Mayock updates his top 5 by position for draft - 3/21/

yungmack

I have the PFF Draft guide (which is REALLY good, by the way). They had Kizer suffering 21 drops at a 5.8% drop rate. Higher than Watson, Mahomes & Trubisky.

Kizer's adjusted completion rate was 68% (ruling out drops, throw-aways etc.) which was way behind the other top 3.

Boom! Thanks for posting Blokes 👍 I was just going off of memory.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boom! Thanks for posting Blokes I was just going off of memory.

Not a problem. I've been nerding out with all of their advanced stats for the past few days.

Been looking for ways to justify my place on #TeamKizer but it didn't really help much. Love the kid but he's a bunch of different What If's and maybes at the moment.

Not a problem. I've been nerding out with all of their advanced stats for the past few days.

Been looking for ways to justify my place on #TeamKizer but it didn't really help much. Love the kid but he's a bunch of different What If's and maybes at the moment.

Lonely train to nowhere that one Blokes.

I don't hate Kizer. His tape is mixed. I actually have a 2nd round grade on him but a bit like Paxton Lynch last year beyond just evaluating the tape there is something about him that makes me uneasy that I just can't put my finger on.

So while I have a higher grade on Kizer than Mahomes based on what I saw on film, if the Bills were going to take a shot on either in the 1st I'd rather it be Mahomes.

Get real, Mahomes isn't getting past the Texans at #25.

The Bills will end up looking stupid (down the road) if they pass on him at #10. He's the best QB prospect in this draft and it's not close.

I fear this as well. DW doesn't want to risk his job taking a QB early so we'll end up with some 5th round longshot and sign the Chase Daniels of the world to "compete" with TT

I fear this as well. DW doesn't want to risk his job taking a QB early so we'll end up with some 5th round longshot and sign the Chase Daniels of the world to "compete" with TT

I see it a different way. I think he has to take a QB, and take one early. Whaley and company just pushed Taylor towards a bridge deal, that bridge needs to lead somewhere and fast. Doug is fortunate to have another chance, part of that is Rex being such a clown and the Pegula's probably harbor some guilt for their role in the hiring.

Just my opinion of course but so far so good. Bridge deal = QB at 10. Whaley has another shot, he would be a fool to keep the bullet in the chamber.

I don't hate Kizer. His tape is mixed. I actually have a 2nd round grade on him but a bit like Paxton Lynch last year beyond just evaluating the tape there is something about him that makes me uneasy that I just can't put my finger on.

So while I have a higher grade on Kizer than Mahomes based on what I saw on film, if the Bills were going to take a shot on either in the 1st I'd rather it be Mahomes.

I watched every game over the last two seasons and there are a couple of things that make me uneasy at times too. Sometimes he just doesn't see the open guy. Not sure if it is how the play is run or he just doesn't consistently see the whole field. His footwork and decisions at times were also something that could obviously be improved. The young man is a gamer though. He usually played well in the 4th with games on the line, even though the defense would turn around and give most of those games away.

How is this for coming up big in your first college game?https://youtu.be/y0htsUV9L3o

Dropped a dime on Fuller with the game on the line and less than 20 seconds to go.

This is the same guy that touted Mallet for BB, he does favors. Overall I like his stuff and enjoy when he calls games but take everything with a grain.

Honestly, it's hard to get past his speech impediment..

Yeah. He shows good decision making at times. I like his competitiveness. Other than that, the kid needs a lot of work.

I wouldn't mind him or Peterman after the 3rd. If Mahomes is still there in the 3rd, I might take him there, based on who's still available, because of his upside.

Whaley needs to try for starters in the first 3 rounds. Should be doable at WR, OL, and DB.

Give him a break--he just drafted 3 day one starters a year ago..

I fully understand that logic. Hell, I might even agree with that.

I saw that PFF had Kizer as the No. 1 QB in passer rating from play action and like 60-something without. It just affirms my belief that most of his troubles are due to his footwork and that PA sort of regulates(?) that aspect. His peaks are higher than any QB in the class but he's just not in rhythm enough as a passer to be consistent at this point.

He's only just 21 so I believe that growth is possible for him in the right situation. As H2o was stating, I don't think Brian Kelly did anything good for him and I'll choose to believe in his raw talent. Just don't use a 1st on him and I'll be good with it.

I think Whaley has had enough of drafting for need. This happens to be the perfect draft opportunity for us to land some great NFL players.

I think the hardest positions to grade are QB, and then linemen on both sides. We don't need to take any of those spots this year.

(i think Groy will elevate his game even more and win RT job in camp.)

So we finalize our draft board in these past few weeks here, and go get the talent we need to build a strong defense that can hold up to Brady, Ajayi, Big Ben etc.

I'm hoping for zero qb's to be picked before us, because it will help our chances for a trade back. Either way, this will be Whaley's most important draft, he needs to get it right. No room for Kujo's or EJ's on this one.

I'm hoping for zero qb's to be picked before us, because it will help our chances for a trade back. Either way, this will be Whaley's most important draft, he needs to get it right. No room for Kujo's or EJ's on this one.

He needs a slam dunk. Agreed.

Got to love how rankings change with no games being played

Yep, it's amazing.

Better than over drafting an air raid QB with abysmal mechanics in the first round.

Yep, it's amazing.

Better than over drafting an air raid QB with abysmal mechanics in the first round.

Yeah, let's find a pro style QB. Let's just jump in a time machine and go back 15 years where we can use a fullback. Oh wait, we have fullbacks...