Trump's broken promises

There are too many promises to list in one post that Trump made to his voters that he has already broken, 64 in the first month alone according to one count, and there are sure to be more to come. Feel free to add to the list.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-broke-64-promises-in-his-first-month-in-office-5470f2c337e1#.irk3vax2n

But to just mention a few at the forefront now are those related to Trumpcare. He promised his supporters that the replacement bill would lower costs, improve care, and everyone who wanted healthcare would be covered. No have access to, but covered. In addition there would be no cuts to Medicaid. But the Trumpcare bill he supports "100%" does none of those things, and is actually a huge tax cut for the wealthiest. His talking heads are already out trying to downplay the CBO estimate (run by a Republican appointee) because they know the numbers are going to be the opposite of what Trump promised. And the ironic part is that this Trumpcare bill will actually hurt Trump voters more than Clinton voters, especially those in rural areas who depend on more government subsidies.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor. Period.

If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan. Period.

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2008

We're in the Summer of Recovery in 2008.

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2009

We're in the Summer of Recovery in 2009.

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2010

We're in the Summer of Recovery in 2010.

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2011

We're in the Summer of Recovery in 2011.

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2012

We're in the Summer of Recovery in 2012.

If Syria uses chemical weapons on their own people, there will be consequences. That's a "Red Line In The Sand".

Here's a few more (seven pages worth) of B. O.'s broken promises, because it seems you've got a lot of time on your hands.

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2008

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2009

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2010

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2011

We're going to fund millions of shovel ready jobs with the stimulus package. 2012

If Syria uses chemical weapons on their own people, there will be consequences. That's a "Red Line In The Sand".

Here's a few more (seven pages worth) of B. O.'s broken promises, because it seems you've got a lot of time on your hands.

You know that garden shed you put together in your back yard? You didn't build that. I'm still waiting for the 57 states to make up for him giving Hawaii to Asia. Then again maybe that was in compensation for our troops flipping over Guam. Democrats---------------------they say the funniest things.

My favorite was that, and these were the great cheez-its words ..."Within 30 days of taking office, Isis will be eliminated. Trust me, I know more about Isis than the U.S. military."

I'm also still waiting for the U.S. to get its first check from the Mexican government for this wall that they're paying for. I also believe he promised to have shovels in the dirt for this wall on day one.

To be fair though, Trump is a politician and all politicians are full of ****.

Why bring up that old stuff

weren't you aware that our current president lies 70% of the time.............its a fact............... :lol:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Donald Trump lies 50% of the time ("False" and "Pants on fire" statementst). If you throw in "mostly false" statements, Trump jumps to a whopping 70%. 70% of his statements are lies !!!

For comparison's sake, Barack Obama lies 14% of the time, or 26% if you throw in "mostly false" statements.

Not opinion, statistical fact.

There are too many promises to list in one post that Trump made to his voters that he has already broken, 64 in the first month alone according to one count, and there are sure to be more to come. Feel free to add to the list.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-broke-64-promises-in-his-first-month-in-office-5470f2c337e1#.irk3vax2n

But to just mention a few at the forefront now are those related to Trumpcare. He promised his supporters that the replacement bill would lower costs, improve care, and everyone who wanted healthcare would be covered. No have access to, but covered. In addition there would be no cuts to Medicaid. But the Trumpcare bill he supports "100%" does none of those things, and is actually a huge tax cut for the wealthiest. His talking heads are already out trying to downplay the CBO estimate (run by a Republican appointee) because they know the numbers are going to be the opposite of what Trump promised. And the ironic part is that this Trumpcare bill will actually hurt Trump voters more than Clinton voters, especially those in rural areas who depend on more government subsidies.

And?

"Dear Sir,

I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms about the thread which you have just posted about the president who makes broken promises.

Many of my best friends are presidents, and only a few of them are transvestites.

Yours faithfully,

Brigadier Sir Charles Arthur Strong (Mrs.)

P.S. I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times."

"Dear Sir,

I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms about the thread which you have just posted about the president who makes broken promises.

Many of my best friends are presidents, and only a few of them are transvestites.

Yours faithfully,

:lol:

I think Trump's success will largely be tied to what he does to the middle class. So far it seems only the exxon mobile and goldman sachs people of the world are reaping the rewards. All politicians make unrealistic promises but Trump promised the world to the so-called forgotten American. If he gets off twitter, stops creating enemies left and right and keeps increasing jobs and consumer confidence who knows, maybe he will actually make it four whole years.

Or once again, Pasta Joe could have used the SEARCH function to find a previous thread on this topic.

Of course, it has been asked yet again, Where was Joe in the last 8 years if he's so concerned about how the government functions?

Or once again, Pasta Joe could have used the SEARCH function to find a previous thread on this topic.

Of course, it has been asked yet again, Where was Joe in the last 8 years if he's so concerned about how the government functions?

Wearing the lips off his Hillary poster.

"Dear Sir,

Yours faithfully,

:lol:

From what I rememeber here are his most important campaign promises. I'm going to ignore all his stupid tweets and the Russia probe because most Americans don't care about that.

1.) "Repeal and replace Obamacare." Rocky start as conservatives think it's Obamacare lite, Dems are pointing out it gives massive tax cuts to the rich, and it's likely to get a poor rating by the CBO.

2.) "Temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States." He's cleaned that statement up and followed through on it to a certain extent, but liberal judges are making it tough on him. Also, first executive order on this was poorly executed as it caused massive confusion at airports.

3.) "Bring manufacturing jobs back." I disagree with him on how to bring manufacturing jobs back (free trade agreements and lifting regulations will stimulate the economy, but he is going the progressive way and blocked TPP. He had a decent first jobs report, but there were a few instances of better months during the Obama administration so time will tell on that one.

4.) "Impose tariffs on good from Mexico and China." I haven't heard any story about the administration doing this yet, but it's still early in his presidency.

5.) "Build a wall and Mexico will pay for it. Deport illegal immigrants with a criminal record." Mexico clearly isn't paying for the wall, and it doesn't look like the wall is a top priority right now. However, illegal boarder crossing is down 40% and he's made good on his promise to deport illegal immigrant criminals.

6.) "Renegotiate the Iran deal." I haven't read or heard anything about this yet, but again it's early on in his presidency.

7.) "Cut taxes." The only thing I've seen so far is giving the rich a tax break through the proposed health care plan. Maybe should of started his agenda with tax reform.

8.) "Invest in infrastructure." His proposal of a trillion dollar infrastructure program will be very popular with nearly everybody if done correctly.

9.) "Bomb the hell out of Isis." US drone strikes have gone up 432% since Obama took office. Promise kept, but he also said he'd defeat Isis within 30 days so he hasn't met that goal.

Bottom line is he's done okay so far given the massive amount of promises he's made. He's made a few rookie mistakes, but like all administrations though, time will tell.

Edited by Doc Brown