Foxx

Do You BitCoin?

Posted (edited)

Bitcoin was just over $13,000 for a little while today. It will be interesting to see when it eventually tops $20,000.

Viva la Bitcoin

Edited by Pilsner

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I can't wait until this crashes.

Plenty of other cryptos will crash. Hopefully that will satisfy you.

3 minutes ago, Pilsner said:

Plenty of other cryptos will crash. Hopefully that will satisfy you.

Lol not until they all do

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I can't wait until this crashes.

I don't know why you want it to crash. I wish I got in it when my buddy told me all those years ago. I am happy for the fellow Bills fans who took a risk and and seeing the payoff happening. 

I would love if Foxx would give us any tips like is it too late to invest or is it too late to start making bitcoins?

I read that Bitcoin has a limit so I guess missing out was meant to be for me.

Edited by Boca BIlls

14 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Lol not until they all do

Lol well I don’t think Bitcoin will accommodate you but you can attend the funerals of the 80%+ cryptos that will go down the tubes. 

6 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I don't know why you want it to crash. I wish I got in it when my buddy told me all those years ago. I am happy for the fellow Bills fans who took a risk and and seeing the payoff happening. 

I would love if Foxx would give us any tips like is it too late to invest or is it too late to start making bitcoins?

I want it to crash because bit coin investors are way too bullish on it.

Someone in this thread was giving instructions on how some could converrt their 401ks into bitcoin. I could have misread it, but that's extremely irresponsible.

So yea I hope it collapses.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I want it to crash because bit coin investors are way too bullish on it.

Someone in this thread was giving instructions on how some could converrt their 401ks into bitcoin. I could have misread it, but that's extremely irresponsible.

So yea I hope it collapses.

I mentioned that anyone interested in Bitcoin has the option of buying shares of GBTC. Greyscale Bitcoin Trust. People interested should of course do their due diligence. In the last 6 months it has gone from about $4 a share to $16.35 (today’s closing). GBTC price goes at a premium that fluctuates up to 30% and sometimes higher.  Bitcoin is volatile for sure. This is just information for anyone wanting to look into their bitcoin options.

If people wish, they can buy Bitcoin directly on a crypto exchange. Or they can just ignore crypto and pretend it doesn’t exist.

I don’t consider it irresponsible to share public information of this nature. This is just information for people who want to know more. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

on the old BBMB when i started the Bitcoin thread, it was $600 per. when i started this thread here, it was $1200.

correct, there will only ever be 21mm BTC in existence.

the current block reward for solving a complicated mathematical equation is currently 12.5 BTC. with current hashing power, somewhere around the end of May 2020 the reward will halve whereby the reward will be 6.25 BTC per block.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/10/2019 at 6:17 AM, Foxx said:

on the old BBMB when i started the Bitcoin thread, it was $600 per. when i started this thread here, it was $1200.

correct, there will only ever be 21mm BTC in existence.

the current block reward for solving a complicated mathematical equation is currently 12.5 BTC. with current hashing power, somewhere around the end of May 2020 the reward will halve whereby the reward will be 6.25 BTC per block.

I presume you’re aware of what software pioneer, billionare, and apparent lunatic John McAfee promised he’d do if Bitcoin does’t reach $1M by end of 2020?

If not, Google it - he’s got 538 days!

7 hours ago, The Senator said:

I presume you’re aware of what software pioneer, billionare, and apparent lunatic John McAfee promised he’d do if Bitcoin does’t reach $1M by end of 2020?

If not, Google it - he’s got 538 days!

McAfee is a moron.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

:lol: i got ya. 

yeah, no. it is a good thing actually.

from the article which i agree with wholeheartedly:

... Despite the bearish sentiment of Trump’s first crypto tweets, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong is counting it as a win just to have Trump tweeting about crypto at all. Armstrong retweeted Trump and added: “Achievement unlocked! I dreamt about a sitting U.S. president needing to respond to growing cryptocurrency usage years ago. ‘First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.’ We just made it to step 3 y'all.”

awareness is a good thing. ;) if they feel a need to respond to it, it means it is upon their radar.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 9:16 PM, Boca BIlls said:

Lol Achievement unlocked. That is great.

Fed Chairman Jerome Powell compares Bitcoin to gold.

https://www.coindesk.com/fed-chairman-jerome-powell-compares-bitcoin-to-gold

Stack those Sats!

Edited by Pilsner
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Pilsner said:

Lol Achievement unlocked. That is great.

Fed Chairman Jerome Powell compares Bitcoin to gold.

https://www.coindesk.com/fed-chairman-jerome-powell-compares-bitcoin-to-gold

Stack those Sats!

the only downside to the rising fiat price is that the Difficulty is rising to all time highs. the last jump and the next are astronomical. makes my mining rigs look weak.

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

the only downside to the rising fiat price is that the Difficulty is rising to all time highs. the last jump and the next are astronomical. makes my mining rigs look weak.

I haven’t seriously looked into mining. I hope it’s been working out decently for you.

• Like (+1) 1

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/meet-ico-pumper-makes-living-040031742.html

Interesting interview, a bot created pump and dump.   This is what is so concerning about crypto.  Little regulation with a ton of opportunity for market manipulations.

However, the idea is not without concern in traditional markets.  Who is to say that a market could not be made by bot created puts and calls that drive volume on a thinly traded underlying stock?  It only takes small predictable movements to create the opportunity for significant manipulation.

Nothing like Meadcoins. Never loses money 💴 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, mead107 said:

Nothing like Meadcoins. Never loses money 💴 

If Meadcoins are decentralized then I could be tempted.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

@Foxx Thought you would appreciate this Matt Barkley retweet 🙂

*SATOSHI

@NFL
· 16h
Matt Barkely with another DIME to Zay Jones. @MattBarkley

: #BUFvsDET on CBS Watch on mobile: http://on.nfl.com/aQHOIM
Edited by JoeF
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, JoeF said:

@Foxx Thought you would appreciate this Matt Barkley retweet 🙂

*SATOSHI

@NFL
· 16h
Matt Barkely with another DIME to Zay Jones. @MattBarkley

: #BUFvsDET on CBS Watch on mobile: http://on.nfl.com/aQHOIM

lol, thanks. Matt with another satoshi to Zay.

;)

Edited by Foxx