Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Opinions on Jackson appear to be all over the map.  His arm is plenty strong.  I think he might be a "smart" Mike Vick.  Some folks are dead set against a running qb, though.

Anyway, not my first choice, but I would definitely consider him.  I think he will be there without trading up, but he'll be a first rounder imo.

I frown on the Vick comparisons. How about a "smarter" Randall Cunningham. Cunningham was a mobile, pocket passer. Who knows, with a little more grooming he has the ability to be another Warren Moon who was very mobile early in his years in Canada. His upside and potential is through the roof. I'd like to be a fly in the room while he is being interviewed by NFL personnel.

Wish he could play in Senior Bowl. Is he eligible for the East West Shrine Game?

15 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I will end the conversation here because you keep bringing up stats and disregarding any other factors that go into an incomplete pass.  Players drop passes, players run the wrong routes, Allen ran for his life in a lot of the games this year and had to throw under immense pressure or throw it away.  Those add up. The lack of talent around him has deflated his numbers. Watch more of his games and you will see that. I like the fact that his coach is the same one that coached with Carson Wentz.  He's seen both play and compares the two.  I take his opinion as he has had first hand experience coaching both.  I think Allen will be a better pro if given time and coached properly.  We will find out a lot more over the next few months.  Can't wait, I'm excited.

Cheers buddy. And for the record, I'm not necessarily against Allen, I just want to see how the process plays out. His arm is undeniable, just a few red flags. Now if this guy scored a 40 on the wonderlic and killed it during the interviews, I would be 100% on board with Allen. Once again, I can't think of a prospect with a better arm than Allen, maybe even going back 15 years. Allen would be in the top 5 of all QBs in the NFL as far as arm talent goes, I just want to see how he handles the mental aspects of the game.

14 hours ago, the skycap said:

I frown on the Vick comparisons. How about a "smarter" Randall Cunningham. Cunningham was a mobile, pocket passer. Who knows, with a little more grooming he has the ability to be another Warren Moon who was very mobile early in his years in Canada. His upside and potential is through the roof. I'd like to be a fly in the room while he is being interviewed by NFL personnel.

Wish he could play in Senior Bowl. Is he eligible for the East West Shrine Game?

I don't see Jackson listed as one of the qbs invited to play.  I am unsure what their eligibility criteria is.  

As per Vick, I live in Atlanta and saw him play a lot in his prime.  He had a cannon for an arm, just flicked a ball with velocity.  Jackson does remind me of him, though I don't see any character concerns with Jackson.  Some scouts seem to doubt Jackson is an NFL qb, but he sure appears to have a lot of talent to just dismiss as a prospect.

On 12/22/2017 at 9:35 PM, Buffalo30 said:

How did you not see translatable traits in today's game?  His first touchdown was a bullet over the middle on a deep slant.  His second touchdown, he threw a very accurate pass while on the run after avoiding pass rushers.  His third touchdown, he threw a perfect deep ball to a wide receiver in stride.  How were those throws not translatable?  We don't have a guy that can do that now.  His deep middle slant throw was a big time NFL throw.  None of the other QBs in this draft class could make that pass with that type of zip.  His potential is so high.  He needs time to be groomed behind a vet.  I hope we will be patient as a franchise if we get him.  

He has taken snaps from under center.  His coach is the same coach that was with Carson Wentz and he has talked about both being in the same light.  He didn't throw that many passes today and still had some outstanding passes.  If he gets coached well, someone will get him playing at that high level on a more consistent basis and I hope it is us.  

He had more talent around him last year and everyone who scouts him and talks about him knows that.  He is playing with garbage players.  Don't look at the numbers, look at the potential in his ability.  

I gave him the positives that I saw.  He's a physically imposing QB.  He has a big arm.  I've seen  quite a few of his games.  He's just very RAW and that's not something I want for the Bills.

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I gave him the positives that I saw.  He's a physically imposing QB.  He has a big arm.  I've seen  quite a few of his games.  He's just very RAW and that's not something I want for the Bills.

Gotcha.  I mentioned before I didn't think Bills fans would be patient enough with him and neither would the coaching staff.

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wonder if the advisory board takes the rest of the class at that position into consideration. There’s what, 7-8 other qb’s who could go in the first two rounds (Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph/Falk/Finley). 

Again, I’m not sure, just asking. 

Just now, Dkollidas said:

I wonder if the advisory board takes the rest of the class at that position into consideration. There’s what, 7-8 other qb’s who could go in the first two rounds (Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph/Falk/Finley). 

Again, I’m not sure, just asking. 

I think they just assign a grade based on the individual player irrespective of any other prospect. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think they just assign a grade based on the individual player irrespective of any other prospect. 

Probably correct. I’ll admit I’m hoping he’ll come out. Just to add another name to the mix. This will surely be a fun Draft this year. Lots of quarterbacks likely to go high and we’ve got 4 picks in the first two rounds. 

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

Probably correct. I’ll admit I’m hoping he’ll come out. Just to add another name to the mix. This will surely be a fun Draft this year. Lots of quarterbacks likely to go high and we’ve got 4 picks in the first two rounds. 

Agreed.

The more QBs the better, gives us more options and keeps other teams from taking our guy.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Talk about a high powered diversion strategy.  After all, he's the 7th ranked prospect on their BOARD.    Can you imagine who'll they'll send to see the guys rated higher? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.