McDonalds Double Most Nutritious Food In History?

Dante

"... if you like your high fat and cholesterol diet you can keep it."

Read this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/03/17/these-people-eat-monkeys-and-piranhas-they-also-have-the-lowest-rates-of-heart-disease-ever-measured/?utm_term=.b8bf026301f1

These people eat howler monkeys... That is like eating LABillz, B-Man, and Grinreaper all rolled up in one!

Read this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/03/17/these-people-eat-monkeys-and-piranhas-they-also-have-the-lowest-rates-of-heart-disease-ever-measured/?utm_term=.b8bf026301f1

These people eat howler monkeys... That is like eating LABillz, B-Man, and Grinreaper all rolled up in one!

Eat me. You'll get bigger.

Two Florida alligators had immigrated to Washington D.C., and were lying in the tall grass near the Potomac River. The smaller ‘gator turned to the bigger one and said, "I can't understand how you can be so much bigger than me. We're the same age; we were the same size as kids. I just don't get it."

"Well," said the big gator, "what have you been eating?"

"Politicians, same as you," replied the small gator.

“Hmm.....Well, where do you catch them?"

"Down the other side of the river, near the parking lot by the Capitol Building."

"Same here. Hmm.... How do you catch them?"

"Well, I crawl up under one of their Cadillac cars and wait for them to unlock the car door and get out. Then I jump out, grab them by the leg, shake the schit out of them and eat 'em!"

"Same here." says the big gator. "Do you eat Democrats or Republicans?

"I eat the Democrats," says the little guy.

"Ah ha!" says the big gator. "I think I see the problem. You're not getting any real nourishment. You see, by the time you finish shaking the schit out of a Democrat, there's nothing left but an asswhole and a briefcase."

Edited by grinreaper

The point I took was that just because it's fast food, doesn't mean that it's necessarily bad for you. It also defies the modern notion that in order to maintain a healthy diet and/or lose weight, you need to eat bark and twigs. Entire industries are built on health and healthy eating, while McDonald's is most often held out as the textbook example of all that's bad for America's health.

I would think that the cynic would find it interesting that so much of what we're sold with regard to healthy living and eating is so soundly contradicted by that teacher's experiment.

I'm still not convinced due to the duration of the experiment. I admit the results are surprising, but having a control in which the guy ate food of similarly nutritional value from sources other than fast food would while exercising regularly, I imagine, produce identical if not better health benefits.

I'm hesitant to draw conclusions because digestion and metabolic activity vary from person to person. What worked for this guy won't necessarily extrapolate, at least equivalently.

I'm still not convinced due to the duration of the experiment. I admit the results are surprising, but having a control in which the guy ate food of similarly nutritional value from sources other than fast food would while exercising regularly, I imagine, produce identical if not better health benefits.

I'm hesitant to draw conclusions because digestion and metabolic activity vary from person to person. What worked for this guy won't necessarily extrapolate, at least equivalently.

If you admit that the results of the experiment are surprising, then we're in agreement. I'm not saying anything other than that.

Edited by Azalin

Do we have an update on how this researcher is doing now? I'm​ asking that because it is generally agreed that if you do the Atkin's diet you will do fairly well in dieting, until you stop. Once you stop, there's a high likelihood that you will balloon right back up.

The results are astonishingly unexpected, but I will still stay away from McDonald's food because I don't devote as much time to excising as he did.

Do we have an update on how this researcher is doing now? I'm​ asking that because it is generally agreed that if you do the Atkin's diet you will do fairly well in dieting, until you stop. Once you stop, there's a high likelihood that you will balloon right back up.

The results are astonishingly unexpected, but I will still stay away from McDonald's food because I don't devote as much time to excising as he did.

Atkins will give good results quickly. Most go back to their old ways once they shed the pounds, so yes if you do that the likelihood of ballooning back up is high. It's what got them there in the first place.

2 obvious things from that teacher:

1- He limited his calorie intake

2- he largely ate the same foods

Your body will always be efficient in weight loss under those conditions. Not exactly rocket science. Over a long term, you need more nutritional variation but for 6 months, you can do worse than this plan.

If all you ate were 2000 calories per day of burgers and you were a fat !@#$, you'd lose weight.

The Dubner/Freakonomics is clearly true. He looked only at the double cheeseburger. You get a lot of solid calories there for less than 2 bucks. It's the empty and sugar/carb calories of the soda and fries that crush you.

If you have to go to McDs, always just get some burgers or grilled Chickent sand. Nothing else. Those will fill you up on decent food.

Add the fries and coke/diet coke at your peril.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

2 obvious things from that teacher:

1- He limited his calorie intake

2- he largely ate the same foods

Your body will always be efficient in weight loss under those conditions. Not exactly rocket science. Over a long term, you need more nutritional variation but for 6 months, you can do worse than this plan.

If all you ate were 2000 calories per day of burgers and you were a fat !@#$, you'd lose weight.

The Dubner/Freakonomics is clearly true. He looked only at the double cheeseburger. You get a lot of solid calories there for less than 2 bucks. It's the empty and sugar/carb calories of the soda and fries that crush you.

If you have to go to McDs, always just get some burgers or grilled Chickent sand. Nothing else. Those will fill you up on decent food.

Add the fries and coke/diet coke at your peril.

This!

But then you can't feel all smug in front of normal people

I am smug, not Veg/vegan/teetotaler/PETA freak... Definately not normal, just a freak. Best in class, just being "Me." :-)

...And lost 100 pounds eating whatever I want by simply putting down the mouth shovel, ie: fork & spoon. I won't touch the howler monkey though. I don't want to end up an unempathetic, fat, inbred, republican shill from Ohio. Being a smug, skinny, ex-NY lib, & Ill-annoying democrat transplant is good enough.

Progress NOT perfection!

:-)

I am smug, not Veg/vegan/teetotaler/PETA freak... Definately not normal, just a freak. Best in class, just being "Me." :-)

...And lost 100 pounds eating whatever I want by simply putting down the mouth shovel, ie: fork & spoon. I won't touch the howler monkey though. I don't want to end up an unempathetic, fat, inbred, republican shill from Ohio. Being a smug, skinny, ex-NY lib, & Ill-annoying democrat transplant is good enough.

Progress NOT perfection!

Horseshit! You know damn well that inhaling all those diesel fumes led to a loss of appetite and damage to the nerve that transports thoughts from your brain to your mouth. I hear duckdog has the remedy.

It's better for you to eat junk and let your body filter out the bad (what's it's designed to do) rather than go vegan and screw up your system with lack of nutrients.

I just happened to read this and thought of your post.

Speaking of "filtering"... Read this about aging and specifically the liver:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1035037/Old-time-When-body-really-starts-going-downhill.html

"LIVER

Starts ageing at 70

This is the only organ in the body which seems to defy the ag ing process.

'Its cells have an extraordinary capacity to regenerate,' explain David Lloyd, a consultant liver surgeon at Leicester Royal Infir mary.

He says he can remove ha [sic: half?] a liver during surgery and it will grow to the size of a complete liver within three months.

If a donor doesn't drink, use drug or suffer from infection, then it is possible to transplant a 70-year-old liver into a 20-year-old..."

If a donor doesn't drink, use drug or suffer from infection, then it is possible to transplant a 70-year-old liver into a 20-year-old..."

I think it's safe to say that no twenty years-olds will be asking for my liver when I'm seventy.

What kinda warranty do you offer? Get the kid a few good years until they can step into an upgrade... @ a reasonable price. They don't build those livers like they use to!

Warranty? I'm not even sure it will last as long as the rest of me does.... :lol: