Bills have made offer to FA RB Travaris Cadet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't look as his rushing stats. He would be here to play on 3rd down where he caught 40 balls last year. The Bills have guys to carry the ball. They aren't looking for a 5th option to carry the ball. He can also return kicks.

It's been a big topic on my basketball message board but we need to stop looking at positions and start focusing on skill sets. As an example Theo Riddick and Blount play the exact same position but do things COMPLETELY differently.

That's a fair assessment. I'm all for bringing in guys who have their own unique skill set and who can add a different dimension to the team. The way I initially looked at this was to possibly be the number 2 and or potentially be someone they want to carry the rock. Bringing him in for the role you described would be fine, just as long as that's where it ends. Even with this being his potential role, wouldn't you still think there are better options though?

thanks for not listing any of them as hb/rb or fb/rb

that **** bothers me more than words can ever desrcibe.

all hb's/fb's/tb's are rb's!

yeah specially watching LeSean McCoy lead block for Felton the last 2 years, the jobs are so similar, I don't see why we would need to distinguish them. Edited by JaxBills

did you know the Bills have lost 39 straight games where they have allowed the opponent to score > 24.

Saw this stat today and audibly sighed.

I'm on the more optimistic end of the spectrum with Taylor, but wow does that show something about the difficulty of winning a shootout without a franchise QB.

yeah specially watching LeSean McCoy lead block for Felton the last 2 years, the jobs are so similar, I don't see why we would need to distinguish them.

The point was that running back can mean either fullback or halfback, but fullback and halfback are not the same thing.

I'm on the more optimistic end of the spectrum with Taylor, but wow does that show something about the difficulty of winning a shootout without a franchise QB.

The point was that running back can mean either fullback or halfback, but fullback and halfback are not the same thing.

yep, it's the worst in the NFL per this guy from Football Outsiders. Here's another (cover your eyes)

@FO_scottkacsmar

Games since 2011 scoring 30+ points (incl. playoffs)

Patriots - 60

Jets/Dolphins/Bills - 60

Edited by YoloinOhio

What is this staff doing? We still have no WRs and still need a FA DB. Schitt FA so far.

It's not a straight line process. They've identified the shortages, examined the FAs, talked to their agents, and signed the ones that made sense.

As it turned out - not by design but by happenstance - they ended up with two FBs and 1 WR so far. We can't expect the signings to come in the same order as a priority list. They come as they come.

Criticizing the off-season so far is kind of like criticizing da Vinci when he was only 10% done with the Mona Lisa. "Where are the eyes? The eyes are the most important part of the portrait!"

. . . The quality of the defensive depth in this draft will imo push some WRs and TEs lower than where they would otherwise go.

Doesn't it work the other way around? If good WRs are in short supply in the draft (I said "if"), teams that need one will tend to pick them sooner than they otherwise would, out of fear that the good ones will all be gone by the time they get to pick again.

Conversely, if there is a lot of say good DB talent on the board when a team picks in round 2, they are more likely to select a different position in round 2 because they know that a pretty good DB is likely to still be available when they pick in round 3.

It's basic supply and demand stuff - - don't over think it like it's rocket surgery.

It's not a straight line process. They've identified the shortages, examined the FAs, talked to their agents, and signed the ones that made sense.

As it turned out - not by design but by happenstance - they ended up with two FBs and 1 WR so far. We can't expect the signings to come in the same order as a priority list. They come as they come.

Criticizing the off-season so far is kind of like criticizing da Vinci when he was only 10% done with the Mona Lisa. "Where are the eyes? The eyes are the most important part of the portrait!"

I'm not familiar......was da Vinci's early work that bad that he was getting second guessed 10% in?.....bad like Whaley's?

I think we just need to get used to people taking his work at face value until he creates something worthy of appreciation.

For a guy who wasn't even alive when OJ was drafted, Whaley sure likes his 1969 offense.

Whaley at near every chance has invested heavily in dynamic and explosive playmakers. Not all have worked out but I've never had the impression he wants a vanilla 3 yards and cloud of dust offense.

yep, it's the worst in the NFL per this guy from Football Outsiders. Here's another (cover your eyes)

@FO_scottkacsmar

Patriots - 60

Jets/Dolphins/Bills - 60

That's not fair: they've had so many more playoff games to score 30 points in. Any chance Mahomes falls to 44?

@FO_scottkacsmar

Patriots - 60

Jets/Dolphins/Bills - 60

That Football Outsiders guy had to really go back a far way to make that comparison. The only reason this works is because he went back to 2011 and 2012, where 24 of the 58 games happened.

Patriots total games: 111

Patriots over 30 points: 58 or 52.25% of the time

Over 30 Since 2013 season: 34 / 74 total played games (incl. playoffs) = ~46% of the time

Not surprisingly 11 of the 34 came last year.

That's a fair assessment. I'm all for bringing in guys who have their own unique skill set and who can add a different dimension to the team. The way I initially looked at this was to possibly be the number 2 and or potentially be someone they want to carry the rock. Bringing him in for the role you described would be fine, just as long as that's where it ends. Even with this being his potential role, wouldn't you still think there are better options though?

There might be but he is a good receiver. I've seen a lot of him in New Orleans. The fact that the Saints really want him back is a good indication of the type of player that they think he is. If the Bills want someone to fill that role he's a pretty good option.