[closed]Why we may have to draft a QB first round

You have no idea if that's valid. They have certainly done their due diligence on the QBs in this draft. If they think one merits the pick they'll take him. Not because people on a message board think they're decent.

So sit on your hands? Give up on trying to finding a franchise QB.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say we go 7-9 again. Then what do you Do? With no chance at one of those guys. Watson and Tribusky are good prospects.

If they take a QB this year he's not going to start anyway so if they go 7--9 what good did drafting them do? You still have a guy that can' beat your current starter. They also have to beat out T. J. Yates to even have a shot at playing. So I don't follow your logic.

If Bills go 7-9 two years in a row McDermott is fired.

Then we hire a new coach, new schemes. The same people will say we need to get man cover corners now that we have a different defense, thumper LB's, etc

Rinse and Repeat.

The last two Pegula coaches hired got 2 years.

Rex: less than 2 years

Dan Bylsma: 2 years

That's the new pattern.

.......mediocrity breeds contempt......NORTH points to winning and these two were pointing SOUTH ......simple....Pegula likes NORTH...............

What did I just write? If they think a guy merits the 10 pick take him. Did I not just write that?

It is about drafting intelligently. When is the last time reaching for a QB in round one worked? You don't think they're worth it don't bite. Get a guy later, a guy your scouts like but needs seasoning. The kid at Pitt might be an example.

If they take a QB this year he's not going to start anyway so if they go 7--9 what good did drafting them do? You still have a guy that can' beat your current starter. They also have to beat out T. J. Yates to even have a shot at playing. So I don't follow your logic.

Nobody said they would start? They are there if Taylor doesn't improve. Yates is a career backup, don't be surprised if he doesn't make the 53 and Cardale beats him out.

You will not win consistently in this league unless you have a great QB. Taylor could be that guy, you never know. We have to have other options.

Worse thing is Taylor doesn't improve, we pick 10 again next year, miss out on the Big 3. That will set us back another 5 years.

Guest NeckBeard

Me? I'm going to sit on my hands. Like the vast majority here, I am not a decision maker for the Bills. Of course, it would be nice if they draft (a sensible) QB this year.

Dobbs is like Cardale. Watson and Tribusky are 1st round talents, any year. We are not going to get a shot at a "close to sure thing" unless we have a real bad year.

Watson and Tribusky may be first round prospects but they are not top ten prospects. In 2013 they may have been the first QB's selected but even last year they would not have been the first QB's off the board.

If a QB was a sure thing the Bills wouldn't get to draft them. Andrew Luck was the last sure thing. We need to draft a very good QB prospect, not a sure thing.

BTW, none of these WR's, TE's or LB's are sure things either. It's a draft. Not everyone works out. Take a prospect you like with decent floor and high upside.

If we take a QB at 10, we may actually lose more games this year than we expect to. We need an instant starter at 10 in order to compete. LB, WR, CB, S, wherever...we choose a QB at 10 this year, we may actually lose enough games to be in the first 3 picks next year...

Edited by Domdab99

If Sean McDermott doesn't get a QB this year I don't think it can happen at all next year. Bills likely to win 5-7 games this year. McDermott will be on the hot seat knowing Pegulas have cut last two hires after only 2 years. I think we will have to wait for a new GM and coach if it doesn't happen this draft.

no, don't see it that way at all. McD will not be on the hot seat. why would winning 5-7 games (not happening, more like 8-10) be worse than this year in draft position? they would be picking close to the same position and can always move up to get their prospect if they wanted to?

no, you're just blowing this smoke because you want them to pick the kid from texas tech and if they don't, McD will be fired...in your mind

pegula had nothing to do with marrone, he quit, he wasn't cut. pegula did the right thing in firing the ryan boys. McD isn't going anywhere, for at least 3 years, maybe more?

see how I did that, if you didn't know better you would think I was posting fact, not opinion...

*edit: I see you're using a sabres coach as an example of what he would do in football operations. poor example by the way.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

If a QB was a sure thing the Bills wouldn't get to draft them. Andrew Luck was the last sure thing. We need to draft a very good QB prospect, not a sure thing.

BTW, none of these WR's, TE's or LB's are sure things either. It's a draft. Not everyone works out. Take a prospect you like with decent floor and high upside.

Darnold is on Luck/Peyton level coming out of college, we can probably all agree. Rosen and Allen are on a Mariota/Wentz level. We have no shot at any of them unless we really blow up.

If Sean McDermott doesn't get a QB this year I don't think it can happen at all next year. Bills likely to win 5-7 games this year. McDermott will be on the hot seat knowing Pegulas have cut last two hires after only 2 years. I think we will have to wait for a new GM and coach if it doesn't happen this draft.

...what a crock of horses&^it.....and you know this how?.....because Marrone bolted and Wrecks was a ticket selling hire orchestrated by Brandon?......Pegula offered Marrone a 4 year extension at $19.6 mil and he ran with his $4 mil instead....so that's Pegula's fault?......try facts for a change instead of unfounded yapping...........

Another rehash of taking a QB in round 1

bud 420 is the king of trolling--a new master! got a bunch of fish on the hook posting the same comments posted in half a dozen other threads on the same topic.

I tip my hat...