Bills fire 3 long-time staffers and Team Chaplain

Getting rid of Dan Liburd is a disgrace. He was a great guy and he's losing his job because our HC feels this entitled.

Dan was the guy who trained and guided a blind runner thru the Buffalo marathon. Great job McDumbass.

Hearing on the radio they might fire the equipment manager too. Ross Tucker just tweeted "Bills getting rid of the wrong people...".

147 posts "getting rid of XXX is a disgrace", somewhat sounds as though you have personal skin in the game.

It's admirable that he trained a blind marathoner, but his day job was to craft nutrition programs for NFL players. McDermott is, indeed, entitled - entitled to look at every part of the program and if it isn't being done the way he wants, bring in people who will do it the way he wants.

When you got a DLman who looks like a roly-poly pudding and a up-and-coming RB who shows up like a blimp and can't be slimmed down, maybe it's not Liburd's fault but it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement either.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol "chaplain."

I hate that the NFL is so obviously Christian in just about every way. What does religion have to do with football?

Players face crisis at any time. Imagine being on an away game and finding out your parents just died. Now do you see the need for a chaplain? Edited by Bill_with_it

as I recall, it was reported that Marrone wanted to make changes to the S&C staff but he didn't have the power over that at the time, it went through the GM.

Yeah I remember hearing something like that too, now that you mention it.

So I did a quick Google search and found this -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/24/report-bills-coaches-want-changes-to-the-training-staff/

It appears you were right.

Players face crisis at any time. Imagine being on an away game and finding out your parents just died. Now do you see the need for a chaplain?

Lots of people have jobs that require travel. Their companies don't usually have a "corporate chaplain" travel with them, though.

Lots of people have jobs that require travel. Their companies don't usually have a "corporate chaplain" travel with them, though.

Kust curious but do those corporations only have 1-2 people that can do a specific job that could change that corporations ability to be successful? How many of these corporations are there in the world? Are they as unique as an NFL club.

People keep comparing an NFL team to corporations or trying to liken them to a regular buisness. Its not nor will ever be and cant be mistake as such. Yes some principles still apply as it would a regular buisness but the dynamics of an NFL franchise is much more so than that of a buisness its almost as if you are thinking solely in a vacuum.

Kust curious but do those corporations only have 1-2 people that can do a specific job that could change that corporations ability to be successful? How many of these corporations are there in the world? Are they as unique as an NFL club.

People keep comparing an NFL team to corporations or trying to liken them to a regular buisness. Its not nor will ever be and cant be mistake as such. Yes some principles still apply as it would a regular buisness but the dynamics of an NFL franchise is much more so than that of a buisness its almost as if you are thinking solely in a vacuum.

This is very true. Although, it doesnt make a team chaplain any less worthless.

Players face crisis at any time. Imagine being on an away game and finding out your parents just died. Now do you see the need for a chaplain?

I'd much prefer for the organization to have a licensed therapist or psychiatrist/psychologist on staff than a religious figure.

Edited by eball

This sets the standard that no one is special and the new guy in town runs the program. I believe he has an excellent head on his shoulders and sets a great tone that change is good. Maybe Darius will take note and eat better and behave. Young, new and cocky is what we need. Good by good old boys. Even McDonalds went to fresh meat on the quarter pounder.

A friend of mine who worked for the bills like 5 years ago said he was getting texts this morning, and that like everyone there is on edge. It seems like the first of many steps in removing a ton of dead weight within the front office.

That's awesome. It sounds like they are doing now what they should have done as soon as Pegs took over. I'm stoked.

A friend of mine who worked for the bills like 5 years ago said he was getting texts this morning, and that like everyone there is on edge. It seems like the first of many steps in removing a ton of dead weight within the front office.

This team needs to continue its overhaul IMHO.

yeah - they fired him on his birthday... lifetime bills fan. Now he's a pats fan. Can't say i blame him.

Then he was never a fan of the Bills. Good thing they got rid of him.....

I'd much prefer for the organization to have a licensed therapist or psychiatrist/psychologist on staff than a religious figure.

Why either/or? Why not both?

A very high percentage of NFL players identify strongly as Christian - I heard something like 70-75%. They are asked to forego regular church services during the season for games, why not provide them with a chaplain or pastor?

The Bills haven't had a really effective strength and conditioning coach since Mike Mularkey canned Rusty Jones. For no reason except he wanted his own guy. Then Mularkey promptly fled and we were left with guys who were never as good as Jones.

Someone was doing something right last year to keep McCoy and his tender hamstrings intact. Other than that, the Bills didn't seem any more physical than other teams. Not like the early 90s when they could physically wear out the other guys.