Bills leaning toward not picking Sammys 5th year option.

MAJBobby

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's a stupid move but i'm not about to break the cows back to keep him.

We already broke one cow's back to draft him. When you do that you better be willing to break another cow's back to extend him beyond his rookie contract. Five years isn't enough time to show what a reciever will become.

We already broke one cow's back to draft him. When you do that you better be willing to break another cow's back to extend him beyond his rookie contract. Five years isn't enough time to show what a reciever will become.

when you break the cows back you get a lot of steak.

if we do not re-sign watkins we will be able to move on and potentially much bigger and better things.

I agree that it's a mistake not to pick up 5th year.

Julio Jones was unhealthy early on too.. look how that turned out.

Recievers often take time to develop. You don't make that crazy trade if you're not going to commit to him four years later.

when you break the cows back you get a lot of steak.

if we do not re-sign watkins we will be able to move on and potentially much bigger and better things.

So you thought the trade was a bad one to begin with? We could have already had our steak if we didn't make the Sammy trade. We made the trade because we thought we were getting a premium cut. You don't find that everyday. Elite recievers don't grow on trees. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Recievers often take time to develop. You don't make that crazy trade if you're not going to commit to him four years later.

So you thought the trade was a bad one to begin with?

yes. too much for a player that is not a once in a generation (of nfl players careers = 6-8 years)

watkins likely plays 8-9 years. i think he'll do similar to lee evans by the time he's done.

julio jones might be one of the only wr's i'd have traded up for like we did for watkins.

yes. too much for a player that is not a once in a generation (of nfl players careers = 6-8 years)

watkins likely plays 8-9 years. i think he'll do similar to lee evans by the time he's done.

julio jones might be one of the only wr's i'd have traded up for like we did for watkins.

Fair enough. If you didn't like the trade to begin with it's fair to agree with declining the option. People who liked the trade would be hypocritical to favor decling the option now. Whaley obviously like the trade, he's the guy who made it. That is the part I don't understand about this. What does this say about Whaley?

Lee Evans. This guy is funny.

Glad we used two 1st round picks to get a guy, we are letting walk after 4 years

That's how I feel. It doesn't matter that McD is running the show. You don't just cast aside someone the franchise invested so heavily in. Even a new regime should be able to understand how much was given up to get him. They wouldn't have to agree with the original trade, but you stick with a guy the franchise you work for gave up so much to get. Somewhere Belichick is smiling anxiously awaiting Watkins to become free agent.

How does Whaley still have his job?

This is all McD.

Lee Evans. This guy is funny.

time will tell, and hopefully you're the one laughing

Fair enough. If you didn't like the trade to begin with it's fair to agree with declining the option. People who liked the trade would be hypocritical to favor decling the option now. Whaley obviously like the trade, he's the guy who made it. That is the part I don't understand about this. What does this say about Whaley?

i don't agree with declining the option. i am indifferent and do not usually do that; there are strong poitns to either side.

being against the trade up doesn't mean i'm against sammy automatically, etc.

if whaley is gone next week than watkins situation changes entirely.

i don't agree with declining the option. i am indifferent and do not usually do that; there are strong poitns to either side.

being against the trade up doesn't mean i'm against sammy automatically, etc.

if whaley is gone next week than watkins situation changes entirely.

To me its been pretty obvious Sammy's "head" has as much to do with his troubles on this team as anything else.

Are you not reading between the lines?

Bit of a stretch. Why do you think this? Sammy hasn't really done anything that would indicate that he's a head case. He's just hurt. It sucks. He's been a professional that makes plays when healthy.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

What a dumb move. Yes Sammy needs to prove he can stay healthy TO JUSTIFY A LONG TERM CONTRACT not for us to decide to keep him one more year. Dumb dumb dumb. People keep loving McDermott but IDk I'm still not sold. I truly hope I'm wrong but right now he seems like a cocky rookie acting like he's the smartest guy in the room and we're all buying into it because it's different. I hope I'm wrong but for now I'm just not feeling it.

This is dumb.

What is dumb is spending so much on WRs when we don't have a QB that can throw to them. The Bills will once again have WR injuries because our WRs don't catch balls they block for our running QB. Sammy will go to a team with a good QB and stay healthy to become the best in the league. Just like Woods he will also stay healthy and look very good this year catching balls over being a run blocker just like Hogan did. Spending on WRs here is a waste of draft picks and money with a QB like ours.

Show Sammy he's wanted in Buffalo!! We want him in Red White and Blue for the next 10 years🇺🇸

I love Sammy enough to let him get out of here so he can be a true WR not a run blocker for our QB.

What is dumb is spending so much on WRs when we don't have a QB that can throw to them. The Bills will once again have WR injuries because our WRs don't catch balls they block for our running QB. Sammy will go to a team with a good QB and stay healthy to become the best in the league. Just like Woods he will also stay healthy and look very good this year catching balls over being a run blocker just like Hogan did. Spending on WRs here is a waste of draft picks and money with a QB like ours.

I love Sammy enough to let him get out of here so he can be a true WR not a run blocker for our QB.

Hilarious!

Glad we used two 1st round picks to get a guy, we are letting walk after 4 years

except we are not.....friggen keep up or stfu

crusade.....

crusade......

crusade..........

In what universe? Nothing he ever said about EJ was correct. Literally nothing.

Leroi is pretty good on draft stuff......but not much else