Make your case for drafting a player. I am 100% objective.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whassup OC! I hope all is well. :)

I would like to see them draft Watson, the qb from Clemson at #10. I wouldn't want them to move up because Whaley has already tossed numerous draft picks down the sewer.

If he is gone I would love to see a trade down. I hope someone corrects me if I am wrong but I am under the impression that the top 10 picks give teams an extra year with that player. If I am correct, a case can be made that top 10 picks are of high value.

So, I would trade down a max. of 10 spots and draft the bpa from the choices of OL, pass rusher, and wide receiver. If they think that a TE or LB is a great player and he is on the board, I would be ok with it.

That said, history tells us we will chase a corner to patch this huge hole we are supposed to have now that we are rid of Gilmore and his cap hit.

if the board looks like expected, I'd as soon get Howard. Not a fan of it just better chance he will be successful. He is a 8-9 yr type who will be as good as jay remieismsmamsmamamama at the very least.

I'd take Watson if we traded back.

I remember when Brandon Pettigrew was that guy.... and when Eric Ebron was that guy... and when Dustin Keller was that guy

What you stated can be said for many players at every position in every sport.

All first round players have a 5th year option (the Bills exercised it with Gilmore and declined with EJ most recently).

In terms of this thread there are a handful of guys that you could make a pretty strong case for. I'll make a case for a guy that hasn't been mentioned - Malik Hooker. Hooker has consistently been compared to Ed Reed in terms of skill set. He is a crazy athlete and still a little raw. His range on the back end will cover other holes in the secondary. Hooker's ball skills and playmaking abilities are elite. Exhibit A:

I gave up on hooker. He won't be there. :(

deshaun watson. let him fight with tyrod.

I found a twitter site with stat charts and Mahomes looks much better on accuracy with the long ball and under pressure. Some of the differences are surprisingly in Mahomes' favor. Now I know that Watson faced better competition, but when you consider that Mahomes throws with much more velocity than Watson, it's hard for me to put Watson ahead of Mahomes in terms of who's the better QB prospect in the NFL.

There's a lot of stuff here on many QB prospects...

https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/818697227485007872/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Edited by 1billsfan

Wide Receiver. We do not have a true #3 on this team. I want a guy who can push to be a legit threat opposite Watkins and can take over is Watkins thinks he is worth 20 mill per year or some stupid crap when his contract is up. I want a DB in round 2

IMO, these threads are more fun when we talk about Day 2-3 prospects, because they're the guys that teams need to convince themselves to draft.

So in that light, I'll throw out one of my favorite Day 2 prospects...

Every team should consider Howard Wilson, the cornerback from Houston, as solid starting material.

He has a coveted combination of size and length, and is an extremely fluid athlete (he finished 3rd amongst combine attendees in the 3-cone, and 2nd in short shuttle). He can flip his hips and pattern match in press, and shows excellent awareness and aggressiveness in off coverages. He has outstanding range and short-area quickness, so he can transition and close on underneath plays reliably, and he does--he's a very willing tackler.

Wilson also has very good ball skills--he's able to win in contested ball situations even against tough receivers. He was responsible for 7 takeaways as a senior.

If you don't have him on your board, then shame on you.

Damn you Bandit. He is not on my board.... and that means I have another one to go back and look at. :doh:

Kirby, could this be what I was thinking of? Is this thought of to be good or bad for the team (not the player)?

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2016/4/20/11466728/2016-nfl-draft-just-how-valuable-is-the-fifth-year-option-for-first

It could be Bill (and that is a very interesting article). I think that the theory is that the 5th year option is good for the team. Gilmore is probably a good example. He was paid well last year but below what he would have gotten in FA. It buys the team some time.

Davis. Reasoning:

• He provides a 2nd WR weapon, and with Watkins injury history, is a no-brainer. If Watkins goes down again, without another top WR, we're toast
  • If we really want to find out if Tyrod is the QB moving forward, we have to give him the weapons to work with
  • He's faster than Mike WIlliams, as big and has the all-time WR yards record in NCAA. You can tell me that's because he's from a small school, but so was Moss and he saw a lot of doubles being the teams only weapon
  • The teams other major need (secondary) has really deep talent in this draft, You can get a 1st rid CB or Safety in rd 2 and a 2nd rd talent in Rd 3
  • RT is also a need, but you don't take one at pick #10

I could be talked into Howard, though his college stats and lack of "love for football" worry me, and I certainly could be talked into a trade down

I doubt it too.

can we plant some coke and put a body in his trunk?

IMO, these threads are more fun when we talk about Day 2-3 prospects, because they're the guys that teams need to convince themselves to draft.

Every team should consider Howard Wilson, the cornerback from Houston, as solid starting material.

He has a coveted combination of size and length, and is an extremely fluid athlete (he finished 3rd amongst combine attendees in the 3-cone, and 2nd in short shuttle). He can flip his hips and pattern match in press, and shows excellent awareness and aggressiveness in off coverages. He has outstanding range and short-area quickness, so he can transition and close on underneath plays reliably, and he does--he's a very willing tackler.

Wilson also has very good ball skills--he's able to win in contested ball situations even against tough receivers. He was responsible for 7 takeaways as a senior.

I am sorry I missed this until I saw someone else reply.

This is the same thing folks said about josh Norman from coastal Carolina, James Bradberry from Samford (I think?) And Daryl Worley from wvu. And all ended up in Carolina and successful with MCD. Worely and bradberry are young but I have to hope they'll continue to improve. They got no praise similar to Darby as a rookie over Marcus overrated peters.

Both will make the pro bowl. And while I'm not going to quit on Seymour whilst we have seen so little I just don't think he was a s good of prospect. He is an ideal outside boundary 3rd corner which is seldom used, when you'd have your #1 on the slot or inside guy like we did with Beckham

We have enough needs (QB, WR, TE, OT, LB, CB, S) that I think trading down still would be the best scenario, regardless of who is still on the board at #10.

Trading down from #10 to the #15-20 range could easily net us another 2nd Round pick. And we still may get one of the guys we wanted at #10.

Alright, I will bite.

Lorenzo Jerome, S, St. Francis

He is a small school kid so naturally that scares people. I thought that he looked like he belonged in the Sr. Bowl (that is an understatement). He is a playmaker that will be under-drafted for no other reason than "he went to St. Francis." Jerome is a good football player. Some guys just make plays because they have really good instincts. That is how I felt about the Honey Badger and that is kind of how I feel about Jerome.

can we plant some coke and put a body in his trunk?

I am afraid it would still require a trade up. To quote the GOAT "his ceiling is the roof." Hooker was a basketball player in high school and is really still developing as a football player. He just has freakish athleticism and instincts. There are a handful of guys that I would be thrilled with at 10 and he is one of them. Plus, I want to buy my fiancé a Hooker jersey.