Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor was playing with a groin injury through most of the 2016 season.

When healthy T T is a different QB...

What dies a healthy groin have to do with his ability to see an open WR or throw the ball in anticipation?

I'm not saying TT wasn't slowed down by it, just that the areas that need improvement should have little to do with a pulled groin.

If it does, then why was he on the field?

What dies a healthy groin have to do with his ability to see an open WR or throw the ball in anticipation?

I'm not saying TT wasn't slowed down by it, just that the areas that need improvement should have little to do with a pulled groin.

If it does, then why was he on the field?

no sir, healthy groin is not a quick fix,

I do believe however that it may have hurt Taylors game both run and pass because it forced T T to alter his style play in my humble opinion Shady.

Sure they made a huge difference in winning the last Pitt game, oh wait...SMH

I'm really flabbergasted at what you're implying here.

So now suddenly Interceptions don't matter?

Or I love what Foxx said... "not all interceptions are created equal..."

Okay... I guess I'd say that's true, but I'd also say that most of Taylor's Interceptions have come on deep throws that are the equivalent of punts hand have, if anything, been less hurtful than Interceptions thrown by the likes of Jay Cutler or (sorry... gotta do it) EJ Manuel.

As much as some of you think those of us who like Taylor twist stats to make him look better, saying Interceptions don't matter that much is one of the most bizarre ways to twist the reality of NFL QB play...

Interceptions absolutely matter... a lot.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Okay... I guess I'd say that's true, but I'd also say that most of Taylor's Interceptions have come on deep throws that are the equivalent of punts hand have, if anything, been less hurtful than Interceptions thrown by the likes of Jay Cutler or (sorry... gotta do it) EJ Manuel.

As much as some of you think those of us who like Taylor twist stats to make him look better, saying Interceptions don't matter that much is one of the most bizarre ways to twist the reality of NFL QB play...

Protecting the football does matter,

On the other hand say its 3rd and a mile, your down two scores and running out of time,

QB needs to start taking more chances as time starts winding down so going long at this point of the game for a possible INT becomes more acceptable to me.

T T needs some experience in this part of his game management IMO.

Edited by Figster

What most are trying to say is that INT's are bound to happen when you play the QB position like you're supposed to. Many good to great QB's throw more INT's than Taylor because they are more aggressive when they pass.

I would gladly trade off a few more INTs for TT to make more throws.

What most are trying to say is that INT's are bound to happen when you play the QB position like you're supposed to. Many good to great QB's throw more INT's than Taylor because they are more aggressive when they pass.

I've been saying that for over a year now.

With more passes the odds increase but it's a worthwhile risk if it gets a few more wins.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Taylor was playing with a groin injury through most of the 2016 season.

When healthy T T is a different QB...

....I agree.....a groin injury would severely hamper his ability to process the field and find open receivers......without question...............

How are you flabbergasted by what I said? I just pointed to the Pitt game because Pitt had 3 INTs while we had 1 but we still lost.

Would you say that those same QBs would be better with fewer interceptions?

How are you flabbergasted by what I said? I just pointed to the Pitt game because Pitt had 3 INTs while we had 1 but we still lost.

Yeah... interceptions, just like passing yards, just like rushing yards, just like passing TDs, aren't the only influence in winning.

There are reasons we lost that Steelers game. One of the only reasons we were even almost in it was because Big Ben kept throwing picks.

Yes, we could have just kept Fitz. He was REAL good at that sort of thing.

Turnovers are one of the most important stats in getting to the playoffs.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/interceptions-thrown-per-game

Out of the top 10 teams in least interceptions thrown, only 3 did not make the playoffs (Bills, Vikings, Bengals). Out of the bottom 10, only 2 made the playoffs (Texans, Steelers) and let's be honest the Texans didn't deserve to be there.

Going back to the 2015 season, results are similar. Only 2 of the top 10 teams failed to make the playoffs (Bills, Rams) and only 3 of the bottom 10 teams made the playoffs.

It is simply wrong to say that interceptions don't matter, or that they only matter a little. They matter a lot. The stats back it up every time.

Edited by HappyDays

Turnovers are one of the most important stats in getting to the playoffs.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/interceptions-thrown-per-game

Out of the top 10 teams in least interceptions thrown, only 3 did not make the playoffs (Bills, Vikings, Bengals). The top 2 teams are New England and Atlanta. Out of the bottom 10, only 2 made the playoffs (Texans, Steelers) and let's be honest the Texans didn't deserve to be there.

Going back to the 2015 season, results are similar. Only 2 of the top 10 teams failed to make the playoffs (Bills, Rams) and only 3 of the bottom 10 teams made the playoffs.

It is simply wrong to say that interceptions don't matter, or that they only matter a little. They matter a lot. The stats back it up every time.

It's just amazing how hypocritical some of these folks are considering that they throw out accusations of manipulating data to make Taylor look good. This is worse than that in many ways... it's taking something that everyone acknowledges is one of Taylor's greatest strengths and is pretty much universally accepted as a very important trait for a QB, and they're trying to make it seem like that trait that's pretty much universally accepted as important is actually not very important.

Backasswards is what it is. And funny. And a little sad.

You mean on his fewer than 200 passes?

But...

Again, your point?

Or are you just Trolling?

If you can't explain any of the relevance of your cryptic comments, I suspect you're just Trolling.

We're talking about the importance of interception rates so I am giving you QBs that did better than Tyrod last year.

Colin Kaepernick had a lower interception rate than Tyrod last year.

So did Cody Kessler.

Well first of all no one said interceptions are the only important thing, just that you can't downplay them. I for one think Kaepernick would have been signed weeks ago if not for his protest. Kessler had low attempts but it's still impressive, and he did play much better than anyone thought he would. But I didn't say 10 out of 10 teams with low interception numbers make the playoffs, just that it correlates well. You can't deny that simple fact, all you've done is what I already did which is point out examples of teams that the correlation didn't work.

And secondly, Tyrod has 2 straight seasons of consistent ball protection. Kaepernick was a pick-6 king before this year and Kessler was a rookie. It's fair to question whether their low rate will stay the same. 2 consecutive seasons of low interceptions tells me that is a strength of Tyrod's. One more season of the same would reallt solidify it.

Would you say that those same QBs would be better with fewer interceptions?

Yeah... interceptions, just like passing yards, just like rushing yards, just like passing TDs, aren't the only influence in winning.

There are reasons we lost that Steelers game. One of the only reasons we were even almost in it was because Big Ben kept throwing picks.

They would be worse if they left plays on the field because they didn't want to risk getting picked.

consecutive seasons of low interceptions tells me that is a strength of Tyrod's. One more season of the same would reallt solidify it.

Not throwing the ball = 1-6 vs .500 teams.

Who cares. He must improve or he's another Keenum, Osweiler, Tannenhill, Simien of the world.

Show me the money Taylor. Or chop off another 10 million and backup Cardale or "QB X"

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Wait...

So you're telling me that QBs are actually great because they throw interceptions?

Qb's who threw more int's that Tyrod last year.

Matt Ryan

Aaron Rogers

Russell Wilson

Brees

Big Ben.

Stafford

Mariota

Jameis

Luck

He stinks bruh. Pick a diff bills player to Stan. Sometimes you have to throw the ball instead of chanelling Trent Edwards.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

...until such time this club achieves offensive balance and versatility with numerous ways to win, forget it.....load the box with 8+ and we need to rely on the passing game....cannot.....key on the (non-existent) passing game, and we don't win with "run or done"....until such time that TT masters (we're talking re-training the brain) scanning the entire field versus "I got wheels" mindset as the continual bailout, schedule your tee times in late December/early January accordingly....

Matt Ryan

Aaron Rogers

Russell Wilson

Brees

Big Ben.

he stinks bruh.

It's amazing how people will twist themselves into pretzels to sell a bridge QB placeholder as more than he is. Tyrod has been in the league 6 years. He is what he is.

Not throwing the ball = 1-6 vs .500 teams.

Who cares. He must improve or he's another Keenum, Osweiler, Tannenhill, Simien of the world.

Show me the money Taylor. Or chop off another 10 million and backup Cardale or "QB X"

Well, yeah. He has to show more this year than he did last year. I don't think a single person in my camp disagrees with that.

Matt Ryan

Aaron Rogers

Russell Wilson

Brees

Big Ben.

Stafford

Mariota

Jameis

Luck

He stinks bruh. Pick a diff bills player to Stan. Sometimes you have to throw the ball instead of chanelling Trent Edwards.

I, uh, don't think you know what the word "rate" means.

Edited by HappyDays

Well, yeah. He has to show more this year than he did last year. I don't think a single person in my camp disagrees with that.

Amen happy. Not sure everyone in the camp agrees though. Too many still on the defense and wr's fault kick.

Qb at 10 should light a fire under his arse. Fight or flight time. Show me the money.

I just think it's funny because by that stat Tyrod is more reckless :lol:

As to the rest, he ran the plays that were called.

It's just amazing how hypocritical some of these folks are considering that they throw out accusations of manipulating data to make Taylor look good. This is worse than that in many ways... it's taking something that everyone acknowledges is one of Taylor's greatest strengths and is pretty much universally accepted as a very important trait for a QB, and they're trying to make it seem like that trait that's pretty much universally accepted as important is actually not very important.

Backasswards is what it is. And funny. And a little sad.

My god look in the mirror skip! You were the one fabricating and manipulating Tyrods 2015 stats into what you said were "HOF" worthy numbers. Who's the hypocrite!