QB TJ Yates Visited the Bills and now Signed to a Deal

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you be creeping round the Mahomes thread?

Spend too much time here and your dream might die.

J/k, Jus Joshin ya Jeff...

My dream is for the Bills to stop showing up at fights with both hands tied behind their back and a punch me sign on their forehead.

could he be a sign (see matt simms, matt lienart) and cut? no, he should make the roster. he did a decent job under center in helping the texans get in to the post season and even winning a playoff game against another then rookie andy dalton. they couldn't get past the ravens but his resume' is not terrible (not great either) and should serve as the 3rd string or could beat out jones for the back up spot?

he certainly is no matt simms, that's for sure...

simmsnostop.0.0.gif

In all fairness, nobody can be Matt Simms. I miss him.

I bet a rookie could give just as good of a game as Yates. Hell just the factor that he could is reason alone. Yates you more look at it already being a loss.

Yeah, why settle for a rookie. Go get a guy that flips burgers at McDonalds. Anyone can do it apparently. Anyone except Yates, I guess

Not exactly sure what some people are looking for. Yates is now a veteran. He brings some experience behind Tyrod, and he'll get a chance in Camp to show if he can make the throws. If you're waiting for the Bills to sign Tom Brady in free agency...don't hold your breath! The NFL is woefully short on back up QB talent.

This is also a QB that would make sure Watkins gets the ball. Look at how he player with Hopkims. If TJ gets a look, he will play well.

Or he will play like he usually does... Which isn't good. Let's hope he isn't on the roster come September.

Very happy with this move. He's a decent back up most likely a good price also. He knows the system and can give Cardale another year to develop. We for sure don't take a QB in the 1st round now. Let's build this team. A late Round QB could be an option for practice squad and be able to develop.

Very happy with this move. He's a decent back up most likely a good price also. He knows the system and can give Cardale another year to develop. We for sure don't take a QB in the 1st round now. Let's build this team. A late Round QB could be an option for practice squad and be able to develop.

If this is the reason a team doesn't take a QB in the first, then they either never were going to or they are stupid.

This is also a QB that would make sure Watkins gets the ball. Look at how he player with Hopkims. If TJ gets a look, he will play well.

Or, make sure someone on the opposing team gets the ball. He has throw 8 career interceptions to 6 touchdowns.

There are two QBs in this draft That will turn out to be very good ones.... Find them and take them. Otherwise your are just treading the 8-8 (+/-) two games every year.

I do not think this is the case for one second. Jones has got as much chance to be good, as most of these guys - and he's already on the roster.

Any law of averages, is defined by the term of 'over time'. Some years you will get the average, for arguments sake, your '2', others you won't get any, and some you will get a fair few. This year looks very much to me, like the year you don't get any.

I certainly understand, and believe, that the Bills haven't tried hard enough to find a good QB over a good number of years, but you really shouldn't be taking one for the sake of it, and especially in a weak class. We've been there, done that, and got the T-Shirt. How about we try not to repeat past mistakes?

Not exactly sure what some people are looking for. Yates is now a veteran. He brings some experience behind Tyrod, and he'll get a chance in Camp to show if he can make the throws. If you're waiting for the Bills to sign Tom Brady in free agency...don't hold your breath! The NFL is woefully short on back up QB talent.

Come on. No one thinks the Bills are going to sign Tom Brady in Free Agency. They think they are going to draft him.

If you've only got 6 picks, and plenty of holes to fill, why should you be drafting yet another project QB, when you already have one?

In respect of being 'ready', this class is in the same boat that the one EJ came from was - i.e. they aren't.

Now I think there might be a guy who sticks somewhere, but I'm not convinced, so it's quite possible that the only guys who are still around from this class in 3 or 4 years time, are backups, much like the EJ class.

I'm not sure how you 'properly address the QB position', if there aren't any decent ones to be had.

If there were a bunch of decent guys, or even a few, then it would be a different question, and possibly a sensible argument, but there aren't, so it isn't.

....you are one of the pre-eminent, knowledgeable posters here and at that "defunct place"....maybe you can help me out.....everything I've seen points to "6 picks" as you stated....yet there are posts here talking about Bflo's "accrued and accumulated" comp picks as in 4-6.....if that's correct, why are we not looking at 10-12 picks in 2017 or did I miss something??.........