Red flag for Myles Garrett?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy but I think he'll be somewhat of a bust.... a poor mans Mario Williams.

I get it... his combine #s are great, but I just don't think he has the drive or what it takes mentally.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think Fornette is who I'd take with #1 if I'm Cleveland. Cause he won't last past 6...

I'd bet Solomon has a better career.

Edited by 1WATKINS4

cleveland media is very bitter and negative

You'd be bitter too if the team you covered had uniforms that look like $5 sweat pants and never won a game.

Seriously, the only thing missing from the Browns crappy uniform pants is the word "PINK" across the back. LOL

Edited by TheFunPolice

Booger McFarland has made some negative comments before about Garrett on ESPN radio. Garrett was supposed to come on Mike and Mike today for an interview and when he find out McFarland was in for Golic, he refused because of what he said about him.

Bad sign that this kid can't take a little media criticism? Shouldn't he be able to not take that personally? It wasn't character assassination, he just had some different takes on his play. McFarland is just doing his job which is to be opinionated. Garrett may be not be a good fit for Cleveland's media ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/11/myles-garrett-declines-to-do-radio-show-with-booger-mcfarland/

I think it's more he didn't want to end up snapping off on the guy and putting himself in a situation. I don't see it as a red flag, I see it as common sense. Some people are d*cks and look for ways to try to get under your skin. You know McFarland would have taken the opportunity.

I think it's more he didn't want to end up snapping off on the guy and putting himself in a situation. I don't see it as a red flag, I see it as common sense. Some people are d*cks and look for ways to try to get under your skin. You know McFarland would have taken the opportunity.

oddly, he's such an SEC homer I don't think he would have

cleveland media is very bitter and negative

Isn't that the media everywhere? People who are jealous and call for other people's jobs. They get all sensitive when Bubba Watson calls them out. There are some great media people but 80% are trash. Similar to a message bird. :)

And MG is a lot like Mario where he doesn't seem to have that complete love of football like JJ Watt. Still, a game turning DE is the possibly the 2nd most important position in the NFL.

Side note: is there a better position than DE? You make one or 2 big plays, you are a hero. If you are a cb and give up a catch, you get told you suck.

oddly, he's such an SEC homer I don't think he would have

Anything for ratings though, anything for ratings. I think it was the right move by Garrett. Jmo though :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

Clowney was chased by similar whispers and he looks like he's on the verge of becoming dominant. These are KIDS.

I'm still not sold on JC. He hasn't had an elite sack season since his sophomore year of college and plays with some very good pass rushers.

I get that sacks aren't everything and he's really good in the run game but with a #1 overall DE, you want a game changer.

Isn't that the media everywhere? People who are jealous and call for other people's jobs. They get all sensitive when Bubba Watson calls them out. There are some great media people but 80% are trash. Similar to a message bird. :)

And MG is a lot like Mario where he doesn't seem to have that complete love of football like JJ Watt. Still, a game turning DE is the possibly the 2nd most important position in the NFL.

Side note: is there a better position than DE? You make one or 2 big plays, you are a hero. If you are a cb and give up a catch, you get told you suck.

no, nothing is "all the same everywhere"

that's a total copout response in life, learn not to do it, trust me....

there are pockets of great radio and print and TV personalities that are local

no, nothing is "all the same everywhere"

that's a total copout response in life, learn not to do it, trust me....

there are pockets of great radio and print and TV personalities that are local

Where? I've listen to sports radio in SD and they're great because they don't care.

And 80% wasn't an exact study. I know there are some good ones. But so many want to be part of the story or be a source for breaking news, that it has become hot take central.

Growing up I remember Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News, RIP. He never made himself part of the story or tried to pick fights. I miss people like that.

It's not just media I would worry about, it's coachability. If Greggggo tears him a new one in practice is he going to want to get better or run home crying?

They will still take him but Cleveland media can't wait to get under his skin already

If I'm Garrett I want to go on the show and just say "I appreciate your opinion.. I'm going to prove you wrong... " way better look and shows maturity. I doubt McFarland is going to be overly critical in the actual interview and frankly what he said wasn't that bad

McFarland also didn't like Joey Bosa's game before the draft and said it repeatedly ... Garrett shouldn't care what he thinks if it's not true

Couldn't agree more. Myles is joining the NF friggin L. Not only is he joining it, he's arguably the best player in the draft, and will also be the number one pick. If he can't handle a sports commentator criticizing his play, doing exactly what he's paid to do, then he's in for a LOT of problems. Like Yolo said, I think it would've been an excellent opportunity to go on the show, agree to disagree on McFarland's comments, and explain why he didn't agree with a healthy debate. To me his decision not to go on the show, while he was completely in his right to do so, showed a lack of maturity and a bit of a diva type attitude.

Being an NFL player period is going to draw (sometimes) unwarranted criticism, but being the number one overall pick is going to draw TONS of it. Myles is still young, and I do think he can mature with time, but I do believe it's an issue that could, and probably will arise again. An earlier poster said that he's probably been surrounded by a bunch of yes men and people telling him how awesome he is. He's in for a rather rude awakening.

Couldn't agree more. Myles is joining the NF friggin L. Not only is he joining it, he's arguably the best player in the draft, and will also be the number one pick. If he can't handle a sports commentator criticizing his play, doing exactly what he's paid to do, then he's in for a LOT of problems. Like Yolo said, I think it would've been an excellent opportunity to go on the show, agree to disagree on McFarland's comments, and explain why he didn't agree with a healthy debate. To me his decision not to go on the show, while he was completely in his right to do so, showed a lack of maturity and a bit of a diva type attitude.

Being an NFL player period is going to draw (sometimes) unwarranted criticism, but being the number one overall pick is going to draw TONS of it. Myles is still young, and I do think he can mature with time, but I do believe it's an issue that could, and probably will arise again. An earlier poster said that he's probably been surrounded by a bunch of yes men and people telling him how awesome he is. He's in for a rather rude awakening.

I don't disagree but we always expect 20 year olds to have much more maturity than the 40 year olds asking them questions. Is it simply because they have more money? Because some of these journalists are the most sensitive creatures on the planet, see Graham, Tim.

It's not just media I would worry about, it's coachability. If Greggggo tears him a new one in practice is he going to want to get better or run home crying?

They will still take him but Cleveland media can't wait to get under his skin already

If I'm Garrett I want to go on the show and just say "I appreciate your opinion.. I'm going to prove you wrong... " way better look and shows maturity. I doubt McFarland is going to be overly critical in the actual interview and frankly what he said wasn't that bad

McFarland also didn't like Joey Bosa's game before the draft and said it repeatedly ... Garrett shouldn't care what he thinks if it's not true

I agree Yolo. It wouldn't be that hostile of an environment.

I wouldn't worry about coaching, though. There's a difference between a football person watching tape and yelling versus a media guy. The #1 problem most athletes have with the media is no true football experience.