McDonalds Double Most Nutritious Food In History?

Dante

Really??? Don't care what the numbers say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10210327/McDouble-is-cheapest-and-most-nutritious-food-in-human-history.html

Well this explains the bullshite. Can help themselves even when transitioning to the private sector. They get so used to saying up is really down and blue is really orange I guess it's just a kind of muscle memory.

"President Obama's former press secretary Robert Gibbs just got a job at McDonald's. Gibbs will be the fast food chain's PR chief. McDonald's (MCD) said thatGibbs' official title is executive vice president and global chief communications officer.Jun 9, 2015"

Edited by Dante

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10210327/McDouble-is-cheapest-and-most-nutritious-food-in-human-history.html

Well this explains the bullshite. Can help themselves even when transitioning to the private sector. They get so used to saying up is really down and blue is really orange I guess it's just a kind of muscle memory.

"President Obama's former press secretary Robert Gibbs just got a job at McDonald's. Gibbs will be the fast food chain's PR chief. McDonald's (MCD) said thatGibbs' official title is executive vice president and global chief communications officer.Jun 9, 2015"

That is funny in light of what happened yesterday

"Double' is likely an exaggeration.

But when McD's first opened in Moscow, years ago, it did represent a marked improvement over the nutrition available to the average Muscovite. And while the USSR wasn't the West, neither was it Third World. So yeah, I'd buy that McDonald's represents an increased standard of nutrition to a good percentage of the world.

"Double' is likely an exaggeration.

But when McD's first opened in Moscow, years ago, it did represent a marked improvement over the nutrition available to the average Muscovite. And while the USSR wasn't the West, neither was it Third World. So yeah, I'd buy that McDonald's represents an increased standard of nutrition to a good percentage of the world.

I'll take a apple instead.

Holy ****, really? I think someone should just continually eat these "most nutritious" burgers and see what happens to their body. Not surprising that the Freakonomics people came up with it.

They did. A science teacher ate nothing but McDonald's for 6 months... As an experiment. Guess what? They lost weight.

http://www.niashanks.com/teacher-lost-weight-eating-mcdonalds/

"Youve likely seen it. The story of a 55 year old science teacher who lost 56 pounds eating nothing but McDonalds for six months.

I ate 540 straight meals at McDonalds, John Cisna said..."

Then there is this:

http://michaelbaisden.com/man-ate-chipotle-every-day-year-prove-point-fast-food/

They did. A science teacher ate nothing but McDonald's for 6 months... As an experiment. Guess what? They lost weight.

http://www.niashanks.com/teacher-lost-weight-eating-mcdonalds/

"Youve likely seen it. The story of a 55 year old science teacher who lost 56 pounds eating nothing but McDonalds for six months.

I ate 540 straight meals at McDonalds, John Cisna said..."

That is amazing. I would have been one of the ones claiming that was impossible, but the numbers look sound and it makes sense when you think about it. I cook a lot of my own meals, and I pay attention to what ingredients I use, but I have no idea what the nutritional value of the food actually is. And the numbers he attained are stunning: Cholesterol: from 249 to 170 / Triglycerides: from 156 to 80 / LDL: from 170 to 113.

To be honest, it seems like the real lesson is that it's easier to eat better if you have the nutritional values readily available, not so much that McDonald's is good for you, but I'm still pretty impressed. Thanks for posting that!

That is amazing. I would have been one of the ones claiming that was impossible, but the numbers look sound and it makes sense when you think about it. I cook a lot of my own meals, and I pay attention to what ingredients I use, but I have no idea what the nutritional value of the food actually is. And the numbers he attained are stunning: Cholesterol: from 249 to 170 / Triglycerides: from 156 to 80 / LDL: from 170 to 113.

To be honest, it seems like the real lesson is that it's easier to eat better if you have the nutritional values readily available, not so much that McDonald's is good for you, but I'm still pretty impressed. Thanks for posting that!

What it says to me, the eternal skeptic, is that reducing your caloric intake and exercising 45 mins 5x a week is obviously going to make you healthier, regardless of what you're eating.

And to the OP: while I'm sure fast food is some of the more nutrient DENSE foods, there's a lot more to healthy eating than protein, fiber, and fat. The entirety of the digestive tract and its interactions with micro and macronutrients in our food is not well understood at all, so while McDonald's may be a cheap source of caloric energy via basic nutritional requirements, I hesitate to call it 'the most nutritious' based primarily on our fundamental ignorance of human digestion in general.

What it says to me, the eternal skeptic, is that reducing your caloric intake and exercising 45 mins 5x a week is obviously going to make you healthier, regardless of what you're eating.

Not much to be skeptical about, since that's pretty much exactly the point of the piece.

Not much to be skeptical about, since that's pretty much exactly the point of the piece.

Why fast food then? It's no secret that burning more calories than you consume causes weight loss, and that exercising is good for you...I guess I don't see the point.

Why fast food then? It's no secret that burning more calories than you consume causes weight loss, and that exercising is good for you...I guess I don't see the point.

The point I took was that just because it's fast food, doesn't mean that it's necessarily bad for you. It also defies the modern notion that in order to maintain a healthy diet and/or lose weight, you need to eat bark and twigs. Entire industries are built on health and healthy eating, while McDonald's is most often held out as the textbook example of all that's bad for America's health.

I would think that the cynic would find it interesting that so much of what we're sold with regard to healthy living and eating is so soundly contradicted by that teacher's experiment.