Is this the most wide open draft in recent memory?

Virgil

In recent memory, I can't think of a draft where I have absolutely no idea what players will be going where. To me, this draft is full of a ton of B+ talent, but no guaranteed superstars. Myles looks to be a lock at #1, but after that.....I got nothing.

The QB's seem to be very hit or miss. I could see none going in the top 10, creating trades in the second half of the draft so that teams can get that 5th year option.

Trades overall I think will be either in abundance or not at all. I think everyone's draft boards will be very different which could leave guys highly rated for one team dropping and creating a trade. On the flip side, there is so much depth that teams will know they will get one of their guys and not waste picks to trade up.

Overall, I'm going to predict 2 qb's in the first round and 3 total first round trades. I just think most teams will want to trade back for more picks, so there won't be enough buyers for the sellers.

Either way, should be fun

Super deep and flat draft. Prospects that usually would be late first to second round picks will span from early first through the top of the fourth. Tons of players that are great fits in certain systems will have much higher value to some teams than others. Add in no slam dunk QB and it's a really fun mess. Teams that really did their homework will be able to work this draft.

Edited by BarleyNY

Its because people are all over the place on these qbs

just so hard to find a good starting qb.....

i am of the opinion that you stick to your board and if there is a QB you like available where you have him graded, take him. I don't like trading a bunch of picks to get one, tanking, etc. Plenty of good starting QBs were taken outside the 1st.

Super deep and flat draft. Prospects that usually would be late first to second round picks will span from early first through the top of the fourth. Tons of players that are great fits in certain systems will have much higher value to some teams than others. Add in no slam dunk QB and it's a really fun mess. Teams that really did their homework will be able to work this draft.

So everyone gets better but us...

omg stfu already.....your schitck is so old

Ive heard people (rightly) criticize the grades Mel and company dole out the day after the draft as grossly premature, but you gotta love someone who rips the team for its draft picks BEFORE the draft...

i am of the opinion that you stick to your board and if there is a QB you like available where you have him graded, take him. I don't like trading a bunch of picks to get one, tanking, etc. Plenty of good starting QBs were taken outside the 1st.

its almost luck honestly getting a good qb Edited by Watkins_deep

its almost luck honestly getting a good qb

Luck is one element. However, you still need to be wise enough to give yourself a chance. The Bills haven't done this. We haven't drafted enough QB's and have also very poor QB selections. Losman and Manuel were both bad picks. Neither should have been a first round QB. You never know what QB's will become great, but reaching for guys like Losman and Manuel is a recipe for failure.

The other factor is so many of the top guys have some sort of "flag". My top 8 is:

1. Garrett (clean)

2. Lattimore (possible medical)

3. Adams (clean)

4. Hooker (possible medical)

5. Davis (medical)

6. Foster (character and possible medical)

7. Allen (medical)

8. Williams (clean)

That is bound to create confusion and in my opinion is as much a reason as his combine numbers that Soloman Thomas (who I have as the 10th best player on my board based on his tape) is a lock in the top 8. He is clean.

So everyone gets better but us...

There is no "us". Just poor,miserable YOU.You need a new hobby. Coming on here and blasting out your unhappiness is a drag. Perhaps a new team,with zero lb'ers & a few extra picks, would make you happier? Just tryin to help,friend

In recent memory, I can't think of a draft where I have absolutely no idea what players will be going where. To me, this draft is full of a ton of B+ talent, but no guaranteed superstars. Myles looks to be a lock at #1, but after that.....I got nothing.

The QB's seem to be very hit or miss. I could see none going in the top 10, creating trades in the second half of the draft so that teams can get that 5th year option.

Trades overall I think will be either in abundance or not at all. I think everyone's draft boards will be very different which could leave guys highly rated for one team dropping and creating a trade. On the flip side, there is so much depth that teams will know they will get one of their guys and not waste picks to trade up.

Overall, I'm going to predict 2 qb's in the first round and 3 total first round trades. I just think most teams will want to trade back for more picks, so there won't be enough buyers for the sellers.

Either way, should be fun

There is a **** ton of defensive talent in this draft, we need to improve the defense badly, so this draft should help us out tremendously but knowing Whaley he will probably go WR like the dumbass that he is.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

This should be the mantra for tonight.

Good Lord - it's finally Tonight!

There is no "us". Just poor,miserable YOU.You need a new hobby. Coming on here and blasting out your unhappiness is a drag. Perhaps a new team,with zero lb'ers & a few extra picks, would make you happier? Just tryin to help,friend

My interpretation of this? Shut up and cheer!

Do you have a Russ Brandon poster in your house?

Like all drafts, nobody has a freaking clue. Ever. In any year.

It's really fun to look at mocks and research players but compare previous year's mocks to actual drafts and the hit rate is laughable.

I would bet that Gunner Bill gets more right than Kiper or McShay.