Report: Seahawks Open to Trading Richard Sherman

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SheilKapadia

Asked about Richard Sherman on @710ESPNSeattle, John Schneider says: "What you’ve seen lately in the news is real. On both sides."

@AdamSchefter

Adam Schefter Retweeted Sheil Kapadia

Seahawks' GM being very public and candid regarding Richard Sherman trade talks...

sounds a lot like it's going to happen. "when, not if."

I would not be at all surprised if the Bills are involved

13 mil cap hit this year and next with next year being the final year in the deal. he'd want some new guaranteed money i'm sure. would bring some swagger back there.

I would not be at all surprised if the Bills are involved

They should be. Sherman in this D would be a better fit than keeping Gilmore.

I'll go on record now. If Whaley swings Sherman for less than a first rounder, I give him 2 years before I ask him to be fired again.

They should be. Sherman in this D would be a better fit than keeping Gilmore.

I'll go on record now. If Whaley swings Sherman for less than a first rounder, I give him 2 years before I ask him to be fired again.

Ha ha, I do agree though. Sherman in this D is a better fit. He'd also add some much needed attitude.

Ha ha, I do agree though. Sherman in this D is a better fit. He'd also add some much needed attitude.

that was why I said that. Scheme fit, proven, has the winning mentality McD wants, a position of need. Whatever they give up (if it's players) some will whine we "need them to win," but if they give them up it's because they might be talented but aren't good scheme or culture fits. And they haven't won with them.

And.. it could be Shady (ducks for cover). And no I don't want to lose him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@jeffphowe

The Seahawks have received greater interest from teams other than the Pats. But again, with time for Butler to play out, that could change.

And finally, Richard Sherman would be amenable to a trade to the Patriots if it ever came to that.

Welp. Day drinking seems like a good idea today.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The team rumored to be trading for him is...

Patriots

@jeffphowe

The Patriots have some interest in Sherman, per source, but wouldn't be expected to be on full pursuit unless they lose Malcolm Butler.

The first time I heard this rumor it was about the Dolphins.......had plenty of cap room and could trade and not have to re-do his deal.

Now the Bills look shorthanded at CB.

Maybe the Pats are interested and maybe not......but two teams in their division with early picks in each round might be interested.......so raising the price for Sherman to more than "moving up a few spots in round 1" would be in their best interest.

@jeffphowe

The Seahawks have received greater interest from teams other than the Pats. But again, with time for Butler to play out, that could change.

And finally, Richard Sherman would be amenable to a trade to the Patriots if it ever came to that.

Welp. Day drinking seems like a good idea today.

You would think the Seahawks would want to trade Sherman to the highest bidder.

The Patriots* don't even have a first round pick.