Andy Benoit on Bills and draft

I dont think I agree with this

I mean....he needs to show it but Shaq was one of the top edges coming out of last years draft....You are in essence putting a Mario Willams (type) on the field across from Hughes.....a guy that is also a run stopper and can even slip inside on some plays.

This is not counting anything we do in the draft or Lorax

Shaq Lawson is to Mario as Rosie O is to Jennifer Lawrence.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hardly ignored the fact we should look at someone like Barnett.

I also would look at him.

Here is my late pass rush option, Daeshon Hall. He was on the other side of Myles Garrett and many people I have talked to really liked his skill set. He could be had later in the draft in 4th or 5th round.

While Garrett rightfully receives most of the attention for the Aggies' pass rush, Hall shouldn't be overlooked at left defensive end. After serving as a reserve his first two seasons at Texas A&M, he had a breakout junior season with 14.5 tackles for loss, 7.0 sacks and two forced fumbles over 13 starts. Hall chose to return to College Station for his senior season in 2016 where he and Garrett should again form arguably the most lethal pass rush combo in college football.

Hall looks the part with a tall, long-armed body type with room to add more muscle to his frame. He generates momentum off his initial quickness, winning the corner with accelerating arc speed and arriving with violence. Hall uses agile feet and active hands to rip and swim past bodies and doesn't appear deterred by chip blocks. He tends to pop upright at the point of attack and needs to play more composed, losing control and failing to break down. Hall might not have the same type of ceiling as Garrett, but he has an appealing skill-set that NFL teams will want to groom.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/top-25-nfl-draft-rankings-no-6-texas-a-m-boasts-drafts-best-non-qb/

I also would look at him.

Here is my late pass rush option, Daeshon Hall. He was on the other side of Myles Garrett and many people I have talked to really liked his skill set. He could be had later in the draft in 4th or 5th round.

While Garrett rightfully receives most of the attention for the Aggies' pass rush, Hall shouldn't be overlooked at left defensive end. After serving as a reserve his first two seasons at Texas A&M, he had a breakout junior season with 14.5 tackles for loss, 7.0 sacks and two forced fumbles over 13 starts. Hall chose to return to College Station for his senior season in 2016 where he and Garrett should again form arguably the most lethal pass rush combo in college football.

Hall looks the part with a tall, long-armed body type with room to add more muscle to his frame. He generates momentum off his initial quickness, winning the corner with accelerating arc speed and arriving with violence. Hall uses agile feet and active hands to rip and swim past bodies and doesn't appear deterred by chip blocks. He tends to pop upright at the point of attack and needs to play more composed, losing control and failing to break down. Hall might not have the same type of ceiling as Garrett, but he has an appealing skill-set that NFL teams will want to groom.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/top-25-nfl-draft-rankings-no-6-texas-a-m-boasts-drafts-best-non-qb/

In a way like Manny Lawson was to Mario Williams.

He just added:

@andy_benoit

Shaq Lawson will have to rely on motor and technique to thrive in NFL. Could he become a nickel DT?

He already knows this after watching the kid play in 11 NFL games?!

I wonder what he would have said about Jerry Hughes after watching him play in HIS first 11 NFL games?

I wonder what he would have said about Jerry Hughes after watching him play in HIS first 11 NFL games?

Benoit is not the first to say this. Some on this board who watch a lot of college football were saying the same last year right after we drafted him. I didn't want to believe them, but they appear to have been right. A non-twitchy leaner was the view among some here.

Not only that but he was a shell of himself for those 11 games

Rehabbing a surgery is not the same training as preparing for an NFL season........I truly believe that the Shaq Lawson we saw last year (who was not horrible by the way) is not the Shaq Lawson we will see this year with a full offseason conditioning program and camp.

I'm all for Davis, Williams, or Howard but if Foster is at 10, how can you pass on him? But if he is not, then one of the aforementioned three prospects would make me happy.

Howard would make our RT better which is the weak link on the O-line. His ability to block and having the willingness to do so. That's hard to pass up but at 10 it's one pick people would feel better with dropping back a few positions and getting some compensation to be considered not a "reach". IT's been noted that it takes a few years for a tight end to find himself within the NFL, the lions are finally starting to see what they have in Eric Ebron.

Davis, as we know is the most NFL ready WR in the draft. Williams, the physical freak with his 50/50 skills which is appealing.

The failed drug test is a red flag, for one.

And the defense:

@andy_benoit

McDermotts scheme requires front 7 talent, not great CB. So Gilmore allowed to leave. (Same as Norman leaving McDermotts Panthers last yr)

#Bills only have one true edge-bender in their pass rush: Jerry Hughes. Thats a problem.

Shaq Lawson will have to rely on motor and technique to thrive in NFL. Could he become a nickel DT?

I had to laugh at that. That sounds like a horrible idea.

I do think he's undervaluing Lawson. Hughes is likely going to be the big sack generator, but there is immense value to being able to seal off the run, especially when you have Dareus and Kyle as interior penetrators.

The failed drug test is a red flag, for one.

I had to laugh at that. That sounds like a horrible idea.

I do think he's undervaluing Lawson. Hughes is likely going to be the big sack generator, but there is immense value to being able to seal off the run, especially when you have Dareus and Kyle as interior penetrators.

Shaq was the only edge "force player" last year.

http://playmakermentality.com/2016-force-players

@andy_benoit

#Bills biggest draft need is as obvious as any teams biggest draft need: cornerback.