Uber finally coming to Buffalo this summer

YoloinOhio

In Madison, Wisconsin Uber has been responsible for multiple sexual harassments, and at least two traffic deaths. Surge pricing cost 108 dollars to a hotel, so I called a cab which cost 23 dollars on the way back. Be careful what you wish for.

Oh so nobody has died in a taxi cab I guess? Gimme a break. It's a 1000 times better and if you're implying it's more expensive than a cab then that would be a first for me, using it for almost 50 rides so far nationwide. It's not even close.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Madison, Wisconsin Uber has been responsible for multiple sexual harassments, and at least two traffic deaths. Surge pricing cost 108 dollars to a hotel, so I called a cab which cost 23 dollars on the way back. Be careful what you wish for.

Many times I've dealt with the surge, especially during all the woes the D.C. Metro subway system was experiencing last year. A couple of times while I was in town fires in the metro tunnels led to 2x, 3x, I even saw 5x surge pricing.

But you know what? It's communicated to you clearly ahead of time. You know exactly what you're going pay when you request a car. So on those rare occasions when demand outpaces supply, you pay more. That's how a free market is supposed to work.

And like nobody ever got sexually harassed in a cab. At least with ridesharing, I know who the driver is, they know who I am, both our phones indicate where we are via GPS, and again, no cash changes hands.

Ridesharing rules.

oh thank god. it's taken a long time but better late than never. it would be nice just to go out to dinner, have a couple of drinks, and not have to worry about driving. if i get sexually harassed a couple of times along the way, so be it. it's the price i'm willing to pay.

edit: i breezed through the article, so maybe i missed it, but wasn't uber being passed dependent on the budget getting passed on friday night...which didn't happen? so does the budget have to be passed to make this final? as the article mentioned, it could take at least 90 days to get uber running after being passed, so couldn't this just drag on for a while?

Edited by teef

Lol so no taxi has ever been in an accident or cabbie has ever done wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh thank god. it's taken a long time but better late than never. it would be nice just to go out to dinner, have a couple of drinks, and not have to worry about driving. if i get sexually harassed a couple of times along the way, so be it. it's the price i'm willing to pay.

edit: i breezed through the article, so maybe i missed it, but wasn't uber being passed dependent on the budget getting passed on friday night...which didn't happen? so does the budget have to be passed to make this final? as the article mentioned, it could take at least 90 days to get uber running after being passed, so couldn't this just drag on for a while?

it sounds like it is dependent on the agreement that they expect to happen but hasn't yet. Here is a pretty good article from the other day.

http://www.wgrz.com/mb/news/local/new-york/new-details-emerge-on-uber-lyft-deal-in-ny/426875035

Amen. I can only hope that my complaining on Twitter and TBD helped the cause in some, small way! :beer:

As much as complaining about cheating by Pats* to NFL probably.

Will you send a post card?

No (1) probably cannot afford surge pricing and (2) and do not have a "smart" phone.

Gee really? Uber drivers get in accidents just like everyone else? How shocking.

Funny how you never heard about taxi drivers sexually harassing anyone. I guess that's never happened before.

yes. Uber to Buffalo within 90 days.

I wonder how long it takes to build an adequate pool of drivers. If you are unfamiliar with Uber and think this is a really good thing...you are wrong.... this is a great thing!

We recently paid $28 to get TO the airport with Uber, and $55 to get home via taxi. With surge pricing it was about the same price, but the experience was far superior using Uber.

I wonder how long it takes to build an adequate pool of drivers. If you are unfamiliar with Uber and think this is a really good thing...you are wrong.... this is a great thing!

We recently paid $28 to get TO the airport with Uber, and $55 to get home via taxi. With surge pricing it was about the same price, but the experience was far superior using Uber.

use it fairly frequently here and love it. Always wish I had it when visiting "home" -- very excited to have it in Buffalo when I'm there

YOU GUYS in BFLo are the NYCity folk to Da Yoopers up in The UP... We are like kindred spirits, bonded by snow, to these guys, big city slickers in BFLo!

Will it be like this when Uber picks you up?

Hey... I am from BFLo... Born (@ Sister's Hospital) & raised... I can laugh @ myself, upbringing... ;-)

Or like this:

Do they have Uber in the UP. I betcha it is quite an adventure in winter. Just for schits and giggles, I will fly into BFLo after the biggest snow storm possible... To hell with "surge pricing"... ;-) ... Get an Uber... Then be hyper-critical when dude (or especially dudette) is driving all wrong in the snow! "BRO! Give me the damn wheel, you are doing it all wrong!"

:-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois