Report: Seahawks Open to Trading Richard Sherman

you are making this up

you know what's holding up this trade ?? (QUESTION)

butler hasn't/won't sign his tender. (FACT)

until he signs his tender, NE can't trade him. (FACT)

butler & a pick to SEA for Richard is very likely (very likely...... might be a bit strong)

(Report: Patriots have expressed interest in Richard Sherman trade)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/05/report-patriots-have-expressed-interest-in-richard-sherman-trade/

Note: a new report says NE is no longer interested

Edited by papazoid

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherman is involved in the trade effort, but hes looking to play for a contender and wouldnt cooperate with trade talks if the talks are with a bad team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/07/richard-sherman-is-involved-in-trade-effort-wants-to-go-to-a-contender/

Good, that rules out the Bills, which is fine since Seattle wants "a mint" for him, according to the article.

Sherman is involved in the trade effort, but he’s looking to play for a contender and wouldn’t cooperate with trade talks if the talks are with a bad team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/07/richard-sherman-is-involved-in-trade-effort-wants-to-go-to-a-contender/

Yep. Sounds like he wanted to flirt with the media on this.

Pretty decent off season chewing gum imo.

The Seahawks are willing to trade him for the same reason that the Patriots traded Richard Seymour or Chandler Jones. They ARE about to run into MAJOR cap issues over the next couple of years. Some of these guys won't be back. You try to get back assets to replace them instead of letting them walk (a la Gilmore) with nothing to show. Teams make moves like this when the return will be greater than any compensatory pick that they could possibly receive. This is a problem that only really good (and deep) teams have. Most teams can allocate their cap dollars to their 5-10 best players. When you have 12-15 guys in that mix though it changes things.

Not according to ESPN. Seahawks have plenty of cap room and no viable replacement for Sherman on the roster. Pete Carroll is simply tired of this guy's act. No, thank you.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/25167/richard-sherman-trade-buzz-seahawks-asking-price-suitors-more

Edited by mannc

Not according to ESPN. Seahawks have plenty of cap room and no viable replacement for Sherman on the roster. Pete Carroll is simply tired of this guy's act. No, thank you.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/25167/richard-sherman-trade-buzz-seahawks-asking-price-suitors-more

...pretty surprising for Pete.......he is a rah rah players' coach.......

...pretty surprising for Pete.......he is a rah rah players' coach.......

Sherman is not a team guy. He's taken numerous shots (publicly) at the coaching staff and his teammates. Carroll is a very positive guy and I think Sherman's act just rubs him the wrong way, as it should.

Sherman is not a team guy. He's taken numerous shots (publicly) at the coaching staff and his teammates. Carroll is a very positive guy and I think Sherman's act just rubs him the wrong way, as it should.

...ABSOLUTELY agree.....definite pass regardless of the tariff......he is a bloviator all about me....Carroll fed up tells me everything...........

Hopefully he can be traded to the CFL any person knowingly lying while his main purpose was to takenout a kicker that could have been career ending is complete an utter trash. His goal was to hit Carpenter to ensure a he wouldnt make it and b if he had to try again he wouldnt make it with no regard for Carpenters health or career. Its completely unacceptable, inexcusable, and he is trash for lying about it. I undrstand injuries occur, however, when thats your goal and to get to the goal you have to knowingly break a rule, and then lie about it, yeah hea trash.

These players want it all. According to report Cheap Shot Sherman asked for trade than pretty much denied it to media.

Then report is he would only accept trade to contender.

Teams should not bow down to players like this. If he wants a trade he has a right to ask for one. Hawks should then be able to trade him to whoever offers best deal.

I would make a bad GM. If player asks for trade when he has a no trade clause I would say sure. Waive the no-trade and I will trade you to team who offers the best deal. Otherwise go pound sand.

If Cheap shot Sherman does not have a no trade clause I would have already traded him and let the new team worry about if he will report.

Edited by cba fan