Sounds like LB early is a possibility

billspro

Of course. I'll have to look in to Davis more. Someone told me he would be a great mike in McDermott's scheme. Will look into what you mentioned.

Of course highlights don't tell the whole story. Dude looks solid though

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. I'll have to look in to Davis more. Someone told me he would be a great mike in McDermott's scheme. Will look into what you mentioned.

The reason I like him more as a Sam, especially vs the run, is that it'll be a tad more edge setting than taking on blocks full-on. He can violently stack no problem, just really inconsistent with shedding. It's a similar thing with Zach Cunningham as well, they both love taking on the physical contest.

He does look a little tight-hipped at times (which is why I'm inclined to believe the 3-cone) so playing Mike for the Bills might be better vs the pass. Same reason I'd rather have Reggie at Mike, limits the amount of movement he has to do.

The reason I like him more as a Sam, especially vs the run, is that it'll be a tad more edge setting than taking on blocks full-on. He can violently stack no problem, just really inconsistent with shedding. It's a similar thing with Zach Cunningham as well, they both love taking on the physical contest.

He does look a little tight-hipped at times (which is why I'm inclined to believe the 3-cone) so playing Mike for the Bills might be better vs the pass. Same reason I'd rather have Reggie at Mike, limits the amount of movement he has to do.

And that person hated Cunningham. I haven't spent much time on linebackers because I don't want one in the first 2 rounds.

I have toyed with a scenario where they ask Jamal Adams to bulk up to the 220-225 range and let him be a short area terror playing WLB.

Other guys I could see are Montae Nicholson, Rayshawn Jenkins, Nate Gerry.

would probably have Peepers do that instead, would be a waste of Adams to put him at LB

@salsports

Just went back and listened closely to what Sean McDermott said about MLB. I do NOT believe he said what many others do re: Ragland....

IMO McDermott did NOT say Ragland will start at MLB. He said "we'll start at middle LB," meaning that's where he will line up to begin OTAs

He definitely praised Ragland's leadership and IQ, but sounds to me like he said "we'll start (with him) at MLB," not "will start at MLB"...

..and that's when he also talked about Preston being "in the same mold" and how the position will be fun to watch. It will be a competition

Edited by YoloinOhio

@salsports

Just went back and listened closely to what Sean McDermott said about MLB. I do NOT believe he said what many others do re: Ragland....

IMO McDermott did NOT say Ragland will start at MLB. He said "we'll start at middle LB," meaning that's where he will line up to begin OTAs

He definitely praised Ragland's leadership and IQ, but sounds to me like he said "we'll start (with him) at MLB," not "will start at MLB"...

..and that's when he also talked about Preston being "in the same mold" and how the position will be fun to watch. It will be a competition

Heard this on the way home. Came here to post it. Of course you beat me to it.

Makes total sense. When training camp starts, Ragland will be a MLB. But they may move him around from there. All there is to it. No "starters" have been named.

Makes total sense. When training camp starts, Ragland will be a MLB. But they may move him around from there. All there is to it. No "starters" have been named.

Spent 3 picks on him to play mike. Might as well see what he can do.

That's what I heard as well, but it has been fun watching people over react. He did not say Lorenzo and Ramon were starters either. They are clearly not done with LB yet.

I thought so

I had a good laugh considering Humber as our starting OLB

Message board talk aside I see no reason why OLB and DT will not be on the Bills draft radar

Yes, we have bodies, but you're not just looking at 2017 need, but 2017-2022 and beyond

When Lorenzo and Kyle will likely be retired

jc