The McDermott Era begins - Voluntary OTAs

You made one terrible assumption and refuse to own it not a good look. I am a United States Marine and definitely wasnt bragging. Its not easy missing those events, however, using a nit of imagination I have been able to make it up to them in very unique ways. 4hrs at a voluntary practice in no way shape or form should have impacted a millionaires ability to throw one heck of anoarty for his child after the practice. Shady isnt above any of the other players that decided to put their lives on hold to attend a 4 hr session at OBD. The other men put their families, wants, needs, on hold for 4 hrs in an attempt to better the TEAM.

i never bragged at all. I never stated I enjoyed that, boasted about it, i stated a very simple and true fact. You are trying to rationalize an ignorant stance.

I am 100% comfortable with my post stating "Unless you are in the armed forces and deployed overseas, you sound like a terrible father and husband. Probably a good employee though." What is ignorant about saying that parents shouldn't miss their kid's birthday unless they need to? Clearly you had no choice but to miss their birthdays. I would think that you of all people would appreciate the value of being there for your family, and would side with the guy who skipped a voluntary stretching workout to be with his family over something as inconsequential as football. Thanks for your service, regardless.

And for the record, if I disagree with Badol, Firechan and Billsvet, it tends to mean I am right.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 100% comfortable with my post stating "Unless you are in the armed forces and deployed overseas, you sound like a terrible father and husband. Probably a good employee though." What is ignorant about saying that parents shouldn't miss their kid's birthday unless they need to? Clearly you had no choice but to miss their birthdays. I would think that you of all people would appreciate the value of being there for your family, and would side with the guy who skipped a voluntary stretching workout to be with his family over something as inconsequential as football. Thanks for your service, regardless.

And for the record, if I disagree with Badol, Firechan and Billsvet, it tends to mean I am right.

Haughty! :lol:

You be you Tenhigh......tell that braggart......dig, dig, dig

Laugh out loud funny that you ended up with egg on your face.

Who the H. E. DOUBLEHOCKEYSTICKS are YOU to judge a millennial?!?!?!?!

Me, I'm 43.

But to answer your first question, I'm a person who is posting on a message board. Much like you, I share my opinions here.

43? Whippersnapper.

The end comes fast for RB's......one minute you are Adrian Peterson.......voted the league's best player by his peers......then a year later you are looking at a 90% salary cut and very limited interest even then.

You honestly think that McCoy is going to hang around the NFL to be a reserve?

A big part of the problem Peterson faces now is that teams don't know how he'd handle being a reserve playing for peanuts compared to his previous role/contract.

McCoy being the only no-show for the coach's first OTA is not exactly the kind of endearing maneuver that might buy him an extra paycheck at the end.........or a coaching gig........so radio sounds about right. :thumbsup:

Typical Notre Dame........always quitting when they get behind........why can't you just let Tenhigh keep shoveling? :thumbsup:

It's probably because you're so full of yourself that got can't admit to being wrong.

And you also come across as the type that will root for others to fail just to be able to say you were right.

It's probably because you're so full of yourself that got can't admit to being wrong.

And you also come across as the type that will root for others to fail just to be able to say you were right.

No doubt about that. I can see him twitching every time Shady breaks off a run.

He has now steered his argument to cover all possible outcomes, saying that he knew Shady could be effective if he made the necessary changes to his game. Blah, blah, blah...

Shady has been worth every penny of that reworked contract. Gilly or Karlos could not hold his jock as Badol had suggested. We all get things wrong. Just take your medicine, admit you were wrong and move on.

Edited by SWATeam

https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/06/richard-sherman-trade-talk-seattle-seahawks-nfl

5. The Bills opened their offseason program this week, and what stuck out to players quickly is how straightforward and detail-oriented new coach Sean McDermott is. And, of course, they noticed the pool table was gone.

6. Also while were here, its worth noting that the players in Buffalo already see one on-field difference from the Rex Ryan regime. Per one vet, You can see the schemes are simple, and intended to help the players play fast.

"Rumblings out of Western New York that some are already anxious that head coach Sean McDermott has yet to take the Bills to the playoffs. One source is quoted as saying McDermott was hired to do one thing. 'We're a week into voluntary stretching and the Bills are no closer to the playoffs than last season.' 'He's eating dinner with alumni, putting up slogans around the training facility, but where are the wins?'

Fractures seem to be appearing already when star running back LeSean McCoy chose to attend his son's birthday party instead of a voluntary workout. We've yet to confirm this is contract-related but it's just a matter of time before this dumpster fire rages out of control."

Is it just me or does Marcel look like his in MUCH better shape

He does look to be in better shape - my thought is in Rex's D - he was asked to be a big block eater to free up the LBs - He was out of shape, but also larger due to his role.

He is going back to a gap/penetrating DL player - needs to be thinner and quicker.

I think this is a much better fit.

"Rumblings out of Western New York that some are already anxious that head coach Sean McDermott has yet to take the Bills to the playoffs. One source is quoted as saying McDermott was hired to do one thing. 'We're a week into voluntary stretching and the Bills are no closer to the playoffs than last season.' 'He's eating dinner with alumni, putting up slogans around the training facility, but where are the wins?'

Fractures seem to be appearing already when star running back LeSean McCoy chose to attend his son's birthday party instead of a voluntary workout. We've yet to confirm this is contract-related but it's just a matter of time before this dumpster fire rages out of control."

:lol:

that pretty much sums up this thread

"The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think." -- Horace Walpole

This is in Promo's sig line.......but NOBODY FEELS THE STING of any organizational criticism more than he.

To the unindoctrinated BBMB'ers.....Promo is our chief resident fan-hater/blamer/shamer......"The Franchise Whiner" as I once dubbed him.

Usually his posts are criticisms of fans.......which is a frustration displacement technique because he feels like he can't be critical of the organization and still be a fan so he takes it out on anyone here who holds the organization accountable for their losing.

His best post ever though was a drunken one during preseason after he had been out at a bar and was contemplating why God was so cruel to his Bills. Why? Why? :cry:

The PRESEASON mind you.

Not the regular season.

PRACTICE season. :lol:

It's entertainment folks......don't take it so seriously. :thumbsup:

Will be interesting to see if anyone doesn't show up today!

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/bills-begin-offseason-program-plenty-changes-and-fresh-faces

that pretty much sums up this thread

YOU STARTED THE THREAD.......WITH BAIT! :lol:

This is why you are "The straw that stirs the drink" of TSW.

:lol::thumbsup:

this is amazing

Jerel Worthy with some major optimism

@i_am_worthy99

I believe this coaching staff will get us to the promise land. Culture changing by the day. Genuine people Always stand out

Na man its just streches remember. No way they could learn anything at the voluntary day at OBD.

Sarcasm intended.