having a kid put a lot of it in perspective as well. I have no control over it so I can't let it have control over me. The games are so much more enjoyable now. I still live and die a little but I move on from the losses immediately. Now the Bills are an excuse to get together with friends I don't see as often as I should and drink beer way earlier than I should. I get 16 Bills games a year and don't miss a minute of them and haven't for a long time. If they ever get good again I will be very happy until then they are a welcome distraction.

Edited by section122

I'd be done with the NFL product if the Buffalo Bills were no longer a franchise.

Outside of the Bills, my interest in NFL football has diminished from where it used to be. I'm bored with the product.

This is very interesting. I get the fan devotion but I wonder how many of you would return to a business (restaurant, bar, etc) once let alone year after year that provided a sub par and disappointing product/service?

Buffalo Bills.....The United Airlines of sports franchises. :lol:

We all do it, chief. Can't eat at the French Laundry every night.

Like many others, I'm only done if/when the Bills leave WNY. I'll be done with the NFL too, no real sense in watching anymore, for me, if the Bills aren't around.

Like many others, I'm only done if/when the Bills leave WNY. I'll be done with the NFL too, no real sense in watching anymore, for me, if the Bills aren't around.

I don't think I'd adopt another "favorite" team if the Bills were to go away.

But I'd keep watching football. If the game wasn't good, I'd just stop watching. The Bills are the only bad football I watch now. But I love to see good football, regardless who the teams are.

We all do it, chief. Can't eat at the French Laundry every night.

I'm not talking French Laundry type food/service. I just don't want them to spill my drink in my lap 10 out of the 16 times I dine someplace. :D

Become a pats fan Lol

So how many bottles have you had so far today?

EDIT: Wait...this is a great idea. We should ALL become Pats fans. They they will suck and the Bills will be great again. To coin a phrase from George Castanza, it's not them, it's us.

Edited by Chef Jim

I'm not talking French Laundry type food/service. I just don't want them to spill my drink in my lap 10 out of the 16 times I dine someplace. :D

Imagine waiting 17 years for dessert. I think you're right, actually. The Bills would be a terrible restaurant.

Take away the commercials, and it's no longer 3 hours.

And they have changed the game to get in more commercials. You really think instant replay was added to make the game better? How many times have you yelled at the TV when they go to a crucial replay and they cut to commercials instead of showing us the replays.

I don't think I'd adopt another "favorite" team if the Bills were to go away.

But I'd keep watching football. If the game wasn't good, I'd just stop watching. The Bills are the only bad football I watch now. But I love to see good football, regardless who the teams are.

I'll be honest - even this year's playoffs bored the hell out of me. NFL football just seems sterile now, for the most part.

I love watching college football though, so I'll have that.