Should we extend Sammy now?

Virgil

With all this cap space we are freeing up, does it makes sense to get ahead of some of these contracts and eat the money now?

I know we aren't done in FA by a long shot, but I don't see there being many big contracts out there to give. We could extend someone like Sammy and still get some quality B players

I don't think Sammy would do it. Unless the contract offer reflects his worth when his rookie contract expires and beyond.

I wonder if the Bills will even be serious with him When the time comes? His payday barring anymore big injuries will be large

on the FA market. With plenty of interested teams. My guess is they tag him. Pay the price when the time comes.

I don't know. I'm not sure who this guy is. Technically and physically, the top of his profession as a wide receiver. Can he lead your team to where you want to go or is he just rooting for team Sammy..... does he just wanna be rich or does he want his team to win.

AND I do believe great teams have great leadership... can be a coach, linebacker, or QB. Someone who takes that organization on their back and delivers. And I do think great leadership is a very critical intangible to success.

It's not about a QB. It never was. It's about the guy that was the alpha male every step of the way so he learned how to throw a fottball well, or that LB that made everyone work harder, or the head coach that could get the best out of everyone...

I want the bills to draft summa dat

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Sammy doesn't have a choice for likely 4 more years.

Huh? He's got his fifth year option then a tag year. I doubt we tag him twice if he's adamant on leaving. We didn't tag Byrd twice. We didn't even bother tagging GIlmore. Both of them were better players at their position by the end of their third years than Sammy.

No. We should let him play out his 4 years. Pick up his 5th year option and then franchise tag him if needed. There's no reason to extend him now. None at all.

Bro I said that 4 mins before 2 posts before and did it in less words

Edited by mikemac2001

Huh? He's got his fifth year option then a tag year. I doubt we tag him twice if he's adamant on leaving. We didn't tag Byrd twice. We didn't even bother tagging GIlmore. Both of them were better players at their position by the end of their third years than Sammy.

That's up for debate if they will do it twice but they invested more than twice what they did for Gilmore or Byrd.

Edited by What a Tuel