Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are the Bills going to stop replacing players and actually build a winning team. WTF. :bag:

This year is a complete waste, at least I will save money by not buying NFL Ticket.

Hahaha Bills ight lose backup RB and the year is a waste. Dumbest fans ever sometimes.

Pats don't draft many RB's, my guess is that BB wants to know exactly what he is getting and he don't mind paying for it.

For a team that accumulates so many mid-late round picks I have always wondered that myself.

Yeah, it just seems like the opposite move the Pats would make. I get the Hogan signing a million more times than this.

If fans would have known when we sign MG we would get a 5th for him, they would take it in a second.

When are the Bills going to stop replacing players and actually build a winning team. WTF. :bag:

This year is a complete waste, at least I will save money by not buying NFL Ticket.

The Bills will always replace players because their value can increase over time when they do well. EVERY team does it, they have to.

And I didn't say you could get out of that corner yet!!!

clearly what he did is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE. But, it was arguably in self-defense, and occurred 3 years ago. I don't think you should blacklist someone for life for something like this.

It wasn't self defense. The incident occured outside, he chose to follow her inside. She was in the wrong initially but she posed zero threat, especially if he doesn't chase her. You can argue that she probably deserved a slap for using racial slurs if you wanted to.

The act is cowardly but it was the reaction that ruled him out for me. He got zero punishment for it, never offered an apology until a PR firm got involved when he got feedback from the NFL. Tweeted about "making 2016 for his haters", egging on people that gave him grief for it. You're not judged by your worst act but by how you respond to them.

For me, Joe Mixon fell short on that front.

On the surface, this is very frustrating.

The Bills offense is the most run-heavy in the NFL. Our starting running back will be 29 when the season starts and entering his 9th year as a pro.

Having a strong backup RB is very important. Especially for us.

From what I understand the RFA tender to make Gillislee basically untouchable (nobody would give up a 2nd Rounder for him) would have been less than $1 million more. Now it will cost us an additional $2 million to match New England's offer. Our compensation for letting him go would only be a 5th Rounder, which has netted us the following players in the last couple drafts: Jonathan Williams, Karlos Williams, Cyril Richardson, Jonathan Meeks. That is the track record of our scouting department and Doug Whaley. In my opinion, Gilislee is way more valuable than any of those guys.

Like many on this board, my patience with Whaley has grown very thin. I'm tired of the excuses. I want results.

In my opinion, the guy gets 2017 to get this team back into the playoffs. Considering how much this team will depend on McCoy to get this team there, I think this was a stupid gamble to play with his primary backup. We will know for sure when fall hits.

I can understand people being frustrated with Whaley for the simple fact that the team is not making the post season

I dont think this should cause us to complain about every action that is taken.....in all honesty he has not done badly with his transactions especially the last 2 years and has had some bad luck with injuries on draft picks.

He did a good job on this with groy.......and frankly the Mike G. pats sign sheet is not that bad

I'd call the Pats** bluff. Thanks for the 5th rounder. Now perhaps we can trade into the 4th if needed.

It's not a bluff. Again, they gave someone who isn't as good a deal that was close to the one they offered MG.

So far this offseason is reminiscent of the offseason where the Bills let Nate Clements go for nothing while the Pats acquired Randy Moss for a 4th round pick from the Raiders.

Just as yet another new hole was opening in the Bills D........the Pats got the greatest weapon of his time to exploit it......CHEAP.

Maybe worse this time if that's possible. Pats offseason success may end up being greatly in part at the Bills very expense this time......Gilmore and Gillislee.

Got Whaley by the Gills.....if you will. :flirt:

And I LIKED keeping Tyrod. I can't imagine the outlook of the Tyrod haters. :lol:

And it's all complete with Promo telling us we are all being unreasonable.......just like then! :lol:

Can the Bills just rest the valuable players they have left in the two Pats games next year?

Go Yankees. :thumbsup:

Edited by #BADOL

Reading these comments is hilarious. You'd think we just let John Elway in his prime walk out of here for nothing.

He's a nice player, not making a difference for the Bills. At this point the smart play is to let him walk and take the extra 5th rounder.

If the teams were reversed people on this board would be saying that letting other teams overpay and getting draft picks in return is the Patriot Way.

17 years of futility can take its toll on one's mental health. :lol:

It wasn't self defense. The incident occured outside, he chose to follow her inside. She was in the wrong initially but she posed zero threat, especially if he doesn't chase her. You can argue that she probably deserved a slap for using racial slurs if you wanted to.

The act is cowardly but it was the reaction that ruled him out for me. He got zero punishment for it, never offered an apology until a PR firm got involved when he got feedback from the NFL. Tweeted about "making 2016 for his haters", egging on people that gave him grief for it. You're not judged by your worst act but by how you respond to them.

For me, Joe Mixon fell short on that front.

Just imagine if/when he's got a lot of money in that bank account....

Agreed. The one good thing this franchise can do is find rbs. We got a 5th for a guy who has a career high of 577 yards.

Replacing players is spinning wheels. And MG was a very good backup on a team with poor quality depth all over the place.

It cracks me up how a backup RB can have a thread over 20 pages long

You made threads far worse that you never returned to.

Edited by JM2009

Replacing players is spinning wheels. And MG was a very good backup on a team with poor quality depth all over the place.

You made threads far worse that you never returned to.

I'm done with you. You're a troll. You offer no substance to any post and never offer a single fact. Enjoy being miserable.