Batavia Bills???

Thanks!

I found an article about that and found this in the article.

Here's the names the other poster wanted...

"And that wasn't the only scandal to come out of this project. According to "From Butler to Buffett: The Story Behind the Buffalo News" by Murray Light, legislators Frederick Pordum and Frank Ludera were convicted of conspiracy to accept bribes on June 16, 1970 and sentenced to three years in prison each."

http://www.wkbw.com/news/1970-plans-called-for-domed-stadium-in-lancaster

I totally understand where you are coming from. This is definitely not the way things are supposed work. However, the cynic in me sadly thinks there is a similar story for almost every public project of all time. Especially in New York. Nothing ever goes scandal free. Whenever a new stadium is build there will probably be equal amounts of shadiness taking place behind the scenes.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally understand where you are coming from. This is definitely not the way things are supposed work. However, the cynic in me sadly thinks there is a similar story for almost every public project of all time. Especially in New York. Nothing ever goes scandal free. Whenever a new stadium is build there will probably be equal amounts of shadiness taking place behind the scenes.

Oh agree big time! It's not going to matter where the new stadium lands or a redo, someone is getting a payout.

...Depew Dawgs??..........

I can live with that. I was going through a worse case scenario where the Patriots moved to Pembroke to be the Pembroke Patriots. I'd have to root for them over the Batavia Bills.

I guess now seeing where Batavia is it wouldn't be that bad....

But to change the name to Batavia is dumb. They don't call them the Orchard Park Bills now....

You're either trying to troll or incredibly...dim. You make a really great argument for posting limits on starting a new topic though.

Talks of new stadium in Batavia...?

I have no clue where this is but they are saying it's closer to Rochester/Syracuse.

If that were to happen, why couldn't they keep Buffalo?

San Francison 49ers now play in Santa Clara which is about an hour south of San Fran, and yet they didn't change their name.

If this were to happen I would hate for them to be called the Batavia Bills. They should find some way to keep a portion of the team facility near Buffalo and play in The Rochester area, at worst.

Bills should stay in Buffalo!!!!

So, you have information that the owners have purchased 5-600 acres of land?

Will the Sabres also need to move their arena to Batavia given the rules of having the same owner??

I'm sure this has been answered in one of the Batavia threads but I don't have time to read through it all.

The only thing hanging up the whole deal is a location for the Amerks since ownership rules also stipulate a minimum distance between parent clubs and affiliated minor league teams. If the Bills and Sabres move to Batavia, the current leading site for the Amerks is a frozen segment of the canal next to a lock just past Lyons.

If they were to ever move the Bills east out of Buffalo, the most logical choice for me would be moving them to Rochester as it is right between Syracuse and Buffalo. No benefit to moving them to Batavia. Rochester makes the most sense should they ever move, but just leave them in Buffalo.

If they were to ever move the Bills east out of Buffalo, the most logical choice for me would be moving them to Rochester as it is right between Syracuse and Buffalo. No benefit to moving them to Batavia. Rochester makes the most sense should they ever move, but just leave them in Buffalo.

Batavia has lots of OPEN land and is right next to the thruway. Rochester - not so much!

I live in Rochester and I would LOVE to see the Bills new stadium in BATAVIA.

Also, I think if the Bills move, they should change their name right after the Jets and Giants do.

On the rez east of niagara falls. Buffalo Bill Cody wild west shows in warm weather and in the offseason. smoke signals. International attraction.Western style town built right around the stadium

as well as teepees and a longhouse.

Convenient for rochestarians up highway 33 or 31 or 18 etc etc.Closer to the canadians. Closer to the more populated suburbs of Buffalo. More family oriented.

On the rez east of niagara falls. Buffalo Bill Cody wild west shows in warm weather and in the offseason. smoke signals. International attraction.Western style town built right around the stadium

as well as teepees and a longhouse.

Convenient for rochestarians up highway 33 or 31 or 18 etc etc.Closer to the canadians. Closer to the more populated suburbs of Buffalo. More family oriented.

They can sell smallpox blankets in the gift shop

d6a203fdbc58b0e72425b9a40da53e1a.jpg

There is no way they will make the Canadian fans travel further. The new stadium will either be in OP whether a total rebuild across from the old one or an putting 100s of millions into New Era or a new one downtown. I think some of the recent revelations that the Pegula's are buying land at a premium downtown points to the latter.

Never happen. Ever

You're really going out in a limb here.

I'm sure about 99.9% of the population agrees with you.

You can say "not going to happen" about a million things and most times you'd be correct. But you would be wrong eventually.

Imo... that's what the message boards are for during the offseason. Discussing those things that almost certainly won't happen but are fun to talk about.

Otherwise why talk about football in the offseason?

Do I think the Bills will be in Batavia eventually? No, but hey, here's a thread about it so for the sake of Bills fandom I'm going to swirl the idea around in my head for a bit. See what happens, ya know?

I don't think the Bills in Batavia would be the worst thing to happen, but then again I just moved to Victor so... You know.

Edited by likei've

Just leave them in Orchard Park

"Batavia Buffalos"? "WNY Buffalos"?

They are the only team in NY so how about the "NY Buffalos".

Bring them back home to Buffalo, enough with OP and that burial ground. I kind of like the idea of Batavia though but only in a domed stadium. Also need Buffalo in the name no way Batavia Bills.

Edited by xRUSHx