Bills leaning toward not picking Sammys 5th year option.

MAJBobby

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very tough call. I'd lean towards the option but I don't know what the docs know. It would be a rational choice either way. If you don't pick up the option then see how he plays and if he does well negotiate a big deal during next season.

Yeah they can't really say much after that....... but this was Rex talking about the initial injury soon after it happened.

Watkins is an action figure on the hoof.......the guy works out hard........but working hard and working smart are, of course, not the same thing.

He wouldn't be the first player to tear himself up physically by making dumb decisions to overwork his body.

I think we are seeing some of this with the Alabama players coming out........they are entering the league with NFL wear and tear from overwork in the weight room.

There is much to be said for putting in active recovery time........like the cold tub in Taylor's case....and incorporating low impact training.....which I think is Sammy's issue.

It's the boring part.....like stretching.....that people assume that NFL players properly do but often don't......,as proven during certain Bills coaching regimes where specific injuries like hamstrings or groin injuries are rampant and recurring.

I think one thing fans forget is that these are young men living in the moment. To a fan, that player missing a couple games is cataclysmic........to a good, established player that is in no danger of losing his job....... it can be no different than missing a day of work for the average Joe.......if it doesn't affect the future paycheck it often doesn't matter that much.

The attached link supports your point about how players should train. Tom Brady's training regimen demonstrates how differently some players are training compared to the standard weight lifting routines. It is a more total fitness approach that goes beyond strength training to diet, flexibility and core muscles. Slowly but steadily athletes are becoming much more scientific about how they workout to prepare and maintain health.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2017/02/why_dont_nfl_players_copy_tom.html

Is the option guaranteed immediately or not until next March? In other words, can they cut Sammy prior to March and not be on the hook for the option