RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

Look I want saying he is incapable of playing cb, I wasinfering that maybe he isnt as good as his stats state because well he had the best safety in college football covering his back. Kind if like our dline a few years ago awesome when playing together but you put another player next to them and well not so much.

Would this also apply if they selected Lattimore, who has Hooker behind him?

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In White’s senior season he was the most difficult cornerback to pass against. According to ProFootballFocus he allowed only 41.7 percent of his targets to be completed and he led the nation with a 90.5 overall grade.

Man, what a bum!

Edited by Domdab99

You are right I bow to your smartness he didnt have the best safety in football to back him up and he wasnt giving it his all against the highly scouted by every team in the league senior bowl practices.

4 year starter. So was that best safety in the Nation back him up all 4 years?

Come on, what a crock of crap. Then say that about EVERY prospect on this draft. You think every one of the players didn't play with other talented people on the roster around them? To act like White had success because Adams bailed him out is absurd. The kid can ball.

#truth, watch White vs. Amari Cooper a couple years ago (2014 I believe), White mirrored him all over the field and did an excellent job in tight man coverage. They left him on an island 1v1 vs a top 10 WR and he won more often than not, "the kid can ball" agreed #watchthetape...

4 year starter. So was that best safety in the Nation back him up all 4 years?

Like I said im not willing to say this kid is gonna be anything special until i see him on an nfl team grinding. So im not applauding the pick. Im going to wait three years before I say hes the best or hes great forgive me if i dont share the same sentiment as you, I JUST FONT SEE IT NOW.

My point exactly! A first round pick should be used on a player that a team can build around and that has the potential to be on your team for 10+ years, vice four or five. Constantly recycling first round draft picks every four to five years has gotten the Bills nowhere except draft in the same spots (on average between 8-13).

Except everything you just said has exactly zero to do with this current team and this Staff. Whining about something happened a decade ago is beyond ridiculous. Winfield and Clements are soooooooooo long ago and have exactly NO relevance on decisions we make today.

Gilmore UNDER played to the contract he got...period. He was NOT worth the money. In place of Gilmore, we added multiple players for his salary, one of the top DB's in this draft, an extra 3rd round pick in a deep draft, and another first next year.

So would you rather have Gilmore...or the bounty of multiple signings (like Hyde) we used the cap room for, White, an extra 3rd, and an extra first round pick? If you say Gilmore you are lying.

Bottom line...letting Gilmore walk was the right choice for the price. Trading down and getting a great prospect at a big hole while picking up extra picks, great move. To piss and moan about it because we didn't pay 2 DBs a decade ago or over pay Gilmore this year is a waste of time.

Like I said im not willing to say this kid is gonna be anything special until i see him on an nfl team grinding. So im not applauding the pick. Im going to wait three years before I say hes the best or hes great forgive me if i dont share the same sentiment as you, I JUST FONT SEE IT NOW.

Wore 18 for 2 years at LSU, high school valedictorian, 1st team All-American, and a 4 year starter at one of the best programs in the country. What is it that doesn't impress you?

Wore 18 for 2 years at LSU, high school valedictorian, 1st team All-American, and a 4 year starter at one of the best programs in the country. What is it that doesn't impress you?

I have already voiced my concerns which have nothing to do with his leadership, smarts, or availability. Hes a decent zone cover corner. He got beat more than I would like to see a corner get beat when playing man and was saved at times by very badly thrown balls. Im not saying hes terrible, but Im not ready to anoint him as anything until I see him play against NFL talent.

Ugh.

I mean, it's solid, but this is one of the deepest CB drafts. of all time.

I mean...was this moving back for? I don't see it.

Agreed. I get the pick but was hoping we'd wait til rd 2-3 for a cb. Would've preferred Foster

another rave:

Most places have Tre’Davious White as a borderline first rounder at this point. If it were up to us, he might not make it out of the top 10. White is the second-highest cornerback on our board, and the No. 12 prospect overall. He is a bit of a one-year wonder, as his 2016 tape far and away trumped the previous two seasons, but it was so good that it’s hard to see him land outside of Round 1. Last year, he allowed 26 of 61 targets for only 302 yards, intercepted two passes, and broke up 12 more.

Edited by Domdab99

Agreed. I get the pick but was hoping we'd wait til rd 2-3 for a cb. Would've preferred Foster

But one of the Best Defenses in the NFL that need a LBer passed on Foster and traded the pick to a division rival.

That shoulder is trashed watch then add the other issues

Adams made him. Thats what

You have a difficult time at comprehending basic sentences. You know thats not what was posted yet you seemingly troll into the night for no reason other than to incite an argument because Im not ready to anoint White the next Revis before I see him play a down of football without the best college safety playing behind him... im done with you.

You have a difficult time at comprehending basic sentences. You know thats not what was posted yet you seemingly troll into the night for no reason other than to incite an argument because Im not ready to anoint White the next Revis before I see him play a down of football without the best college safety playing behind him... im done with you.

Cool hindsight is always easy to use. And i dont think i ever once said anything about anointing him the next Revis. Yep i didnt.

Just said all CB get beat deep occasionally.

Edited by MAJBobby