Bills fire 3 long-time staffers and Team Chaplain

He's the nutritionalist and it takes like a 30 sec Google search to see he's well respected outside of football as well.

Is an equipment manager changing going to help us win games as well? McDermott just wants to hire his boys.

Right, and all head coaches do this...so why are you so butt hurt over it?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, and all head coaches do this...so why are you so butt hurt over it?

If I'm not mistaken do equipment managers and people who do video editing typically get fired when a new coach gets hired?

The answer is no. This is a Chip Kelly type move.

Edited by Elite Poster

Getting rid of Dan Liburd is a disgrace. He was a great guy and he's losing his job because our HC feels this entitled.

Dan was the guy who trained and guided a blind runner thru the Buffalo marathon. Great job McDumbass.

Hearing on the radio they might fire the equipment manager too. Ross Tucker just tweeted "Bills getting rid of the wrong people...".

"Our HC feels this entitled"? What's that all about? If, during the evaluation process for NFL strength and conditioning assistant, you're rolling out with "Blind Runner/Buffalo Marathon" and"I'm really fun at the office Christmas Party..." you may not make it.

Have faith--the new guy will probably be a heck of a guy as well.

I think these guys know the risks and reality of this profession. Don't take it so personally.

McD comes from an excellent coaching tree. That's the first thing I look at when it comes to coaches.

Greatness begets further greatness, and so I just don't get how anyone could criticize his effort to extend his coaching tree branch in Buffalo.

He's the nutritionalist and it takes like a 30 sec Google search to see he's well respected outside of football as well.

Is an equipment manager changing going to help us win games as well? McDermott just wants to hire his boys.

nothing about this is unusual though. we see it in any business when there's turnover in management. it's life.

edit: never mind. it's already been said.

Edited by teef

Just a word of reality here for ya's

None of these people have anything to do with how the team has been playing, except the one strength guy might have some small impact.

Likewise Scott Berchtold had nothing to do with team performance.

None of the front office decision makers who have presided over the last 17 years have been replaced. Not one.

Can't wait for today's 12 copycat hot taek bbmb style threads with titles like

"Why does saen mcd hate jebus?"

"Pugela FAIL playerz no longer engaeged"

"if ewe dont think we need a new champlain UR an ****head"

I always love the jimmy10 responses and this one is NO different. stands and applauds.

The real question is why does Billy Buffalo still have a job? That guy has been there since the drought began...

Exactly. Why Ross Tucker didn't come out and make this statement from the beginning if beyond me. We have to get this MoFo out of here for the drought to be over.

nothing about this is unusual though. we see it in any business when there's turnover in management. it's life.

edit: never mind. it's already been said.

Yes.... typically this happens. In the past, I believe the Bills have been careful to employ GMs and Coaches who are agreeable to leaving as much in place as possible. You want the coach with staff he is comfortable with and shares a vision. Mcdermott, whether he will succeed or not, has a grand vision for his career. If he succeeds, we all will benefit.

The real question is why does Billy Buffalo still have a job? That guy has been there since the drought began...

Finally the voice of reason!

Would love to see an actual person play Buffalo Bill Cody. Heck, how about he keeps a live buffalo on the sidelines? Trots in on a horse and fires some cap guns in the air before the game to get us going. Could have a whole wagon/western theme and everything.

Also found this: http://www.thekickisgood.com/the-curse-of-billy-buffalo/ WTF is a Huddles?

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

Yes.... typically this happens. In the past, I believe the Bills have been careful to employ GMs and Coaches who are agreeable to leaving as much in place as possible. You want the coach with staff he is comfortable with and shares a vision. Mcdermott, whether he will succeed or not, has a grand vision for his career. If he succeeds, we all will benefit.

exactly. if you're going to hand the reins over to a new coach, you have to let him establish the staff the way he wants. it's certainly no guarantee of success, but if mcd feels that certain people helped him grow into the position he's in now, and wants them brought along, i have zero problem with it.