Logan Thomas

I love the potential this guy brings to the table, but I can't find any updates on his progress converting to TE. He was a WR/TE as a Sophmore in High School before moving to QB and Safety as a junior.

6'6" 248 and these are his combine numbers.

40 YARD DASH: 4.61 SEC

VERTICAL JUMP: 35.5 INCH

BROAD JUMP: 118.0 INCH

3 CONE DRILL: 7.05 SEC

20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.18 SEC

An athletic only comparison to OJ howard at this year's NFL Combine.

6'6" 250

40 YARD DASH: 4.51 SEC

BENCH PRESS: 22 REPS

VERTICAL JUMP: 30.0 INCH

BROAD JUMP: 121.0 INCH

3 CONE DRILL: 6.85 SEC

20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.16 SEC

60 YARD SHUTTLE: 11.46 SEC

Bottomline he is at the very least an interesting prospect, but I don't know anything about his work ethic or progress switching to TE except the Lions tried stashing him on the P.S. and we picked him up in November. Random interesting tidbit, his throws at the combine are one of the fastest clocked there ever at 60 mph.

THOUGHTS?

post-25506-0-37472800-1489324584_thumb.jpg

I love the potential this guy brings to the table, but I can't find any updates on his progress converting to TE. He was a WR/TE as a Sophmore in High School before moving to QB and Safety as a junior.

6'6" 248 and these are his combine numbers.

40 YARD DASH: 4.61 SEC

VERTICAL JUMP: 35.5 INCH

BROAD JUMP: 118.0 INCH

3 CONE DRILL: 7.05 SEC

20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.18 SEC

An athletic only comparison to OJ howard at this year's NFL Combine.

6'6" 250

40 YARD DASH: 4.51 SEC

BENCH PRESS: 22 REPS

VERTICAL JUMP: 30.0 INCH

BROAD JUMP: 121.0 INCH

3 CONE DRILL: 6.85 SEC

20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.16 SEC

60 YARD SHUTTLE: 11.46 SEC

Bottomline he is at the very least an interesting prospect, but I don't know anything about his work ethic or progress switching to TE except the Lions tried stashing him on the P.S. and we picked him up in November. Random interesting tidbit, his throws at the combine are one of the fastest clocked there ever at 60 mph.

THOUGHTS?

....sure is and he could be a dark horse......good job on stats comparison.......Pryor made the transition to new position......so did George Wilson......he'll be Boras' camp conversion project and could be very interesting especially with that size....stay tuned.............

for some reason, whenever i think about these converted QBs...i think of all the wacky gadget plays that could be run. but then i think back to the mularkey days and want to shove something very sharp into my eye.

having said that, i love an underdog and who wouldn't love to have a 6'6" athletic TE on the field?

for some reason, whenever i think about these converted QBs...i think of all the wacky gadget plays that could be run. but then i think back to the mularkey days and want to shove something very sharp into my eye.

having said that, i love an underdog and who wouldn't love to have a 6'6" athletic TE on the field?

....LOL.....shades of Brad Smith, the $3.6 million dollar "Wildcat Man"..............

....LOL.....shades of Brad Smith, the $3.6 million dollar "Wildcat Man"..............

yes. i liked brad smith. at least, i liked the idea of brad smith. but i have seen what NE has done to us forever with TEs and i really want one of this big bastards on our team. of course, then i kinda need a qb who will throw him the damn ball!

What a shame, giving up on him as a QB. You do realize he's the modern day leader in Ball Velocity? (See the link in the ball velocity thread.) In all seriousness -- guy is a real football player who didn't even want to play QB. It may take a year or so, but I think he could be a surprising position change success (and the record of QBs changing positions isn't so good with one notable exception, Terrelle Pryor)

Thomas was the #1 TE nationally coming out of HS.... http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/thomas_logan.html

I see a tremendous upside there considering he played the position at a high level already so it's not like he's learning a new position, I don't see any downside to him being here as a TE, if he fails it was a cheap option that didn't work out.

Thomas was the #1 TE nationally coming out of HS.... http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/thomas_logan.html

I see a tremendous upside there considering he played the position at a high level already so it's not like he's learning a new position, I don't see any downside to him being here as a TE, if he fails it was a cheap option that didn't work out.

...with that size and speed, this kid could be a sleeper.....Meatball's success as a 5th rounder was our last sleeper....LOOOOOONG overdue.......

Wow #1 TE coming out, dude has major upside for sure. I think it will just depend on how hard he works. Clay could have a decent impact on his blocking skills.

Also, I really think a guy like Anquan Bolden would do wonders for our receivers and tight ends, from a veteran leadership stand point.

Edited by BuffaloSol

it's a lot of hope for a longshot chance. it won't hurt to try him out.

but, if we keep in the spirit of this than we should sign big ben and play him at WR.

Yeah, I remember when he ran 4.6 with a 35 inch vertical at the combine. He was also the number 1 rated TE coming out of high school. Why hasn't he switched yet, bro, ya know what I mean dawg!!!

Quaterbacks can only be one dementional, there should be absolutely no one that questions that. If you question the norm or are someone that questions following me then you are obviously just being racist.

Edited by BuffaloSol

Nothing against Thomas, but I hope he's cut once we draft OJ Howard... There's literally no other pick, unless we take one of the "iffy" QB's on offer... -An egregious error, as I've stated publicly many times... It's Howard, or we're idiots... End of story.

Edited by #34fan

Good post.

But the bolded i just cracked up over !!

Stevie in the 7th?

Fitz made him the star he was. Its all about the QB