Would you want a player w the intensity of the Falcons pick?

I admire his love for the grandma but he seems like he would let his emotions get the best of him. I could see him being a bust. Players prob will mention his grandma to draw a flag.

Why is this guy getting so much crap? Seriously, you guys can't remotely comprehend the work put in, dedication, commitment it took to get to where he is...and then add in the emotions of telling his grandma seconds before she died that he was going to dedicate his life to getting out of the hood through football, a college scholarship, and into the NFL...just to have her pass away to what seems to him with peace over that commitment. Then to actually achieve that...the emotions must have been over whelming...he probably wont hit another emotional moment in his life ever again as meaningful as that draft moment.

Yet I just keep seeing people on here slamming him, telling him to shut up in the shout box, get off the screen just cuz the Bills were on the clock. Some of you have no souls I swear.

Good for him, I hope he goes on to a great career and plays with that passion on the field.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that bothered me is that it dragged out much longer than needed, and of course happened to be before our pick. We had to wait ten extra minutes to see who Buffalo picked because it was the Takk Mckinley show. As someone mentioned above, the result was the Bills draft choice being quickly rushed through, then it is suddenly Dallas's turn.

Seems like ESPN finds a new creative way to make the Bills an afterthought when broadcasting the draft. I am guessing that if New England, Dallas or Green Bay was picking after Atlanta, than it wouldn't have taken as long.

Edited by dgrochester55

The only thing that bothered me is that it dragged out much longer than needed, and of course happened to be before our pick. We had to wait ten extra minutes to see who Buffalo picked because it was the Takk Mckinley show. As someone mentioned above, the result was the Bills draft choice being an afterthought and rushed through, then it is suddenly Dallas's turn.

Seems like ESPN finds a new creative way to make the Bills an afterthought when broadcasting the draft.

You realize the draft isn't about you right? Its about the players being drafted, and that was a big moment. Who cares anyway, as usual people in the Shout Box rudely spoiled the Bills pick long before Takk show.

Are you serious? Geezus...

Yeah, he sounded like a guy who reached the top of the mountain, achieved everything he set out to accomplish. I'd rather the guy say his goal is to win a Super Bowl, or become a starter, or All-Pro.... not just be satisfied to get drafted.

Yeah, he sounded like a guy who reached the top of the mountain, achieved everything he set out to accomplish. I'd rather the guy say his goal is to win a Super Bowl, or become a starter, or All-Pro.... not just be satisfied to get drafted.

That's a lot of assumptions about a guy you don't know.

The only thing that bothered me is that it dragged out much longer than needed, and of course happened to be before our pick. We had to wait ten extra minutes to see who Buffalo picked because it was the Takk Mckinley show. As someone mentioned above, the result was the Bills draft choice being quickly rushed through, then it is suddenly Dallas's turn.

Seems like ESPN finds a new creative way to make the Bills an afterthought when broadcasting the draft. I am guessing that if New England, Dallas or Green Bay was picking after Atlanta, than it wouldn't have taken as long.

Seems like every year something happens when the Bills are on the clock and we get poor analysis/discussion leading up to and after our pick. Granted, this year we were near the end of the evening, so I didn't expect too much.

Why is this guy getting so much crap? Seriously, you guys can't remotely comprehend the work put in, dedication, commitment it took to get to where he is...and then add in the emotions of telling his grandma seconds before she died that he was going to dedicate his life to getting out of the hood through football, a college scholarship, and into the NFL...just to have her pass away to what seems to him with peace over that commitment. Then to actually achieve that...the emotions must have been over whelming...he probably wont hit another emotional moment in his life ever again as meaningful as that draft moment.

Yet I just keep seeing people on here slamming him, telling him to shut up in the shout box, get off the screen just cuz the Bills were on the clock. Some of you have no souls I swear.

Good for him, I hope he goes on to a great career and plays with that passion on the field.

I have watched several hundred players get drafted, and I have never seen anyone manage to make such an uncomfortable spectacle of himself. I get it, these guys are young, arent choir boys, and it is an incomprehensible, huge emotional moment for various reasons.... but you would think this guy could honor his moment, and give him, his family, and his grandma more dignity than to act like he was in a boxing entourage.

I dont wish him any ill will or anything, I hope he does well.

Dude are you serious man? Someone pee in your cheerios this morning? So because a guy reached his childhood goal and promise to his grandma he now has no other goals to set or in mind? Man, this series of posts about him is just absurd.

I have watched several hundred players get drafted, and I have never seen anyone manage to make such an uncomfortable spectacle of himself. I get it, these guys are young, arent choir boys, and it is an incomprehensible, huge emotional moment for various reasons.... but you would think this guy could honor his moment, and give him, his family, and his grandma more dignity than to act like he was in a boxing entourage.

I dont wish him any ill will or anything, I hope he does well.

I have also never seen a guy get drafted who told his grandma on her deathbed 30 seconds before she died he was going to get a college scholarship, get out of the hood, makes something of his life and get drafted in the NFL and then have it come true.

I was 18 years old when my father was murdered, and there have been moments in my life where I was overcome with emotion from things I achieved through values and motivation he instilled in me. And none of that compares to this kids story. So maybe I can relate which is why I get it...but lets be real, most of the hate is coming from the people on this board because it interfered with their beloved Bills pick. If this happened 10 picks before or after our, there wouldn't be a single thread on this board about it.

I have also never seen a guy get drafted who told his grandma on her deathbed 30 seconds before she died he was going to get a college scholarship, get out of the hood, makes something of his life and get drafted in the NFL and then have it come true.

I was 18 years old when my father was murdered, and there have been moments in my life where I was overcome with emotion from things I achieved through values and motivation he instilled in me. And none of that compares to this kids story. So maybe I can relate which is why I get it...but lets be real, most of the hate is coming from the people on this board because it interfered with their beloved Bills pick. If this happened 10 picks before or after our, there wouldn't be a single thread on this board about it.

lol, I dont care about the 'air-time' interference.... I'm used to the customary commercial break as the Bills pick anyways

WWE future star

Funny you say that. McKinley talked about how he and his grandma would watch wrestling together and Booker T was his favorite wrestler.

I think the kid will do just fine. He will experience some rookie growing pains. I am sure a few O- Linemen will straighten him out in camp. Quinn loves guys like this. I think McKinley fits the high tempo athletic guy the Falcons want on D.

You realize the draft isn't about you right? Its about the players being drafted, and that was a big moment. Who cares anyway, as usual people in the Shout Box rudely spoiled the Bills pick long before Takk show.

Based on your last post, I can understand your response to mine. Sorry that you went through that. It was touching that he came up there with the picture of his grandmother, and I do understand that when someone goes through something rough, emotions can get the best of them.

The first part was touching, but I thought that it had dragged out after, Take away the factor that I was waiting for the Bills, It would have seemed long regardless of the next team. I've never seen something similar to that during the draft.

No hard feelings.