Update the status of past TSW members and of their demise.

Tipster19

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no he wasn't bad at all here, he did have his haters (and lackey's) that were pretty bad, though

yes, but badol's point was there was a cliques that really died off when beerball left, it was the last of a crew of folks and a few close cliques.

Have you read Tim Grahams twitter feed????

Twitter is effectively part of his job.

It directly generates interest in his work without anyone else pocketing from it........it's his so he is getting paid to take the abuse and can individually block a fool if he wants to.

This is not his site.......anything he provides here is free....he can't control who responds to his takes......and at the end of the day EVERYTHING he writes will be put on the main wall regardless of if he pimps it or not.

I'm not saying people can't disagree with takes......but would you do your job for free then take a personal shots for it from ungrateful enthusiasts/wannabes?

It directly generates interest in his work without anyone else pocketing from it........it's his so he is getting paid to take the abuse and can individually block a fool if he wants to.

This is not his site.......anything he provides here is free....he can't control who responds to his takes......and at the end of the day EVERYTHING he writes will be put on the main wall regardless of if he pimps it or not.

I'm not saying people can't disagree with takes......but would you do your job for free then take a personal shots for it from ungrateful enthusiasts/wannabes?

Why is there an expectation that people should be grateful or not for his takes? Did he receive personal shots? Yes, and so has everyone else, including you, when posting.

One of the motivations for posting on this board and other sites is for the expressed purposed of drawing a greater audience for his other primary forums. That's just part of the technical world of communicating and the business he is in.

I have no particular criticism for Tim G for leaving this site and choosing not to engage because of some of the rude and unsophisticated posters. That his choice. Where I do have a tad of criticism of him is that he was at times hyper sensitive and defensive when people who disagreed with him responded back to him.

This certainly is a better forum when people such as Tim G, Lorie and John W participate. They have some inside knowledge and perspective that most of us don't have. There will always be malcontents and abrasive and unreasonable people when participating in such a forum. That's the nature of the beast that can't be avoided. The better response is not to ban this category of posters but to ignore and not respond to them. Tim chose simply to leave. More power to him.

So getting personally abusive with a professional who is sharing free insight to the community is a sign of maturity?

Sounds like you have a mind for business.

This board is about Bills football content and discussion.

In moderation sarcasm can be secondary level content on the main board in the absence of a reasonable football take.......but discouraging football discussion or depriving your fellow TSW members of insight because you think it's your right is kinda' cunty.

I'm not sure how you translated what I wrote into an endorsement to be .... toward anyone - nor have/would I ever discouraged anyone from discussing football. My point was simply that he chose to come here under his own name. Being a member of the media, I admire him for having the balls to do it. But I also think it's a joke that he couldn't stand to be criticized, then stomped his feet and stormed off. Respect is a two-way street and I think most people get that, here.

Why is there an expectation that people should be grateful or not for his takes? Did he receive personal shots? Yes, and so has everyone else, including you, when posting.

One of the motivations for posting on this board and other sites is for the expressed purposed of drawing a greater audience for his other primary forums. That's just part of the technical world of communicating and the business he is in.

I have no particular criticism for Tim G for leaving this site and choosing not to engage because of some of the rude and unsophisticated posters. That his choice. Where I do have a tad of criticism of him is that he was at times hyper sensitive and defensive when people who disagreed with him responded back to him.

This certainly is a better forum when people such as Tim G, Lorie and John W participate. They have some inside knowledge and perspective that most of us don't have. There will always be malcontents and abrasive and unreasonable people when participating in such a forum. That's the nature of the beast that can't be avoided. The better response is not to ban this category of posters but to ignore and not respond to them. Tim chose simply to leave. More power to him.

I get it, we can't have nice things because of people like Gugny.......but that does nothing to counter my take.

And I will add that I get attacked for my work HERE........he was badgered unnecessarily for being a member of the media by a vocal few who blame the media for the Bills problems.....irrational nonsense.

The situation was POORLY moderated.........moderation has improved by subtraction since. :thumbsup:

I get it, we can't have nice things because of people like Gugny.......but that does nothing to counter my take.

And I will add that I get attacked for my work HERE........he was badgered unnecessarily for being a member of the media by a vocal few who blame the media for the Bills problems.....irrational nonsense.

The situation was POORLY moderated.........moderation has improved by subtraction since. :thumbsup:

I do partially blame the media for the manner in which they report on the organization. In general, I consider them too tolerant of generational incompetence. Instead of taking a more resigned acceptance of the franchise's systemic mediocrity they should have been much more scathing.

The local media recognized that the franchise was captive to the original owner's "old guard" ways and there was not much that could be done to alter that dynamic. They simply acquiesced to the situation. Their mentality and the fanbase's mentality was that at least we had a team in the big leagues.

And I will add that I get attacked for my work HERE....

Stop whining. You throw more punches than you receive. Getting hit is good for you. It toughens you up so you can absorb more hits to the groin. :thumbsup:

Funny how reality is influenced by perception, by me included.

I don't remember TG taking any more grief than a "normal" member of TBD, nor any less. I remember him wanting to be thought of as "above the fray", and wanting to be treated as better than a normal poster as he was "media". Bullcrap. But I readily admit I think most media today, especially sports media, are not journalists and don't deserve any more, or any less, credibility than others on this board.

The love for Lori as always baffled me as well. Again, i liked Lori, but to say she was media and deserved some kind of revered treatment? Tell me one thing you have read from Lori Chase on the Bills since she has left this board???

Listen, this is a message board...you know what you are getting when you sign up. To think "media" deserves some kind of special place in our hearts is like thinking kids spend too much time on their phones.

I don't remember TG taking any more grief than a "normal" member of TBD, nor any less. I remember him wanting to be thought of as "above the fray", and wanting to be treated as better than a normal poster as he was "media". Bullcrap. But I readily admit I think most media today, especially sports media, are not journalists and don't deserve any more, or any less, credibility than others on this board.

The love for Lori as always baffled me as well. Again, i liked Lori, but to say she was media and deserved some kind of revered treatment? Tell me one thing you have read from Lori Chase on the Bills since she has left this board???

Listen, this is a message board...you know what you are getting when you sign up. To think "media" deserves some kind of special place in our hearts is like thinking kids spend too much time on their phones.

Hear, hear.

Not sure what your hard on is for me. Also not sure what work you do here. TG was badgered because he was an arrogant a hole who thought, because he was some (in his mind) big shot in the media, that he was immune from criticism. Anyone blaming the media for the Bills' problems is out of touch. But frankly, so are you. Because, like TG, you seem to think you're pretty important.

This is an interesting thread. Both sides have a point but graham wasn't treated differently than most but he should have been allowed to have more space as a known entity. If he ever got something wrong he was beaten to a pulp by the left field posters who came from the woodwork.

But, there has been a long period of an "in" crowd vs those who aren't. Friendships have been formed here and we have seen others live life. The deeper level of this had a certain level of favoritism.

Boom goes the dynamite. Spot on, especially the bold part.

He generates interest by being an ahole?

His moderating skills were unique.

I had no problem with Beerball as a poster, although his topics were tiresome. Instead of explaining what a thread was about he would say something about his clique - "Gugny gets a job".............You have no idea whether it's worth clicking in, so you usually don't and he's have one or two replies until it quickly move onto page two.

But, if he comes back, please don't have it be as a moderator. He had no common sense or sense of fairness about it, and would just blow up a thread that many people had posted to - because somebody in his clique didn't like it. Not lock or pull it to PPP, as I requested on a few occasion. Poof - gone!

let's all take a step back here, we can all agree that we don't see eye to eye with everyone, but this isn't appropriate to slam people without them being here to defend themselves, let's reminisce about previous posters, let's not drag it down in the mud. We are going to get this thread closed and it doesn't need to be. Nothing wrong with good ball breaking but some of this has started to go into the gutter.

That said, feel free to blast Beerball, he deserves everything he has coming to him :D