Bills Likely Pick- Wide Receiver at #10 and Beyond

Why do Bills fans want a #2 WR when there is a LB being called one of the best LBs to ever come out possibly there? Reuben Foster will be the leader of our defense for 10 years. He is the LB we have been waiting for. I also like Adams. If Adams and Foster are gone then you look to trade down.

Like it

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much does a first round draft pick cost you as compared to Gilmore?

who likely did not want to be here.

You cannot retain every successful draft pick.

If at ten you can find CB that can start and likely play well soon? You might want to pick him at ten. and in about four years, pick another one

I understand you can't retain all your talented home grown players, but that should be the goal. Yes a rookie will be cheaper than Gilmore, but there is a chance the rookie could bust. Also, instead of filling another hole in the roster with the pick, we have to replace a position that was already set last season. Hence the spinning wheels. Eventually the goal has to be able to retain good players. Not just pick another one after their rookie deal is up. It helps if you can be proactive and give players like Gilmore a 2-3 year extension a season or two before their final season.

Looking at Denver's offense last season under Rick Dennison they liked to spread the ball to (2) wide receivers with 281 combined targets.

In fact they had (2) receivers over 1000 yards- Emmanual Sanders and Demaryius Thomas. They did not use their TEs very much, only 57 combined targets to Green and Derby.

The Bills really have only one NFL starting quality WR currently on the roster- Sammy Watkins- and he has not shown very durable.

Corey Brown, the recent pickup from the Panthers is currently slotted as the no.2 WR but he is not very good. caught only 50% of passes thrown his way last season and will likely be on special teams duties.

Seems like a very strong possibility the Bills will go WR and #10 and beyond.

Until we have an NFL starting quality QB, the WR corps doesn't matter much.

Hyde will start,possibly Poyer. We Need a CB before Safety,imo

Agreed...But we still need a Safety...Maybe two for depth...We also need at least two more CB's IMHO...I think the difference between S and CB right now is Hyde and Poyer > Darby and Seymour...

Both a still big needs... B-)

I see Hooker and Adam's long gone by 10. I just don't think we'll pull the trigger on a 1st round QB. Somebody like Mahomes could easily drop to the 2nd round. If fans really and truly want TT to reach that next level he will need more than Sammy. Right now we have a bunch of #4 guys like Holmes, Listenbee, Butler and Brown. I think Corey Davis should be our next Eric Moulds. A true #2 who could even push Sammy depending on 14's health? I also wouldn't mind us trading down for OJ....

OJ going in top 15 in my opinion.

I hope it's Corey or MW, really hope it isn't Ross. I would love to trade down for Peppers as well, dude is going to be a steal- I saw Woodson play in college and while certainly not the same player or even position, he has that level of talent.

I understand you can't retain all your talented home grown players, but that should be the goal. Yes a rookie will be cheaper than Gilmore, but there is a chance the rookie could bust. Also, instead of filling another hole in the roster with the pick, we have to replace a position that was already set last season. Hence the spinning wheels. Eventually the goal has to be able to retain good players. Not just pick another one after their rookie deal is up. It helps if you can be proactive and give players like Gilmore a 2-3 year extension a season or two before their final season.

You dont think they tried to give him an extension?

I see Hooker and Adam's long gone by 10. I just don't think we'll pull the trigger on a 1st round QB. Somebody like Mahomes could easily drop to the 2nd round. If fans really and truly want TT to reach that next level he will need more than Sammy. Right now we have a bunch of #4 guys like Holmes, Listenbee, Butler and Brown. I think Corey Davis should be our next Eric Moulds. A true #2 who could even push Sammy depending on 14's health? I also wouldn't mind us trading down for OJ....

I agree that when it is all said and done...the selection at 10 is gonna be a lot more easy for us because certain players everyone wants will be gone by then.....

I think Corey Davis and OJ Howard might BOTH be on the board......at which time we might consider a slight trade down and pick back up our 4th round pick and take one of them.

EITHER of those players would help us out immediately imo

Listenbee, like most 5th round picks probably won't be an impact player if he makes the team at all.

I'd love to see Corey Davis, we haven't had a great YAC guy in a long time here. I think we will be desperately trying to trade down and grab another 2nd round pick, but if not I see us going dback in first 2 out of 3 picks

I think it's definitely a possibility, but the bottom line is they'll set up their board, see who. Gets plucked in the first 9, and at 10 they'll evaluate whether it's WR, CB, S as they are in need in each area, and see who is the best at the position. It would be foolish to force a WR if there is a better CB or S available.

this is where the thread should have ended

It's fairly evident that the Bills are NOT going to draft a WR in R1 after having signed Holmes, Brown, and Butler. Could they use one, sure, but the bottom line is that they have major needs on defense that must be filled as a higher priority.

They have major needs at CB and LB and even at S. They need more depth at DT as well.

I expect the Bills to trade down from #10 overall. There should be at least a few takers since they will a lot of very good players available at that spot, including a potential franchise QB.

With only six draft picks and a whole lot of needs I'm not sure that the Bills have much choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea those 3 receivers they signed really shored up the WR core.

I could see them going any position outside of offensive line..... the only position that will make a difference long term for this franchise is QB which is what I'm hoping they do if a good one is there.

Not ideal,and maybe not "shored" up,but they were PAID FA's. And we currently have 9 WR on the roster. If we go WR first, I will puke...especially since its either a broken necked,broken footed,or Goodwin clone. I Will be off the Whaley Wagon for good if that happens. We NEED a WLB,CB...period. Before anything else imo...unless Allen falls,at which point im still leary of injury reports

And I wouldnt touch a QB at 10 either. Its TT,vet,Jones this year. Build what we can this year,land a QB next year.

Edited by BuffAlone