[closed]Why we may have to draft a QB first round

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody said they would start? They are there if Taylor doesn't improve. Yates is a career backup, don't be surprised if he doesn't make the 53 and Cardale beats him out.

You will not win consistently in this league unless you have a great QB. Taylor could be that guy, you never know. We have to have other options.

Worse thing is Taylor doesn't improve, we pick 10 again next year, miss out on the Big 3. That will set us back another 5 years.

Taylor and Yates have NFL experience. Jones is their project. A rookie would have to beat at least two of them out. More likely Jones would hit the PS if the rookie show more. Again, I don't see it happening so their value to the team this year is nothing for a first round pick. Your going to pass up a guy that would have a better chance of playing this season for that.

If a QB was a sure thing the Bills wouldn't get to draft them. Andrew Luck was the last sure thing. We need to draft a very good QB prospect, not a sure thing.

BTW, none of these WR's, TE's or LB's are sure things either. It's a draft. Not everyone works out. Take a prospect you like with decent floor and high upside.

That would be guys like

OJ Howard

Corey Davis

Mike Williams

Taylor and Yates have NFL experience. Jones is their project. A rookie would have to beat at least two of them out. More likely Jones would hit the PS if the rookie show more. Again, I don't see it happening so their value to the team this year is nothing for a first round pick. Your going to pass up a guy that would have a better chance of playing this season for that.

You have to think of the future. We have been stuck with little options at QB for a long time. The main reason for the playoff drought.

Edited by BuffaloBud420

If a QB was a sure thing the Bills wouldn't get to draft them. Andrew Luck was the last sure thing. We need to draft a very good QB prospect, not a sure thing.

BTW, none of these WR's, TE's or LB's are sure things either. It's a draft. Not everyone works out. Take a prospect you like with decent floor and high upside.

if you draft a QB high and he busts, it set you team back years, not so much with a LB, DE or WR

bud 420 is the king of trolling--a new master! got a bunch of fish on the hook posting the same comments posted in half a dozen other threads on the same topic.

I tip my hat...

very light on why we have to take a QB Just another poster who wants a QB taken at 1 Edited by mead107

...need some help from the collegiate gurus as I don't get to see college ball...how does the 2013 QB class compare when Bflo felt compelled to take one in the 1st versus the 2017 class when the debate rages on as to what to do in the 1st??..........

You have to think of the future. We have been stuck with little options at QB for a long time. The main reason for the playoff drought.

Constant coaching changes had more to do with the playoff drought than the QB situation. New systems, new coordinators and player turn over keep killing this team.

That would be guys like

OJ Howard

Corey Davis

Mike Williams

And none of those guys are sure things. They are nice prospects.

if you draft a QB high and he busts, it set you team back years, not so much with a LB, DE or WR

No, it doesn't. One bad 1st round pick doesn't set you back anymore on QB than on LB. This is 2017, the contracts are no big deal for rookies.

...need some help from the collegiate gurus as I don't get to see college ball...how does the 2013 QB class compare when Bflo felt compelled to take one in the 1st versus the 2017 class when the debate rages on as to what to do in the 1st??..........

they're all projects, none are worth a top 10 pick, and even debatable if they're worth a first Rd pick

If Sean McDermott doesn't get a QB this year I don't think it can happen at all next year. Bills likely to win 5-7 games this year. McDermott will be on the hot seat knowing Pegulas have cut last two hires after only 2 years. I think we will have to wait for a new GM and coach if it doesn't happen this draft.

I think you have no clue.

And none of those guys are sure things. They are nice prospects.

No, it doesn't. One bad 1st round pick doesn't set you back anymore on QB than on LB. This is 2017, the contracts are no big deal for rookies.

really?? RG3, Jake Locker, Blaine ​Gabbert, EJ their teams got set back, and those are just a small sample