Sounds like LB early is a possibility

billspro

McDermott said as of now Alexander and Humber are starting OLBs and Ragland is starting MLB. Preston is a backup right now. Reddick is a real possibility at 10 if that is the case. The LB out of Vandy could be a possibility in a trade down scenario. I think Reddick would be the best fit for this D in the entire draft.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills coach Sean McDermott says Ramon Humber and Lorenzo Alexander are currently slated to be his outside linebackers in 4-3 defense. That's a jump for Humber, who was almost exclusively a special teams player last season for Buffalo.

Also on Mike Rodak's twitter

Mock if you must but on the few snaps he got last year, Humber played WILB pretty well.

I'd rather add a starter and keep him in reserve but it's no secret that I like the guy.

I agree he did play well last year in his limited snaps. I could live with him as a starter. There is no doubt that position at least needs competition though.

Or maybe he's trying to let Zach Brown know we have a starting spot open for him if he wants to re-sign here. Yet with Preston being his main supporter to re-signing here it might prove difficult.

That is very possible as well.

I wonder if there is a metric on player rotation during a game and whether that has increased in recent years.

To me, being the "starter" means less and less with the increased interest of teams rotating in players often to fit a certain play, scheme, point in the game, or just rest.

I don't think any of these linebackers are going to necessarily be on the field all the time. You'll see a heavy rotation of players at each of the three spots.

I don't see the Bills drafting the classically defined "linebacker." I foresee them drafting a strong safety they can convert to LB.

I don't see the Bills drafting the classically defined "linebacker." I foresee them drafting a strong safety they can convert to LB.

I have toyed with a scenario where they ask Jamal Adams to bulk up to the 220-225 range and let him be a short area terror playing WLB.

Other guys I could see are Montae Nicholson, Rayshawn Jenkins, Nate Gerry.

I have toyed with a scenario where they ask Jamal Adams to bulk up to the 220-225 range and let him be a short area terror playing WLB.

Other guys I could see are Montae Nicholson, Rayshawn Jenkins, Nate Gerry.

what about Peppers in that scenario? The guy excelled at that position in college.