Update the status of past TSW members and of their demise.

Tipster19

:lol:

Beerball will not be back on this board until he finishes his trip across America. Although he is an inspiration I will never again allow him to sit on my bike because he unmercifully bends the rims. Good luck Beerball and thank you for taking away the penalty points that I was unfairly assessed (not by you).

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/600-pound-man-bikes-coast-coast-save-marriage-lose-weight-n398616

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I knew Lori very well and while the Graham thing had a major impact on her, I didn't sense a crush. Lori is a journalist in her own right.

She also knew as much about football as any fan (with 1 exception) who I have ever come across. Lori is brilliant and a truly nice person. It was a sad day when she left TBD.

It was. I think a lot didn't know that Lori is a journalist. It was less "crush" than it was journalists sticking together that upset her when Graham was "chased" from the board.

My impression of the Graham incident was less "run out of town on a rail" than "took his ball and went home." I recall he got some comments that weren't necessarily rude as much as they were pointed, and Graham overracted as though someone kicked his dog and stole his wallet.

Lori was also a mod for some time...and that gets to you. There were comments I made that she found funny as a regular poster, that she later blew up at me for as a mod when I repeated the same comments. It's happened to ever mod at some point: after a while you can't help but take some of the bull **** personally. Sometimes I think there should be term limits for moderators, for the sake of their own sanity.

Beerball will not be back on this board until he finishes his trip across America. Although he is an inspiration I will never again allow him to sit on my bike because he unmercifully bends the rims. Good luck Beerball and thank you for taking away the penalty points that I was unfairly assessed (not by you).

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/600-pound-man-bikes-coast-coast-save-marriage-lose-weight-n398616

Weren't you supposed to be lopping off one digit/day until he returned??

Weren't you supposed to be lopping off one digit/day until he returned??

The process ran its course until the end. There simply was nothing more to give. Now I am a societal outcast. When people see me on the street walking in an unbalanced manner they rudely yell out there goes the wobbling man! I used to like Beerball a lot but I will forever blame him for my infirmities. The only advantage I have from my self-mutilations is that I no longer wear a size 13. I now fit into a size 10.

I was considering starting the process over again with my fingers. Since I don't have confidence in this sadistic and corpulent fellow I decided that imploring him to respond was futile. At least now I have fingers to type in my complaints and resentments toward him. :sick:

The process ran its course until the end. There simply was nothing more to give. Now I am a societal outcast. When people see me on the street walking in an unbalanced manner they rudely yell out there goes the wobbling man! I used to like Beerball a lot but I will forever blame him for my infirmities. The only advantage I have from my self-mutilations is that I no longer wear a size 13. I now fit into a size 10.

I was considering starting the process over again with my fingers. Since I don't have confidence in this sadistic and corpulent fellow I decided that imploring him to respond was futile. At least now I have fingers to type in my complaints and resentments toward him. :sick:

Beerball turned you into a Weeble. That bastard!

I disagree. I knew Lori very well and while the Graham thing had a major impact on her, I didn't sense a crush. Lori is a journalist in her own right.

She also knew as much about football as any fan (with 1 exception) who I have ever come across. Lori is brilliant and a truly nice person. It was a sad day when she left TBD.

It was when I compared corners to rooks, bishops and queens and linemen to pawns and kings wasn't it?

All I know is that since he's no longer modding, a lot of crap goes (mainly racism, bigotry with a little bit of borderline pedophilia talk) that never would have while he was here. To me, that's bad. But that's who stayed behind.

What the F%#* are you talking about? Seriously. I would not come within miles of the things that you mentioned and neither would (in my very strong opinion after almost 20 years) 99.99% of the posters here.

And, SDS would be the very last person on earth to allow this. He would shut the board down before allowing racism and bigotry, let alone criminal behavior.

Really, WTF?????

Oh, the irony.

And I've never reported anyone.

Again ... the irony.

If you think that posters are bigoted pedophiles and you DON'T report it, something really is wrong with you.

I thought Beerball was a fine mod and I likely got more PMs inquiring about the nature of my "problem" and why I cannot behave than most here. You can call it playing favorites but I think BB was more lenient with frequent contributors who had some kind of relationships on the board, even if he didn't care for the person personally.

The Kaep thread was a total cluster. Politically motivated posts and PPP style debate on mainboard has always been a bannable offense. "Someone else got away with it on page 56 first" is a poor excuse.

This.

Beerball disliked me. He told me that often. But I got away with more than most because I wasn't "JimKellyFan69" who called a guy a moron in my first post.

Until the Kaep thread meltdown.

What the F%#* are you talking about? Seriously. I would not come within miles of the things that you mentioned and neither would (in my very strong opinion after almost 20 years) 99.99% of the posters here.

And, SDS would be the very last person on earth to allow this. He would shut the board down before allowing racism and bigotry, let alone criminal behavior.

Really, WTF?????

If you think that posters are bigoted pedophiles and you DON'T report it, something really is wrong with you.

It's pretty common knowledge. But I appreciate the assumption.