2017 NFL Draft: Round 2 & 3 Discussion

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I don't think they want to be bad, I just don't think they're going to be very good.

We have no depth. When we lose 5-6 starters like we do every year, we're going to have 5-6 gaping holes on the field.

I don't think we are going to be very good next year. But based on this draft, I think McD is drafting to compete right now. His CB and WR were very productive and experienced seniors. The OL was also a senior.

I would have used this year to rebuild, I don't think that is McD's plan. I'm not a huge fan of our strategy but it'll certainly be interesting to see the product this year.

@4tommartin

McDermott characterizes decisions to trade: If our player was there, we were going to do something. We werent going to sit."

I like the aggressive but not reckless attitude. Whaley is not running this draft. Got three guys who can start now.

because that's his schtick. jrober gonna jrober.

Yup. Every year I'm critical of the Bills and every year they fail to make the playoffs.

This team has never valued its depth. Year after year we ignore our key backups and every year our season goes off the rails due to injuries or suspensions.

We just dumped two head coaches with 3 years on their contracts, they aren't worried about money. Also tt took a pay cut.

I think it is plausible they might end up tanking, but if they do it will be because the first half of the season became a train wreck even though they were trying to win. If they only have 2 wins after 8 games, I can see them throwing in a backup QB and taking the lumps for the top draft pick. But I think they will be too good to end up in that position, even against great competition. We shall see.

Edited by PolishDave

I don't think we are going to be very good next year. But based on this draft, I think McD is drafting to compete right now. His CB and WR were very productive and experienced seniors. The OL was also a senior.

I would have used this year to rebuild, I don't think that is McD's plan. I'm not a huge fan of our strategy but it'll certainly be interesting to see the product this year.

Also true. They would be drafting BPA instead of biggest needs if they were intentionally tanking.

Edited by PolishDave

Exactly!!!!

Every year the fans assume our top 3 picks will start, yet that's never how it plays out.

A bit different in that they got a first rounder and traded up for two of their picks which would mean they got exactly who they were targeting.

Exactly!!!!

Every year the fans assume our top 3 picks will start, yet that's never how it plays out.

Says the guy who was hoping to get a draft class of 10 contributors? You're assuming we could have hit on literally all of our picks..

I think it is plausible they might end up tanking, but if they do it will be because the first half of the season became a train wreck even though they were trying to win. If they only have 2 wins after 8 games, I can see them throwing in a backup QB and taking the lumps for the top draft pick. But I think they will be too good to end up in that position, even against great competition. We shall see.

I agree, just having a little fun with the idea. If we do stink we better stay that way for the year.

Sounds similar to what I heard last season about Shaq, Reggie, and Adolphus. Not much different. :lol:

That was Whaley's draft. These guys will be physically and mentally ready to go. Shaq and Reggie will be better now that they are healthy. Washington was a depth/rotation guy.