Florida DT prospect Caleb Brantley had one job...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida Gators star, future NFL Draft pick Caleb Brantley involved in a fight with a female: http://www.wtsp.com/mb/sports/future-nfl-draft-pick-gators-star-brantley-involved-in-fight-with-female/430994826

The story said that police said the woman struck him and he pushed her away. No charges filed.

He should not be putting himself in position for even the possibility of trouble this close to a big payday, but these are big guys on campus and I am sure are used to going out for "a good time"

Florida Gators star, future NFL Draft pick Caleb Brantley involved in a fight with a female: http://www.wtsp.com/mb/sports/future-nfl-draft-pick-gators-star-brantley-involved-in-fight-with-female/430994826

There is nothing wrong with either pushing away, or physically restraining, a woman who is attacking you.

Or, shooting her if she looks at you in a menacing manner.

if a woman was assaulting me and I had a gun I would be well within my right and highly likely to shoot her.

Yeah that's always a great looking move! :doh:

if a woman attacked you would you sit there and take it? What does it matter if a woman or man does this. They're both equally likely to be dangerous.

That she is a woman has nothing to do with this story at all. The guy was attacked and he defended himself. Is that a problem? Is it wrong to defend yourself from attack?

if a woman was assaulting me and I had a gun I would be well within my right and highly likely to shoot her.

if a woman attacked you would you sit there and take it? What does it matter if a woman or man does this. They're both equally likely to be dangerous.

That she is a woman has nothing to do with this story at all. The guy was attacked and he defended himself. Is that a problem? Is it wrong to defend yourself from attack?

I do think it's a bit more complicated than I was assaulted so I shot in terms of whether that's justified by law. I do agree that it shouldn't matter if it's a male or female but I do think their stature also needs to be the same i.e. is it reasonable to believe a 100 lb female vs a 225 lb male could justify the same amount of self defense chosen.

Good luck with your philosophy of dealing .....it won't be mine

Yes, because those are the only two options. Fight, or stay right there and take the beating...

Like the man said

The "stand your ground" crowd is just... loony. I mean the notion that 'merica is losing standing in the world because of namby-pamby liberals afraid to stand up for themselves and more interested in bathrooms, is just laughable to me. There are much bigger, systemic problems in our society than whether we adequately protect self-defense. Talk about a stupid distraction.

Don't be so small minded with your broad stroke. Bigger issues always exist but doesn't mean smaller ones aren't worthy of time.

Just because it frustrates me and I'll spend time/money to fix 1 of the 3 toilets in our house - doesn't mean I can't understand there's hungry people in the City I live in.

We get it. You're a classic beta white knight.

That's fine. It still doesn't change the fact that it's OK to push away, or physically restrain, a woman who is assaulting you.

I have no problem with that statement, although I find it hard to picture myself in such a situation.

We don't know much about this particular situation, but, in your mind, would it have been OK for him to shoot her? I'm sure it is safe to assume that she approached him in an aggressive, threatening manner prior to the assault? He could have been scared, right?