2017 NFL Draft: Round 2 & 3 Discussion

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately he is not a Woods clone. Woods is better overall, Jones has better hands. Jones is more like a smaller Marques Colston.

as i mentioned, i really haven't seen him play live, but how is woods better overall? it's not like his production here was stellar, (and i understand that the qbs were a huge part of that). we likely don't know exactly who woods even is at this point in terms of a true wr.

This is exactly how I feel, I doubt White will be a better player than Gilmore and I highly doubt Jones will be better than Woods. This is the definition of spinning your wheels.

Exactly.

Anytime you just look at your holes and try to plug them you're moving backwards. Very rarely are the rookies you add better than the guys you lost.

Not good asset management. Godwin still on the board.

I do think there is some truth to this. I had Jones higher than Godwin but I have Zay, Godwin, Schuster and Ford all pretty close together, so yes they got the best one left on the board but the differences between those 4 are not worth trading up for in my opinion.

I don't see how you can look at this roster and argue they're any better than last year.

Replacing established vets with rookies is never an even swap.

The Bills are just plugging holes rather than looking at the big picture and trying to figure out who is going to help us the most in 5 years.

Why can't it be both? Can we not plug holes with players who also mesh well with what we want to do long term?

Bills have a coach drafting to fill needs. This is what happens.

Are you sure it's the coach? It reminds me an awful lot of someone else? Trading up for Zay... Trading up for Rags...

Board shakes out nice but can't remain patient. Just like some drunkard drafting his fantasy team.

I like White. I like Zay. I don't like losing picks when the board is fine.

I do think there is some truth to this. I had Jones higher than Godwin but I have Zay, Godwin, Schuster and Ford all pretty close together, so yes they got the best one left on the board but the differences between those 4 are not worth trading up for in my opinion.

THIS is a reasonable comment. (Not just pure outrage and hatred, but an intelligent thought.)

The Bills draft, and offseason, don't appear to make much sense.

Lose Gilmore - draft White in the 1st round

Lose Woods - draft Jones in the 2nd round

We're just spinning our tires in the mud.

The same thing crossed my mind. Progress?

The Bills saved money, but did they get any better?

The fact that Whaley put them in salary cap hell had a lot to do with some key decisions. What next? Draft a RB to replace Gillislie?