Jealous people

Ice bowl 67

I have to vent. I really shouldn't let this stuff bother me but does anyone else get people that are jealous of you after you go on vacation somewhere? I just went to Arizona on vacation and my first day back at work I had a few coworkers that didn't ask about my vacation or would give me the cold shoulder. One in particular said where do you get all the money to go there. She asked me did your parents pay for it and I responded I haven't had someone pay my way since 2009 going on vacation. I know she is in debt and has to work 2 jobs because of it so I responded I cant help it that your in debt lol and walked away. She tells me you must live at home then and I was like nope its called saving your money from working! I just hate Jealous people that try to diminish your accomplishments. This is the exact reason I got off of Facebook is it seems like people are in competiton with each other trying to brag about their accomplishments. I went to the gym yesterday too and people are real quiet toward you after you go on vacation. This behavior makes me want to get back on a plane and go back on vacation and I wouldn't miss any of these people one bit. You guys have any Jealous coworkers or friends?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you need a new place to work and/or new friends. Can't really relate to those kind of people.

Yup. So you went on vacation. What does it have to do with them? Hope you had fun.

Nearly every one of my closest coworkers are way better of than me. Like, a lot. Hot cars, nice homes, investment properties, personal airplanes, million dollar retirement funds, lasting marriages, successful children... it's hard not to feel a little envy, but I have never held any of that against them. I am inspired by them. At 43, I am the youngest guy in our engineering depth, and most of these guys will be retiring soon. I'll miss them.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Move to Buffalo.

Big thing I see at work (40years of service at GE) the young people want what I have in vacation time now that took me 30 years to get

We have a 2 week shutdown every year. This year the company is allowing everyone to take it with out pay. They can use one weeks time before shutdown and they have to save one week for after shutdown. They can use it by the day. We have people that have already missed over 40 hours this year. 70% of them turn down overtime and B word they don't make enough money. The best workers are the young immigrants that have moved to Schenectady . Strange time we live in now.

I have to vent. I really shouldn't let this stuff bother me but does anyone else get people that are jealous of you after you go on vacation somewhere? I just went to Arizona on vacation and my first day back at work I had a few coworkers that didn't ask about my vacation or would give me the cold shoulder. One in particular said where do you get all the money to go there. She asked me did your parents pay for it and I responded I haven't had someone pay my way since 2009 going on vacation. I know she is in debt and has to work 2 jobs because of it so I responded I cant help it that your in debt lol and walked away. She tells me you must live at home then and I was like nope its called saving your money from working! I just hate Jealous people that try to diminish your accomplishments. This is the exact reason I got off of Facebook is it seems like people are in competiton with each other trying to brag about their accomplishments. I went to the gym yesterday too and people are real quiet toward you after you go on vacation. This behavior makes me want to get back on a plane and go back on vacation and I wouldn't miss any of these people one bit. You guys have any Jealous coworkers or friends?

So you have a job, go on vacation, save money and work out at the gym??? I hate you.

Just kidding - people will inevitably compare what they have to others. Some people aspire to improve their lot in life...others want overnight success or get angry when things aren't given to them. Facebook is nothing but one big collection of LAMPs. You're doing it the right way. Keep working and aspiring to succeed and live your life. Surround yourself with people who take an interest in you so long as you show interest in them...it's a two way street.

I think you might be looking at it the wrong way, ice. Its probably just your horrible personality, and has nothing to do with Arizona.

Youve changed since you got back from the dessert, man.

I mean, he does sound a little schmucky in this story too. I'm not sure it's jealousy as much as none of them liking each other and in turn being passive aggressive

(Not to be offensive to our packer friend, he seems a good guy normally but this sounds like a toxic situation all around)

Edited by NoSaint

I mean, he does sound a little schmucky in this story too. I'm not sure it's jealousy as much as none of them liking each other and in turn being passive aggressive

I wonder what type of place it is. I have always gotten along with 97% of my coworkers as we all bond over our hatred of the employer.

Even I can't relate to that level of craziness/jealousy, and I work with a bunch of women. What do you do for a living? Is it a work environment where people are just miserable in general?

It is. Everybody is stressed out and hates their job.

I think you might be looking at it the wrong way, ice. Its probably just your horrible personality, and has nothing to do with Arizona.

Sorry for venting or if it came off the wrong way.

Youve changed since you got back from the dessert, man.

I apologize for venting guys. I know I shouldn't let it bother me.

It is. Everybody is stressed out and hates their job.

Pick the one who is the biggest pain in your a$&, and furthest away from your work space (this is important). Buy a quarter pound of raw shrimp, and hide it somewhere in their work area. Make sure to leave it in an open plastic bag. Sit back and enjoy sweet, sweet revenge. In about 24 hours their work space will have a pungent odor, and they will go mad trying to find the source of the stench.

Pick the one who is the biggest pain in your a$&, and furthest away from your work space (this is important). Buy a quarter pound of raw shrimp, and hide it somewhere in their work area. Make sure to leave it in an open plastic bag. Sit back and enjoy sweet, sweet revenge. In about 24 hours their work space will have a pungent odor, and they will go mad trying to find the source of the stench.

Flawless plan unless he works next to:

Then IceBowl is doomed!

Move to Buffalo.

Big thing I see at work (40years of service at GE) the young people want what I have in vacation time now that took me 30 years to get

We have a 2 week shutdown every year. This year the company is allowing everyone to take it with out pay. They can use one weeks time before shutdown and they have to save one week for after shutdown. They can use it by the day. We have people that have already missed over 40 hours this year. 70% of them turn down overtime and B word they don't make enough money. The best workers are the young immigrants that have moved to Schenectady . Strange time we live in now.

Exactly.

Caution: Old Guy rant ahead...

I have been going @ it for almost 30 years (on swing shift too) and have another good 20 left. We all pissed and moaned when we were young and they abused us for our labor... Every generation complains about the previous/next... But pay Your dues! We have the younger 30/20 year old crowd that doesn't want to... Or they seem not to want to. They want it all now and burn their leave as fast as they get it. Then they wonder why they have no leave in "the bank"... No "insurance policy" when they get old. Everybody gets old. I keep the max 240 hours vacation leave on books carry-over every year and have almost 2,000 hours sick leave. 2,080 is one full year. I only burn my what I earn now, 208 hours is "use or lose." It took 15 years to get to max leave earned and it took many years of not using leave.

The Youngins burn it as fast as they get it... Then complain. Some know that they can ask for sick leave donations too! WTF!

I understand everybody has bad luck... Legit cases for leave donations, which I routinely give my odd vacation hours at end of year away (can only donate annual/vacation leave, NOT sick leave).

Some don't understand that it takes a lifetime of not so pleasant choices... For 3 decades I have been working shift work, missing holidays, Christmas mornings, family events with closest friends and family over 500 miles away.

Everybody makes choices... Simply don't begrudge and live your own life as best as you can.