Sheep, ever try it?

boyst

I am considering acquiring sheep, as they eat a lot of weeds, have many uses and most importantly you can eat them.

They're usually for cultured folks who eat fancy and I've never ate sheep/lamb. I know very little about them and what you can harvest so I would consult the geniuses of OTW.

Does anyone here eat it? How often? What do you think?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am considering acquiring sheep, as they eat a lot of weeds, have many uses and most importantly you can eat them.

They're usually for cultured folks who eat fancy and I've never ate sheep/lamb. I know very little about them and what you can harvest so I would consult the geniuses of OTW.

Does anyone here eat it? How often? What do you think?

Sheep tastes funny. Lamb is yummy OTOH

Just bought 2 leg of lambs yesterday; we probably eat lamb once a week or once every other week. A friend has a business so we borrowed her card and bought it from Restaurant Depot at a good price.

Fortunately being in Northern Virginia we are in area where there are a large number of stores which sell it which increases competition and reduces cost.

My wife's family is of middle eastern descent, and lamb is big in all different forms. Sadly, I've never been able to become a true fan. At times I've had to pick to be polite, and scavenge for some satisfaction.