Sidney Jones in the 5th?

He's this year's version of Jaylon Smith. Which means, as Brooklyn pointed out, means that someone (i.e. Dallas) would take him in the 2nd and let him rest up for most of the year.

Jaylon Smith has nerve damage and his injury was career threatening. Not even close.

Jaylon Smith has nerve damage and his injury was career threatening. Not even close.

I meant that even despite his injury, Jones, like Jaylon Smith last year, is still a top 10 talent. So, if he is there in the 2nd, someone will still take him, even if it there's a possibility that he might not be able to play this yuear.

Yeah, you run to the podium in the 3rd if he's there. We're not good enough to have one of our top 2 picks sit... again.

I'd take him in the second (and Mahomes in the first), so I'd have our top 2 picks sitting. I think this is the ideal year to have picks sit. Not to damper anyone's dreams but we aren't competing for a Super Bowl this year. With Tyrod back it's ideal to take Mahomes in the first, and Sidney Jones would represent incredible value in the second, even with the injury, and give us a possible stud in the future. I'm always willing to take injured first round talent later ... it's the whole short term vs long term view. Long term grabbing Jones in the second would be well worth it over a guy with less talent who can start sooner.

This guy was considered a top CB before popping his Achilles at his pro day. Why not take him in the 5th, IR him for the year and let him recover? Might get a stud after he recovers. Hell move him to Safety if need be.

Lol. I'm sure we would take him in 5th if he was there. Trouble is, there's .000000000001% chance of that happening

I'd take him in rd 3 for sure and I'd be happy if he was our pick in rd 2

Edited by NewEra

I'd take him in the second (and Mahomes in the first), so I'd have our top 2 picks sitting. I think this is the ideal year to have picks sit. Not to damper anyone's dreams but we aren't competing for a Super Bowl this year. With Tyrod back it's ideal to take Mahomes in the first, and Sidney Jones would represent incredible value in the second, even with the injury, and give us a possible stud in the future. I'm always willing to take injured first round talent later ... it's the whole short term vs long term view. Long term grabbing Jones in the second would be well worth it over a guy with less talent who can start sooner.

If we were rebuilding, then I don't think Taylor, possibly McCoy, Wood, or Williams would be on the roster. Although he did it last year, I think the pressure on Whaley is currently enough that taking good value players who have to sit a while is akin to him using his rent money to paint the walls -- he's gonna get evicted and then someone else is gonna move in and get the benefit of a newly painted apartment.