trade value

Shady is the best player with the smallest dead cap hit. I wouldn't trade him because it would be yet another self inflicted hole in our roster.

Shady is the best player with the smallest dead cap hit. I wouldn't trade him because it would be yet another self inflicted hole in our roster.

I dont think a 30yr old runningback has any trade value

If it's player for player trade I'd be ok with it but Whaley is not good at drafting, so we'll trade our best asset and hope the guy who isn't good at drafting all of a sudden becomes good? I don't like our odds.

I dont think the Bills should trade any players unless blown away. I'm just curious as to peoples opinions.. Whaley has drafted a little better than he gets credit for.

Good thing he doesn't turn 29 until July! Better pounce on the trade before he loses all his value next year!

No team at his age and salary would ever trade for him. He has no value on the trade market. To think otherwise is foolish.

Lots of RB talent in this draft, Gillesse and another good young RB would be worth the cap space. I absolutely love Shady but this team is at least 2 years away from contending for a wildcard spot. If you can get a 3rd or 4th for Shady I think you do it in a heartbeat.

I would rather have Kiko right now, I think McD would use him like Luke K. It's easy to find a RB that can rush for 1,200 yds but it's hard to find a LB that can cover, Pressure and tackle well.

No team at his age and salary would ever trade for him. He has no value on the trade market. To think otherwise is foolish.

Listen, you asked the question. I'm sorry you didn't like the answer. Anyone else on this roster with trade value either creates too large of a hole, or costs too much in dead cap to even consider trading. Next time don't ask questions if you're already an expert on the material.

That's tough. Almost every player has a negative issue to along with their good points.

Sammy I guess. But if he doesn't have a breakout year, hard to throw big $$$ at him when his contract's 5th year option come up.

Shaq would most likely have the highest trade value. Sammy is too big an injury risk and coming up on his option year..not worth it. Shaq is under cost control for 4 more years. Darby may hold similar value..could trade for him and have two more years under cost control...starting corners hard to come by.

Lots of RB talent in this draft, Gillesse and another good young RB would be worth the cap space. I absolutely love Shady but this team is at least 2 years away from contending for a wildcard spot. If you can get a 3rd or 4th for Shady I think you do it in a heartbeat.

I would rather have Kiko right now, I think McD would use him like Luke K. It's easy to find a RB that can rush for 1,200 yds but it's hard to find a LB that can cover, Pressure and tackle well.

Kiko can run and cover when healthy(considering he has missed a lot of time due to injury), but he can't shed blocks and he does miss tackles. He also guesses a lot and if he guesses wrong then there is a hole left open for opposing RB's.

In that case, having just gone back and read most of your past posts, I would think you would find tremendous value in Shady

I'm going to go with something outside of the box, Eric Wood. The Seahawks traded Max Unger(basically the same age and similar credentials as Eric Wood IE. Pro Bowl appearances) for Jimmy Graham a top 3 receiving TE at the time in a package deal of course to the saints. I know we may overrate him as fans but he seemed to be playing well last year before his leg injury and made the pro-bowl the year before.

Edited by Captain Murica

Who is the player on this team with the most trade value?, and would you trade that player? I think the obvious answer is Watkins, and there's no way I trade him unless its a big offer.

The players who are the best or are great values would fetch the most. That's not really who a team should be looking to trade though. Players who are about to fall off production-wise and become poor values contract-wise, players who don't fit the new scheme or players that are likely to leave soon are the best candidates for trade. Kyle is one that would make sense. A Super Bowl contender might need a DT at some point and be glad to get a quality one year rental. He's almost certainly going to retire or move on after 2017 anyway. Ragland might not be a good scheme fit and he'd be cheap so he'd have some value. There are obviously other players that would fetch more than either of these two, but they wouldn't really make sense to trade.

It's easy to find a RB that can rush for 1,200 yds. but it's hard to find a LB that can cover, Pressure and tackle well.

FYI...There were only six others in the league last year.

Do you think there are more than 7 linebackers that fit your description?

Just like RB by committee there are LB corps by committee. Thumpers on run situations, and athletes on third down.