most mocks have bills taking williams

buffuct

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont "platoon" wr's.......there are on any given NFL player several pass catcher's in the formation. This sounds more like a bitching session about Tyrod Taylor then it is not understanding why you would take a offensive weapon.

Am I wrong?

This^

I'm a big Corey Davis guy. I think he's the better WR. If they both are there I hope the Bills go with Davis. Not to say Williams isn't very good.

Wr is the thinnest spot on this roster. Outside of Sammy none of these guys would be anything other than camp ball catchers for another team.

Exactly...Sammy off 2 major surgeries and a bunch of #4 WR's makes for a weak corp. This team needs a quality WR bad. I hope it's Corey Davis, but would settle for Williams.

Edited by Billy Zabka

I'm a big Corey Davis guy. I think he's the better WR. If they both are there I hope the Bills go with Davis. Not to say Williams isn't very good.

Exactly...Sammy off 2 major surgeries and a bunch of #4 WR's makes for a weak corp. This team needs a quality WR bad. I hope it's Corey Davis, but would settle for Williams.

people just need to ask and answer this question.

Did the passing game pick up with our number 1 on the field healthy or did it not the last 2 years? All bias aside.

Mock drafts really seem like a monumental waste of time. Even so called "experts" are rarely correct. It's one of the most mystifying things in sports, why so many care so deeply about them and try to predict the mental processes of 32 different groups of professional talent evaluators who rarely have any interest in telegraphing their actual thoughts.

I use them as a tool to discover players. Run mock after mock and see guys who I think would be nice to look at per positions. The one I like later is the Tennessee qb.

Mike Williams looks like the same player as Mike Evans or Alshon Jeffery.

He's not "fast", but he's productive and he's going to be a monster in the red zone at the NFL level.

If we pick him, I'll be happy.

Edited by jrober38

I actually think this pick could potentially have the opposite effect. They could end up fighting over touches...just saying.

Right, one receiver offenses are clearly more effective than having two threats and spreading out those double teaming your one.

crazy to compare it to taking cj spiller. mike williams is a monster wr who no one doubts has a great future in this league. the bills are the only ones who were that high on cj spiller

It is crazy to compare them but many were high on Spiller.

I think we take Williams if OJ Howard, or Foster are not available. Foster is too good to pass up, and OJ Howard gives us a WR2, which is what Williams is, but also provides help in the blocking game. We could swing back later and grab another WR.

He's not "fast", but he's productive and he's going to be a monster in the red zone at the NFL level.

I won't hate it. Depends who else is available.

I am inclined to agree with this.....for me its Corey Davis or OJ Howard at that spot

OJ Howard. Receiving and TE threat. 2 for the price of one.

I just did a bunch of mocks, they're fun because you can try and see how you might build each team if you were making the call. You get to know some of these players skill sets from reading and watching as much film on the players as you feel like watching.

Personally I don't understand the mocks of Mike Williams to 10. We just signed a handful of guys and have Listenbee coming back from injury, so let them compete and maybe draft another one late. It's like people forget we drafted Stevie J in the 7th round after drafting James Hardy in the 2nd and look how that worked out.

I've done some mocks with Solomon Thomas falling to the Bills (even though I think it's a long shot) and some with Mike Williams going as high as 6 to the Jets.

I'm hoping we grab a big defensive talent at any level before we go offense, and it looks like we will have a good shot at one. If we don't go with a premier defensive guy, I think we trade back. Some teams might want to jump the Browns for a QB since they are sitting at 12 and we may be able to move back that way. Or if Foster gets past the Bengals someone might want to jump the Saints for him (they are at 11).

people just need to ask and answer this question.

Did the passing game pick up with our number 1 on the field healthy or did it not the last 2 years? All bias aside.

I would argue that Watkins wasn't really healthy for a single game last year so I can't answer that question. In 2015 Sammy missed 3 games, 2 of those with Tyrod at QB. In those games the Bills scored 10 and 14 points respectively including a game with only 109 passing yards.

Bottom line is that the Bills desperately need a playmaker at WR considering Watkins injury history, the current depth chart, and the fact that Williams or Davis are not a reach at 10.

Davis is a better overall receiver imo. He has the all time record for receiving yards in FBS, can run any route, has good size/speed, can go up and get it and make people miss. Him over Williams all day long.

I have a sneaky feeling McDermott wants a Luke Keuchly type of middle linebacker and may try to get him in this draft with our first round pick. Would be even better if he could move back and do that. We could probably get a starting WR and DB in the second and third rounds this year because it's so deep at those spots.

Corey Davis has to be the pick and there's no LB anywhere near Keuchly in this draft. We may have to pick Davis if for no other reason than Watkins injury insurance.

I don't think Williams is as good as either Jeffrey or Evans coming out...And those two were my favorite players in their respective Drafts...I'm the one that would have Drafted Jeffrey at #10 overall (over Gilmore), and Evans instead of Watkins (though I loved Sammy too)...So I feel like I have a good gauge on this comparison...

I like Williams and I'm OK with the Bills Drafting him (though I think #10 is too high and I do not see much logic in using a top 10 pick on a #2 WR)...But he's not on the level of Jeffrey and Evans as the complete package coming out IMHO...Williams has areas of strength that are REAL strong, but the rest is a mixed bag...I agree Williams will be a good Red Zone target, and his ability on 50/50 balls is undeniable...

I'm not really anti-Williams...But I do like Corey Davis more...And I'm pretty much anti-WR or TE at #10 for the Bills...I'd MUCH rather have Reuben Foster and JuJu...or Hooker and Zay Jones than a WR at #10 and what you can get elsewhere in the 2nd...But that may be just me... B-)

If the man can't get open and separate in college, how is he going to get open and separate in the NFL? Great at catching balls with people on him but at some point you have to be able to get some separation...this isn't college anymore, DB's are a LOT better than in college.

Uh...no...those players actually got open in college and were able to separate...Williams doesn't do that near enough for being an "elite" player in college. Gonna have major issues in the NFL. That isn't something that improves normally. He might be a red zone target at best.