Brandt:. "Three 1st Round QB locks".

PIZ

Exactly. How can you not draft a QB when you have desperately needed one for 20 years and look yourself in the mirror? I guess you just pray that they all suck so that you don't look like a jackass.

Take a chance and grab one if you ever want to win a championship.

Why the panic?? The Bills' QB situation is the best it's been in decades. They have a top 20 starter who has started less than 30 NFL games, and a second year guy with huge upside. There is no urgent need to take a QB in the draft this year, especially in the first two rounds, and especially with no sure fire guy available. Taking someone like Dobbs or Kelly in round 5 makes far more sense for this team.

Why the panic?? The Bills' QB situation is the best it's been in decades. They have a top 20 starter who has started less than 30 NFL games, and a second year guy with huge upside. There is no urgent need to take a QB in the draft this year, especially in the first two rounds, and especially with no sure fire guy available. Taking someone like Dobbs or Kelly in round 5 makes far more sense for this team.

John Murphy, is that you?

I think those 3 will go in the 1st too. Kizer might..... but I think he is dependant on a team trading back into the 1st.

One of the worst attributes Whaley has is over-rating the talent he has assembled. Because of his inflated assessment of the roster he has a belief that he is close to breaking the ignominious non-playoff streak. That is a factor in his patchwork approach instead of conceptual approach to putting together a roster.

This is not a playoff roster or even close to being one. When the organization has a false belief that it is near their limited goal then it is understandable why it has an aversion to invest in a long term solution at qb when their mind-set is on a short-term goal.

The Bills organization has a tactical approach to running an organization compared to the Patriots who are much more strategic in the way they run their organization. The obvious reality is that checker players rarely win when playing chess players especially when the game is chess.

One of the worst attributes Whaley has is over-rating the talent he has assembled. Because of his inflated assessment of the roster he has a belief that he is close to breaking the ignominious non-playoff streak. That is a factor in his patchwork approach instead of conceptual approach to putting together a roster.

This is not a playoff roster or even close to being one. When the organization has a false belief that it is near their limited goal then it is understandable why it has an aversion to invest in a long term solution at qb when their mind-set is on a short-term goal.

The Bills organization has a tactical approach to running an organization compared to the Patriots who are much more strategic in the way they run their organization. The obvious reality is that checker players rarely win when playing chess players especially when the game is chess.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

They have a top 20 starter who has started less than 30 NFL games, and a second year guy with huge upside.

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'll tell you how much -- Not. One. Bit.

As soon as the draft is over these guys move on to the next draft, and they're never held accountable for their predictions.

It's the primary reason I don't pay much (if any) attention to anything leading up to the draft. I'll research players after the Bills select them.

To be honest, I kinda like Mel - he's one on of those "only in America" types of personalities that I find entertaining. And I appreciate that he pretty much rose up on his own. But this is funny: http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/mel-kipers-top-10-nfl-draft-blunders.html .

And if you miss on QB this year, it means it's likely you don't have a starting WR, CB, LB on the team. I see that as a benefit. That means you have a better chance at a top 5 pick for another QB next year! Let's do this, get our QB and stop being a punching bag.

We have done that, we have had two good WR's, CB's, LB's but no playoffs. No franchise QB = No chance. It starts and stops there.

Jones does NOT have a huge upside period. TT is not the answer so no we are not in good shape at QB

I live in NC ... I don't think Trubisky has enough experience ... he's a Bortles clone to me .... its funny but week before the draft both on NFL network and ESPN ... the talking heads are all jumping on the Mahomes bandwagon ... apparently the arm is unmatched in the draft ... I struggle ... as his teams weren't winning teams ... I'll sit back for kid from USC next year .. if we screw up this year.

I'd rather us go in other direction and avoid taking one of these guys at 10. The quality QB's come from the 3rd and 4th rounds of late ... see history of Wilson, Prescott, and Cousins. So look at the QB's from Pitt, Tennessee and have them battle Yates or Jones. I'd like to see Cardale with another summer camp ... I think his arm is good enough for this league.

we are not going to be bad enough to draft darnold.........49ers, browns, and jets are all clearly worse

we are not going to be bad enough to draft darnold.........49ers, browns, and jets are all clearly worse

Correct. If he's can't miss Bills don't get to draft him. Bills need to pull the trigger on a very good QB prospect, waiting for perfect is a recipe for failure.

Correct. If he's can't miss Bills don't get to draft him. Bills need to pull the trigger on a very good QB prospect, waiting for perfect is a recipe for failure.

I am trying to figure out the whole thing with Darnold anyway

the bills could draft number 1 next year (everyone here knows that is NOT going to happen right?) and Darnold could GO BACK TO SCHOOL

or....he could have a crappy year....it would not be the first time that a non senior college qb ended up looking great then like crap the following year.

but....by all means carry on.

I am trying to figure out the whole thing with Darnold anyway

the bills could draft number 1 next year (everyone here knows that is NOT going to happen right?) and Darnold could GO BACK TO SCHOOL

or....he could have a crappy year....it would not be the first time that a non senior college qb ended up looking great then like crap the following year.

but....by all means carry on.

You read that wrong. I said the Bills won't get him unless he has a bad year.