most mocks have bills taking williams

buffuct

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...neither do I....terrible letdown not PAYING for Brylcream Mel or Beiber McShay's yap.......greatest Brylcream battle was in 1994 when he squared off with Colts' GM Tobin about his pick...when Tobin was asked in the presser about Mel, "he said "who the hell is that"?......Beiber's shining moment was calling Marshawn a "reach of a bust at #12".....

My big McShay memory is him touting Jevan Snead as a sure-fire 1st round franchise QB. He went undrafted in 2010.

There are so many spread offenses in college now that I think WR valuation needs to go the way of the RB. They are a dime a dozen with a couple elites that come out every so often. What we are doing with a bunch of cheap guys vying for spots 2-6 is perfect for me. Especially with Clay and McCoy eating up some of the precious targets our offense has.

Every draft I want us to value positions in this order, QB, OL, DL, LB, CB, S, WR, RB. Since that is the order it is as far as how hard it is to find good players at those positions.

Of course, draft BPA but be positionally smart with talent tiebreakers.

at a certain point in the draft I think it's ok to go with BWA (Best Williams Available)

That is true. No need to reach for a Williams.

I vote for Kentucky's Stanley Williams. For multiple reasons:

He's a Stanley - I need to fill my quota of proper English-sounding blokes since Nigel left.

He's a running back - we need a few more of those.

His nickname is Boom - that just reeks of awesome.

Especially when you can have somebody named Stanley "Boom" Williams. I want this guy!

The only 1st round guys that have been successfully predicted in the last 30 years are Bruce and Dareus.

I disagree. I read all over the internet that we would draft Spiller and Gilmore, and was not the least bit surprised when we did.

Soon, I am pretty sure that we will draft another first round defensive back.

Would this surprise you?

if this happens i would feel like i did when they took cj spilier . i couldn't believe it , then i came around to being pissed. i know we need a wr but at 10 ? NO ! to many holes on defense that has lost alot of players and were not good anyways

first of all.....taking Williams would be NOTHING like taking Spiller

CJ Spiller was a "waterbug" gadget player that you could not run 30 times a game and had to be platooned with another running back.....

Williams is a WR that would be on the field all the time......a player you could lean on if Watkins for whatever reason was not there (supposidly you have to see them on the field before you know this)

Personally.....the thought of trading down with Denver that was posted earlier on the board is really really enticing and possibly picking up a LB that fits McDermott's D....then a WR in round 2 sounds pretty good as well but i would not be upset if they just stood their ground and selected Williams, OJ Howard, or Corey Davis

first of all.....taking Williams would be NOTHING like taking Spiller

CJ Spiller was a "waterbug" gadget player that you could not run 30 times a game and had to be platooned with another running back.....

Williams is a WR that would be on the field all the time......a player you could lean on if Watkins for whatever reason was not there (supposidly you have to see them on the field before you know this)

Personally.....the thought of trading down with Denver that was posted earlier on the board is really really enticing and possibly picking up a LB that fits McDermott's D....then a WR in round 2 sounds pretty good as well but i would not be upset if they just stood their ground and selected Williams, OJ Howard, or Corey Davis

i think cj and williams are close to the same williams would be platooned with another wr and throws are scarce with TT but i hear ya about sammy going down so then there is this trade down thing why would anybody trade down in a deep class like this unless for a QB who everybody thinks there is no francise QBs in draft

i think cj and williams are close to the same williams would be platooned with another wr and throws are scarce with TT but i hear ya about sammy going down so then there is this trade down thing why would anybody trade down in a deep class like this unless for a QB who everybody thinks there is no francise QBs in draft

You dont "platoon" wr's.......there are on any given NFL player several pass catcher's in the formation. This sounds more like a bitching session about Tyrod Taylor then it is not understanding why you would take a offensive weapon.

Am I wrong?

You dont "platoon" wr's.......there are on any given NFL player several pass catcher's in the formation. This sounds more like a bitching session about Tyrod Taylor then it is not understanding why you would take a offensive weapon.

Am I wrong?

You dont "platoon" wr's.......there are on any given NFL player several pass catcher's in the formation. This sounds more like a bitching session about Tyrod Taylor then it is not understanding why you would take a offensive weapon

Am I wrong?

i i i don't understand second sentence i am not good with grammar . sorry . i did not go to college i was busy learning stuff . i mostly agree with you proffeser

....agree 100%.....they're pinning their hopes on a healthy Sammy and backfilling with inexpensive FA pickups hoping either they shine or one of the kids still on the roster does.....Listenbee (WR) or Thomas (TE) come to mind......can't see spending MORE money or a 1st on receiving corp until TT demonstrates he can process the field in allotted time and find receivers open which has NOT happened so far IMO........

exactly, not only are we not totally sold on TT as a franchise QB I believe we are also still a run 1st team.

....agree 100%.....they're pinning their hopes on a healthy Sammy and backfilling with inexpensive FA pickups hoping either they shine or one of the kids still on the roster does.....Listenbee (WR) or Thomas (TE) come to mind......can't see spending MORE money or a 1st on receiving corp until TT demonstrates he can process the field in allotted time and find receivers open which has NOT happened so far IMO........

And I can easily make the argument that how are you giving TT a decent shot at developing those processing and reading skills with poor receivers that can't get open regularly? Pretty easy for opposing defenses to double cover Sammy when kolby listenbee is the one playing on the other side of the field.

Chicken or the egg.

LB is more Important then a WR that might get 50 catches.

If you're talking about a 4-3 middle LB that captains and coordinates the defense then yes I agree. But I'd say a WR2 is more important than some rotational weak side backer who gets rotated out on nickel packages.